08/29/2011 Draft Simulator

41 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Booster Draft Simulator, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Round 1:
Rusted Sentinel You take the colorless card. The Slime commits you to green, and Frost Breath isn't good enough. You could take the rare if you wanted it, but this is the best pick. 
Gideon's Lawkeeper VS Outrage. Less color intensive and sends strong red signal to left...
Sorin's Thirst Color intensive, but the best card in the pack.
Incinerate Shouldn't go this late. Second Sorin's Thirst might be the right pick, but this is a pretty strong signal to go red (quite unfortunate, since I sent that exact signal already)
Tormented Soul VS Visions of Beyond VS Phantasmal Bear VS Arachnus Web. Take the card in one of your colors.
Garruk's Companion WTF? Worst pack ever or what? Hate draft this guy.
Bonebreaker Giant VS similar big dudes. I like this guy best, but you could take the Mastodon
Bloodrage Vampire VS Honor of the Pure... This guy is most consistent, and since Honor going late isn't necessarily a sign of White being open... probably the right pick.
Frost Breath Shouldn't go this late (In hindsight, should've taken the Axe.)
Tormented Soul
Buried Ruin
Stave Off
Flight
Taste of Blood
Forest

Round 2:
Doom Blade Simply more consistent that Hellkite, but I won't anything against anyone who takes the Dragon.
Drifting Shade Seeing Pacifism and Looter makes me sad.
Vampire Outcasts Seeing Obliv Ring and Phantasmal Dragon makes me more sad.
Bloodrage Vampire VS Tormented Soul #3. I already have two 'thirst enablers.
Mighty Leap What. The. Crap. Is with these friggin packs?  
Duskhunter Bat VS Timely Reinforcements, which is now off-color.
Stave Off This is making me sick to my stomach. These packs are so weak.
Duskhunter Bat
Fiery Hellhound VS Mind Rot. Why the heck is Titanic Growth still here? OR Goblin Grenade, for that matter?
Phantasmal Bear So incredibly and terribly underrated.
Divine Favor
Manabarbs Should've taken the Ponder.
Pride Guardian
Stave Off
Mountain

Round 3:
Warpath Ghoul VS Goblin Chieftain. I'm heavy black right now, so RR is not what I'm looking for. These uncommons suck.
Grim Lavamancer VS Warpath Ghoul. Finally something really good.
Incinerate VS Child of Night. Ha HA! About time.
Goblin Fireslinger VS Devouring Swarm... At which point I weep tears of joy.
Goblin Arsonist Not a bad pick... but this pack is also very poor.
Goblin Fireslinger VS Timely Reinforcements. And so the tears continue to flow.
Goblin Piker VS Mind Unbound.
Goblin War Paint VS Diabolic Tutor VS Dark Favor. Tutor doesn't really have anything good to search for, so I'll go ahead and take this.
Goblin Chieftain I am quite amused that the Kite Sail was taken over this.
Llanowar Elves VS Smallpox VS Unsummon. I freaking HATE! those stupid uncommon artifact charms.
Goblin Arsonist
Reverberate VS Phantasmal Bear. CRIMINALLY underrated card, I tell you.
Pride Guardian
Disentomb
Swamp

This draft was incredibly weak. The uncommons were incredibly weak, and the commons abominably so (did I just use "abominably" again? It's because they really sucked). The third pack went above and beyond saving the draft for me, as I ended up with a decent Bloodthirst deck of exactly 24 playables (it had a very strong 10 playables, in comparison to the first pack's weak 7).

Heh, way to forget what I have and haven't said. Here: Those commons were ABOMINABLY bad.

Creatures (16)

Grim Lavamancer
Jade Mage
Manic Vandal
Stormblood Berserker

Acidic Slime X2
Bonebreaker Giant X2
Furyborn Hellkite
Greater Basilisk

Goblin Chieftain
Goblin Bangchuckers X2
Goblin Piker
Goblin Fireslinger X2

Spells (8)

Burn & Destroy (6)
Incinerate X2
Shock
Chandra's Outrage
Goblin Grenade
Plummet

Other (2)
Reverberate
Lure

Lands (16):

9 x Mountain
7 x Forest

SB:

Brindle Boar
Trollhide
Goblin Tunneler
Gladecover Scout X2
Wall of Torches
Oblivion ring

I think this draft was pretty awesome. Red & green kept flowing in and the picks were as good as it gets imho.
I was lucky to commit early to red & green with the acidic slime and the outrage.

