[WoA] Encounter cards

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
This rule by far, is the most confusing/annoying.

Lets say in a 5 player crawl you encounter a particularly tough monster and everyone is in the same tile to deal with it.

If the combat takes 2 full turns of play, each player getting 2 rounds each, does each character have to draw an encounter card each time its their "turn", so 10 cards total for fighting in a room where nobody moves?
This rule by far, is the most confusing/annoying.

Lets say in a 5 player crawl you encounter a particularly tough monster and everyone is in the same tile to deal with it.

If the combat takes 2 full turns of play, each player getting 2 rounds each, does each character have to draw an encounter card each time its their "turn", so 10 cards total for fighting in a room where nobody moves?

Yep.
Though it would not be my recommendation to the other players on the table as to how to deal with this.
XD
We save our XP for the endgame and use them to cancel enounter cards while we are fighting the villian.

My group feels you're NOT supposed to keep pulling encounter cards once the final encounter begins (unless we missed the rule)-- 

Two reasons--

1) The dire chamber tiles are all white triangles
2) The Drow sorceress villain (whose name escapes me) has a special power that forces the players to draw encounter cards-- Why would she have this if you were already pulling them?   

But...We could be wrong.... ;) 
Sign In to post comments