Not sure about the goblin subtheme, but the two bangchuckers work great with the chieftain and the goblin grenade is always nice.
Thinking of sideboarding out the piker out for the trollhide (works great on the bangchuckers and lavamancer + regeneration safety can win you games)

Round 1:
Rusted Sentinel
Chandra's Outrage
Sorin's Thirst
Sorin's Thirst
Tormented Soul
Garruk's Companion
Bonebreaker Giant
Bloodrage Vampire
Lava Axe
Tormented Soul
Buried Ruin
Stave Off
Flight
Taste of Blood
Forest

Round 2:
Doom Blade
Drifting Shade
Vampire Outcasts
Tormented Soul
Distress
Duskhunter Bat
Wall of Torches
Duskhunter Bat
Fiery Hellhound
Disentomb
Divine Favor
Ponder
Pride Guardian
Stave Off
Mountain

Round 3:
Goblin Chieftain
Grim Lavamancer
Incinerate
Goblin Fireslinger
Goblin Arsonist
Goblin Fireslinger
Goblin Piker
Goblin War Paint
Rampant Growth
Llanowar Elves
Goblin Arsonist
Reverberate
Pride Guardian
Naturalize
Swamp

My deck:

Creatures (16): Bonebreaker Giant, Bloodrage Vampire, Rusted Sentinel, Tormented Soul x3, Vampire Outcasts, Drifting Shade, Duskhunter Bat x2, Goblin Chieftain, Grim Lavamancer, Goblin Fireslinger x2,  Goblin Arsonist x2

Spells (7): Chandra's Outrage, Doom Blade, Sorin's Thirst x2, Incinerate, Distress, Goblin War Paint

Land: 9 Swamp, 8 Mountain

Not a great deck... I did not want to end up 50/50 Red and Black as my only real theme other than removal, direct damage then bloodthirst, is to put out the bumpers and scare the opponent on the block step. I predict a mid-group finish an a draft with this deck. Its a shame after drafting three Tormented Souls that I did not find things to bump them up with....

Rice

Edit: Missed the war paint... third soul in for the hell hound and war paint in for the lava axe....

Round 1:
Acidic Slime
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Bonebreaker Giant
Incinerate
Goblin Bangchuckers
Goblin Bangchuckers
Goblin Arsonist
Manic Vandal
Frost Breath
Sundial of the Infinite
Lifelink
Stave Off
Flight
Taste of Blood
Forest

Round 2:
Furyborn Hellkite
Pacifism
Oblivion Ring
Griffin Sentinel
Goblin Piker
Timely Reinforcements
Stave Off
Plummet
Goblin Grenade
Auramancer
Divine Favor
Manabarbs
Pride Guardian
Wall of Torches
Mountain

Round 3:
Goblin Chieftain
Grim Lavamancer
Incinerate
Goblin Fireslinger
Goblin Arsonist
Timely Reinforcements
Goblin Piker
Goblin War Paint
Arachnus Web
Llanowar Elves
Goblin Arsonist
Phantasmal Bear
Pride Guardian
Disentomb
Swamp

Not really ideal. I didn't get the quick bloodthirst creatures really needed to make this deck. No Gorehorn minotaurs or stormblood berserkers really hurt, but it's got decent removal and other good things going for it. Two late pick timely reinforcements? Here's the deck:

Creatures:
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Furyborn Hellkite
Grim Lavamancer
Goblin Chieftain
Bonebreaker Giant
2x Goblin Bangchuckers
Goblin Arsonist
Manic Vandal
Griffin Sentinal
2x Goblin Piker
Auramancer
Goblin Fireslinger
Total- 12

Spells:
2x Timely Reinforcements
Oblivion Ring
Pacifism
Goblin Grenade
2x Incinerate
2x Stave Off
Goblin War Paint
Divine Favor
Total- 11

17 lands
Ended up R/U for some face eating fun.  Pack 1 was meh, Pack 3 was awesome!  And my inner Timmy nearly wet himself with a pack2 pick1 hellkite.  I know the doomblade is good...but...DRAGON!  That Phantasmal Dragon P2P3 was pretty awesome too.

Round 1:
Frost Breath
Chandra's Outrage
Onyx Mage
Incinerate
Phantasmal Bear
Goblin Bangchuckers
Goblin Arsonist
Manic Vandal
Lava Axe
Cancel
Buried Ruin
Firebreathing
Flight
Taste of Blood
Forest

Round 2:
Furyborn Hellkite
Phantasmal Bear
Phantasmal Dragon
Turn to Frog
Goblin Piker
Lava Axe
Wall of Torches
Amphin Cutthroat
Goblin Grenade
Firebreathing
Wall of Torches
Ponder
Taste of Blood
Stave Off
Mountain

Round 3:
Goblin Chieftain
Grim Lavamancer
Incinerate
Goblin Arsonist
Stormblood Berserker
Phantasmal Image
Goblin Piker
Shock
Unsummon
Smallpox
Goblin Arsonist
Phantasmal Bear
Gladecover Scout
Ponder
Swamp

Creatures (14)

Non-Creatures (10)
[deck]
2x Ponder
1x Shock
1x Goblin Grenade
1x Turn to Frog
2x Incinerate
1x Chandra's Outrage
2x Lava Axe
[/deck]

Lands (16)
[deck]
8x Island
8x Mountain
[/deck]

Yes it's creature light,  but I've got a lot of creature kill too, plus serious reach.
I'd be more than happy to have this in a draft.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

Round 1:
Frost Breath
Chandra's Outrage
Sorin's Thirst
Incinerate
Tormented Soul
Goblin Bangchuckers
Goblin Arsonist
Bloodrage Vampire
Slaughter Cry
Tormented Soul
Zombie Infestation
Stave Off
Flight
Taste of Blood
Forest

Round 2:
Doom Blade
Drifting Shade
Vampire Outcasts
Bloodrage Vampire
Goblin Piker
Duskhunter Bat
Hideous Visage
Duskhunter Bat
Fiery Hellhound
Disentomb
Pride Guardian
Manabarbs
Pride Guardian
Wall of Torches
Mountain

Round 3:
Goblin Chieftain
Grim Lavamancer
Incinerate
Goblin Fireslinger
Goblin Tunneler
Timely Reinforcements
Goblin Piker
Diabolic Tutor
Brindle Boar
Unsummon
Goblin Arsonist
Reverberate
Pride Guardian
Naturalize
Swamp

This deck utilizes the Bloodthirst theme in M12. Pick 1, Pack 1, I didn't take Acidic Slime because I didn't want to play Green and Frost Breath is better than Rusted Sentinel. By the same measure I think Breath is better than Slime unless I know I can power out the Slime early with a Llanowar Elf. Even if I took the Slime first, I would have made the same picks the rest of the way. The other decision I had to make was Pick 1, Pack 2 between Furyborn Hellkite and Doom Blade. While the dragon is a bomb, and a finisher late game, my deck wants to be quick and aggresive and clear the way for my bloodthirsty creatures. By the time I have 7 mana for Hellkite, the game should already be over. I really like Hideous Visage in this deck as it can be used to really put my opponent on the ropes or as an alpha strike. For 3 mana it's gonna be tough to cast it and another creature in one turn, but when that happens it's a nice bonus. The one pick I want back is Pick 9, Pack 2. I took Fiery Hellhound and I should have taken Goblin Grenade. I have more than enough Goblins to run it even if I don't play the Bangchuckers which I probably don't. I'd rather play Manabarbs instead. I would also choose not to include Drifting Shade. It falls under Hellkite territory as too slow and mana intensive plus my deck seems to be mostly red which weakens the Shade's pumping ability. 'Drifting Shade - you're cut!' - H.S.
With 15 creatures, 8 spells and 17 lands this deck hits the ground running.
Until next time, your humble servant,
The Apprentice    

First time through I took the Acidic Slime / Lawkeeper and ended up GW aggro with Honor of the Pure.  Not so hot, I felt.
Second time I took the Rusted Sentinel / Chandra's Outrage and found a pretty hot and fast RB 'thirst deck:

Grim Lavamancer
2 Goblin Fireslinger
2 Goblin Arsonist
2 Tormented Soul
Stormblood Berserker
2 Duskhunter Bat
Goblin Chieftain
Warpath Ghoul
Bloodrage Vampire
Fiery Hellhound
Drifting Shade
Vampire Outcasts
Zombie Goliath
Dark Favor
2 Incinerate
Doom Blade
Act of Treason
Chandra's Outrage

SB:
Manabarbs
Smallpox
Goblin War Paint
Lava Axe
Hideous Visage
Mind Rot
3 Disentomb
Rusted Sentinel

What do you think? Does Manabarbs belong in main? Disentombs? Hideous Visage/Lava Axe for finishers?
Creatures (16):
Llanowar Elves
Grim Lavamancer
2x Goblin Fireslinger
Goblin Arsonist
Jade Mage
Stormblood Berserker
Garruk's Companion
Blood Ogre
Elvish Archdruid
Goblin Chieftain
Giant Spider
Lightning Elemental
Acidic Slime
Vastwood Gorger
Furyborn Hellkite

Utility (3):
2x Rampant Growth
Trollhide  

Removal (5):
Shock
2x Incinerate
Chandra's Outrage
Oblivion Ring  

Land (16)
7x Forest
8x Mountain
1x Plains  

Relevant SB :
Naturalize
Stave Off
Reverberate
Arachnus Web

Seems a little scary with so few 3/4 drops, but super removal and great synergy probably make up for it.
GB aggro with some bloodthirst. It seems decent, although all that Red going past did look pretty good. For the record, I don't think you should ever pick something that costs seven over Doom Blade, even if it is a nice, big dragon.

Round 1:
Acidic Slime
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Sorin's Thirst
Sorin's Thirst
Arachnus Web
Garruk's Companion
Greater Basilisk
Runeclaw Bear
Frost Breath
Tormented Soul
Ponder
Brink of Disaster
Flight
Taste of Blood
Forest

Round 2:
Doom Blade
Giant Spider
Vampire Outcasts
Tormented Soul
Distress
Duskhunter Bat
Stave Off
Duskhunter Bat
Titanic Growth
Plummet
Disentomb
Manabarbs
Pride Guardian
Stave Off
Mountain

Round 3:
Jade Mage
Trollhide
Lurking Crocodile
Devouring Swarm
Zombie Goliath
Titanic Growth
Zombie Goliath
Sacred Wolf
Brindle Boar
Llanowar Elves
Siege Mastodon
Phantasmal Bear
Pride Guardian
Disentomb
Swamp

My hypothetical deck would be something like this:

2x Tormented Soul
Llanowar Elves
Garruk's Companion
Runeclaw Bear
2x Duskhunter Bat
Jade Mage
Lurking Crocodile
Devouring Swarm
Sacred Wolf
Giant Spider
Vampire Outcasts
Acidic Slime
Greater Basilisk
Zombie Goliath

2x Sorin's Thirst
Doom Blade
2x Titanic Growth
Arachnus Web
Trollhide

8X Swamp
9X Forest
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
First pick: Quicksilver Amulet
My eyes are drawn to the Quicksilver Amulet to the exclusion of all others for multiple reasons. One, I enjoy tricking out large things in my non-draft decks. Two, none of the other cards are really that spectacular, and the Amulet let's me pick without dedicateing to a color. THree, It allows me to both pick and USE off-color creatures I don't want my opponents haveing. Even if I ultimately pay more for the creature, it's better than not useing it at all, and with some it could still be much cheaper. With Lure and Acidic Slime, safe bet my neighbor's going to draft green. 

Second Pick: Chandra's Outrage
Not much here either. Only thing that stands out at all is Chandra's Outrage, although Tormented Soul isn't bad. Creature removal/burn vs. cheap unblockable? Removeing a creature does more in my mind than hitting for 1 a turn. 

Third Pick: Rampant Growth
Ponder's Nice, as is Rampant Growth. I'm going to bank on haveing a higher Mana ramp and draft some acceleration. 

Fourth Pick: Lurking Crocodile
At this point I've passed up two cancels and at least one ponder. Someone has to have blue, which puts Lurking Crocodile into high contention. Incinerate's a cheap removal. Basically it's the same delima as my second pick, only this time I'm going with the creature. Need to start getting some creatures together before long.

Fifth Pick: Visions of Beyond
It's a draw between Arachnus Web, Unsummon, and Visions of Beyond. With the Crocodile, my removal spells will idealy double as burn spells. While unsummon is good, Visions of Beyond is better. I'll splash a little blue for the card draw. Rare-pick as a bonus. To my mind, Now locked in as green-red-blue. Does raise some concerns, though. A blue player won't let that pass him up, so what's my other neighbor drafting?

Sixth Pick: Garruk's Companion
I need to have creatures for Doubleing chant to be effective, and at the moment I don't have much faith in my creatures yet. Garruk's Companion wins out for this reason. 

Seventh Pick: Goblin Arsonist
The little firestarter's perfect for bloodthirst, assumeing I get more. He's begging to be sacrificed for something, and he's cheap. Only other option is Greater Basilisk, and while he'd be fine later, not now. 

Eighth Pick: Vastwood Gorger
Bloodrage Vampire is finally another creature that has Bloodthirst, but I'm not takeing another color. Vastwood Gorger is exactly the sort of creature I picked the Amulet to deal with (Although I had titans in mind), and the Runeclaw Bear is the only other thing I see as relivant. The Wurm it is. 

Ninth Pick: Fog
Naturalize or Fog. Fog buys me a turn, Naturalize takes care of some non-creatures. At the moment I've gotten a high Mana-ramp, so anything that get's me a reprive is valuable. 

Tenth Pick: Autumn's Veil
No one took the counterspell yet? Now I'm majorly concerned and thinking the Lurking Crocodile might have been a mistake. No going back though. Autumn's Veil takes care of Doomblades and worse, and is the only on-color thing here. 

Eleventh Pick: Buried Ruin
A fair chunk of my stratigy at this point is up in the air, but mostly revolves around Quicksilver Amulet. Buried Ruin fetches it back for me. Nothing else is attractive.

12th Pick: Merfolk Mesmerist
Not the color I'd prefer, but I'm mildly strapped for creatures. 

13th Pick: Flight
Green, which is what the bulk of my picks are at the moment, I've experianced to be weak to evasive creatures. At least it's cheap.

14th Pick: Taste of Blood
*Shrug*

15th Pick: Forest
One less I have to bum off the store. 

16th Pick: Furyborn Hellkite
Already off to a much better start. The Dragon's a much better game-ender than the Wurm. Hopeing the Rampant Growth or Titanic Growth stick around, and the Goblin Grenade works well with the Goblin Arsonist I already have. 

17th Pick: Acidic Slime
I probably celebrated a bit soon. Nothing cheap is on-color, and no burn spells. Acidic Slime is greater than Giant Spider.

18th Pick: Brindle Boar
My 1st turn and 2nd turn will be burn spells and acceleration, if I have my way. Brindle will help me recover afterwards. 

19th Pick: Turn to Frog
Mana Barbs would hurt me as much, if not more than, my opponent. THat makes it likely to take just to keep someone else from takeing it. Lightning elemental does little to smooth my mana curve out, leaveing it as Ponder or Turn to Frog. Either could save me. I'm assumeing others have gotten ahold of bad things, so I'll cancel said bad things with Ribbits, even if only for a turn. 

20th Pick: Fog
I've got problems, simple as that. Fog buys me a turn. 

21st Pick: Elvish Archdruid
Grace! If only I went with the 1-drop elf earlier. oh well, Elf sub-theme if I can pull it off. It does mean I've fataly misunderstood my opponents by this point, so from now on I'm focusing more on salvageing my deck. 

22nd Pick: Goblin Tunneler
Actually not bad for me. My early creatures are weaker than I'd like, so they can at least be evasive. 

23rd Pick: Garruk's Companion
Creatures Ho!

24th Pick: Rampant Growth
All my wishes came though, and I wish they haden't. Titanic Growth will be a nasty suprise from one of my creatures, Have them endure, and so on. Rampant growth will go quite a ways in smoothing my mana out, and goblin Grenate let's me burn for sacrificeing a goblin. I don't have as many goblins as I thought I would, so that's out. My mana curve is too high, I think Rampant Growth will help more than Titanic.

25th Pick: Phantasmal Bear
It may be air, but it hits impressively for it's cost. 

26th Pick: Gladecover Scout
Redemption! Another chance for the 1-drop elf. No mistakes this time. 

27th Pick: Manabarbs
Interesting Delima. I've got a high mana curve, so logically speaking I'm tapping more land per turn than my opponent likely will. Mana Barbs will make me hurt bad, and in spite of being a burn spell it isn't one I can realistically use for the little Bloodthirst I have. Against another ponder and a charm, though, I'll take the rare-draft and see if I can make it work. 

28th Pick: Taste of Blood
*Shrug* The way my burn's going, I'll take it. 

29th Pick: Stave off
*Shrug*

30th pick: Mountain
Another one I don't have to bum from the store. 

31st pick: Rampant Growth
Come on Primeval Titan, Come on...*Opens Goblin cheiftan* ... *Takes Rampant Growth*

32nd Pick: Grim Lavamancer
Oh, how mean it is to what I'm struggleing to build. Lavamancer solves a good portion of my burn issues, Llanowar plays nice with the Archdruid. Well, no one else seems to be playing green, and I don't trust there being no rare-drafters in this one...

33rd Pick: Lurking Crocodile
Scepter of Empires solves my burn issue entirely, though I hate to pass up the green bloodthirst. I'm fairly sure by now no one's main-drafting blue, but several are probably side-drafting it. Even if I can't trigger it's bloodthirst, It's Islandwalk will help. Maybe the scepter will come up again.

34th Pick: Reverberate
Either the Fireslinger or the Arsonist would be just as good for the burn/bloodthirst aspect of my deck, but Reverberate can do so much more than the mere triggering Bloodthirst the others would do. Ignoreing what my opponent plays, It lets me dig for two lands (Copy Rampant growth), Minimize another creature (Via Turn to Frog), Draw an additional card (Visions of Beyond), and double Chandra's Outrage. It's simply more flexible at this point. 

35th Pick: Gladecover Scout
While I'm strongly tempted by Stormlord Berserker, I need more elves to justify my pick of Elvish Archdruid. Even as I make this pick, I know I may end up regreting it. 

36th Pick: Titanic Growth
Another shot at the Goblin Fireslinger, but ever since the Lavamancer I'm more comfortable with the amount of burn I have. Most of my creatures at this point are small, so Titanic Growth it is. Trollhide's another option, but the suprise factor outwheighs the sticking around. 

37th Pick: Gladecover Scout
Elf again. with the archdruid, they're 2/2 and let him tap for up to 4 mana. Not bad, especially if they're early plays. 

38th Pick: Goblin War Paint
At this point, what I need is not here. War paint speeds up other things and makes them hit harder. Not bad on Garruk's Companion, and only makes them a 4-drop. Can also speed up the archdruid. 

39th Pick: Unsummon
On whole, where wasn't as many creature-removal spells as I had hoped. If I can't kill them on the spot, I'll slow them down however I can. 

40th pick: Unsummon
Largely the same reason as above, though the Llanowar elves was tempting. 

41st Pick: Goblin Arsonist
It's fast, that's about it. Trollhide was possible, but I don't like haveing to hold onto 2-4 mana to regenerate whatever it's on. I don't belive there will be enough mana as is. 

42nd Pick: Turn to Frog
By now it's a given that I've missed some of the better things. This levels the playing field in a pinch. 

43rd Pick: Goblin Tunneler
Now moreso than before, I've got alot of 2/2s. I can only imagine others will have stronger things. If you can't beat them, dig under them. 

44th Pick: Naturalize
Not much choice here, but there are much worse things. At least it's on-color this time.

45th Pick: Swamp
*Shrug* And I was doing so good on lands...

Not the grandest list in my opinion. Still, you work with what you've got. I'd build this, more or less:

Creatures (14): 
x3 Gladecover Scout
x1 Elvish Archdruid
x2 Goblin Tunneler
x1 Goblin Arsonist
x2 Garruk's Companion
x2 Lurking Crocodile
x1 Grim Lavamancer
x1 Furyborn Hellkite
x1 Acidic Slime

Spells (11):
x3 Rampant Growth
x1 Visions of Beyond
x2 Unsummon
x1 Chandra's Outrage
x1 Quicksilver Amulet
x1 Goblin War Paint 
x1 Autumn's Veil
x1 Reverberate

Land (15):

x1 Buried Ruin 
x2 Island
x4 Mountain
x8 Forest 

Main stratagy is to accelerate as much as you can, useing the tunnelers to sneak hits in if you can't attack outright. Once Quicksilver Amulet's played, use it to trick in the Hellkite. Bloodthirst doesn't care if it was cast or tricked out, only that it enters the battlefield, and a 12/12 flier will win the game if they don't counter/remove it. If they try to, unsummon or Autumn's Veil dodges the bullet, and you're not really that much worse off. Elvish Archdruid has just a high enough maximum mana gain to make him worth it, as he can trigger Quicksilver by himself if you have all the elves out. The Goblin War Paint (Take a moment and picture that one) makes him fast enough to tap for that much mana that turn, and strong enough to survive the Incinerates I passed. The other elves can't be hit with kill-spells in the first place, and can get under the the oppenents army via tunneler. 

All in all, it didn't end up too bad. If there's a creature this deck can't handle, the Turn to Frog's will shove that creature down to par. Past that though, Kinda out of luck. Knowing how the packs went, so many changes that I could have made, ended up with a much better pool. Not the point though, you get what you take and you take what you think is best.

Edit : Cookie for anyone that read that all. Much longer than I expected, but I supposed I may as well be complete about it if I was going to post at all.  
Round 1:Acidic SlimeChandra's OutrageOnyx MageIncinerateTormented SoulGarruk's CompanionGoblin ArsonistBloodrage VampireLava AxeTormented SoulZombie InfestationFirebreathingBountiful HarvestTaste of BloodForest

Round 2:Furyborn HellkiteDrifting ShadeVampire OutcastsTormented SoulHideous VisageDuskhunter BatHideous VisageBlood SeekerMind RotDisentombGladecover ScoutManabarbsTaste of BloodStave OffMountain

Round 3:Jade MageGrim LavamancerIncinerateGoblin FireslingerZombie GoliathGoblin FireslingerGoblin PikerDark FavorDistressSmallpoxGoblin ArsonistReverberateGladecover ScoutNaturalizeSwamp

After the first pack I was thinking red-black with a splash of green, but I dropped that plan in pack 2. Hellkite vs. Doom Blade is a terrible decision to have to mak. Comments?

Creatures (16)
Onyx Mage
2 Tormented Soul
2 Goblin Arsonist
Bloodrage Vampire
Furyborn Hellkite
Drifting Shade
Vampire Outcasts
Tormented Soul
Duskhunter Bat
Blood Seeker
Grim Lavamancer
2 Goblin Fireslinger
Zombie Goliath

Spells (7)
Chandra's Outrage
2 Incinerate
Lava Axe 
Zombie Infestation 
Reverberate
Smallpox 

Land (17)
9 Swamp
8 Mountain 

Please feel free to PM me any comments. I have not noticed many people drafting Manalith I am curious why.  

Round 1:

Acidic Slime Control the board Deathtouch is nice too. possibly Mana accelerate deck
Tormented Soul Fond of Tormented Soul... Too Early will want pumper enchantments.Was debating Onyx Mage and go deathtouch theme.
Rampant Growth Follow the green black get the mana accelerate while I can
Reassembling Skeleton is a good blocker ... if I get the mana flowing
Tormented Soul I am pleased to have two so early now I need to look for pumers...
Garruk's Companion He is a green creature
Greater Basilisk Deathtouch nice addition for late game defense.
Bloodrage Vampire Black and bloodthirst for the tormented soul.
Naturalize
Autumn's Veil protects against doomblade
Lifelink Dont want my opponent gaining life. 
Stave Off meh hate draft.
Bountiful Harvest it's green
Taste of Blood
Forest

Round 2:
Doom Blade I am playing black it is a must
Acidic Slime more enchantment hate and another deathtouch late game.
Vampire Outcasts Tough call went with the bloodthirst.
Tormented Soul three Souls!
Reclaim recycle the doomblade
Greater Basilisk Deathtouch
Stave Off Hate draft
Duskhunter Bat
Titanic Growth need pumpers
Disentomb black should have a little recursion
Gladecover Scout love the hexproof elf for blocking
Ponder another ponder for my collection
Pride Guardian would rather not have my opponent gaining life on me.
Brink of Disaster
Mountain

Round 3:
Manalith havent had much mana accelerate Manalith creates black or green for me.
Manalith see above. Could play POnder if I wish now.
Greater Basilisk Deathtouch
Trollhide Need a pumper. Regerate is nice.
Gladecover Scout blocker
Trollhide hmmm... 3/3 hexproof elves with regerate or potentially drop it on a slime.
Lure
Dark Favor by now I have the pumpers I need still need mana acceleration
Brindle Boar basic creature +4 life a bonus
Lanowar Elves Mana Pumper
Trollhide
Reverberatespellhate think Fireball or Lava Axe
Pride Guardian it's a card
Ponder
Swamp

Land (14):
Forest X7
Swamp X7

Creatures (14):

Acidic Slime X2
Bloodrage Vampire
Duskhunter Bat
Gladecover Scout X2
Greater Bassalisk X3
Llanowar Elves
Tormented Soul X3
Vampire Outcasts

Artifacts (2):

Manalith X2

Spells: (12)

Autmns Veil
Brink of Disaster
Dark Favor
Disentomb
Doomblade
Lure
Rampant Growth
Reclaim
Titanic Growth
Trollhide X3

Sideboard (onlyuseable cards mentioned)

Bountiful Harvest
Brindle Boar
Garruks Champion
Naturalize
Reassembling Skeleton
Ponder X2
Taste of Blood

Island X2
Swamp X2

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Round 1:
Acidic Slime I'm not a big fan of quicksilver amulet in limited. Not with the speed of the format.
Gideon's Lawkeeper The choice was between lawkeeper, chandra's outrage of the drake. The lawkeeper is the most useful of the 3  ImO.
Onyx Mage I'm not going to3rd pick armored war horse, andit seems early for rampant growth. i'm not sure if I'll even stay in green. Between Sorin's thirst and Onyx mage, the mage is better if black ends up being a splash, and it gets rid of illusions for free.
Reassembling Skeleton  I can get SorinsS thirst here,which is very tempting, but skeletons have so many uses. And I already have Onyx mage to combo with it.
Tormented Soul Here I could get arachnus web or this guy. He's maindecjkable, and will hurt whoever's playing red/black bloodthirst. And I'm already deeper into black.
Brink of Disaster Removal is removal. And i'm not taking garruck's companion over this. I still only have only 1 green card so companion would be illogical.
Stonehorn Dignitary it's too late to go into red, and I wouldn't do it over goblin arsonist. Greater basilisk is a good card, but I'd rather have something that costs 4 than 5. And the dignitary lets you stabilize against bloodthirst and bothers any limited deck really.
Honor of the Pure Bloodrage vampire is decent, but honor of the pure could gie me a lot more bang for the buck. It goes so well with griffin sentinel.
Divine Favor only pick. Playable at least.
Tormented Soul Can't figure out why this is still ther. Maybe only 2 players draft black.e
Zombie Infestation Better than anything else here. Could maindeck or side.
Brink of Disaster Yep, not many ppl in black.
Flight
Taste of Blood
Forest

Round 2:
Doom Blade  I want greatsword, I want stormfront pegasus. But this is doomblade.
Pacifism More 2 mana removal.
Oblivion Ring Not that there aren't other good cards, but this beats vampire outcasts.
Griffin Sentinel Cm'here you. I got honor of the pure.
Pride Guardian No brainer, and I still got honor of the pure.
Timely Reinforcements Supercard, and I still got honor of the pure.
Stave Off This happens to be the only pick here. But it's still a good card. maindeck.
Duskhunter Bat Will probably be more useful than bloodseeker, which I'll likely forget to activate once in a while anyway.
Mind Rot Only pick.
Auramancer Default pick. there are 2 acidic slimes running around. so it might get me back O ring or an aura.
Pride Guardian Hey I wanted one of those. And I stilll got honor of the pure
Ponder Logical hate
Reclaim Logical hate
Stave Off Wow thanks.
Mountain

Round 3:
Benalish Veteran Ouch, what  horrible first pick options. I won't be playing Kite shield, I'd likie mighty leap but the deck still need mid size creatures.
Manalith man this pack sucks for me. I have half a mind to hate lavamancer. Logical pick.
Alabaster Mage This will be child of night when it needs to be. Best pick here.
Griffin Sentinel I still have honor of the pure.
Pride Guardian No other choice here. Yhough I could hate stormblood berzerker.
Disentomb Unless I have 8 griffins in my deck, I'm not touching griffin rider. Nothing else for me here.
Pride Guardian Man, what's with the lack of black/white?
Armored Warhorse Sure, good enough.
Goblin Chieftain Best card to hate.
Llanowar Elves Hate
Goblin Arsonist Hate
Phantasmal Bear Whatever
Gladecover Scout
Ponder
Swamp

Round 1:Quicksilver AmuletGorehorn MinotaursBonebreaker GiantLava AxeGoblin War PaintGoblin BangchuckersBonebreaker GiantBloodrage VampireSwampTormented SoulMountainFirebreathingIslandSwampForest

Round 2:Furyborn HellkiteDragon's ClawVampire OutcastsBloodrage VampireHideous VisageElixir of ImmortalityWall of TorchesBlood SeekerGoblin GrenadeDisentombWall of TorchesAngel's FeatherTaste of BloodWall of TorchesMountain

Round 3:Demon's HornGrim LavamancerChild of NightFlingStormblood BerserkerDisentombGoblin PikerDark FavorGoblin ChieftainWurm's ToothKraken's EyeReverberateMountainIslandSwamp
Ok, this time around I used notepad to write down my thoughts, feel free to comment on them

P1p1 Hmmm, nothing exciting here, to me it seems a pick between acidic slime and quicksilver amulet.
I find the amulet too slow, so I pick acidic slime.

P1p2 Hmmm, now to choose. Outrage is creature kill. Maybe I can slip into red/green? Chandra's outrage here.

P1p3 Still, nothing quite special but that rampant growth would very much help with the double red and green. This could backfire but time to take a stand, the growth it is.

P1p4 Oooo, this could very well open up for me. Incinerate is obviously the pick. Passing some good black and blue but I see the lurking crocodile also passing.

P1p5 Would like to get some quality creatures but arachnus web is fine for me now

P1p6 time to take some creatures and garruk's is fine here

P1p7 Hmmm, tough choice, basilisk is good but so is the arsonist. Even the giant I would be happy to take but the other two are just plain better. So do I search for something
on the low end of the spectrum or at the high end? Green has more fatties at the top end and I like targeted damage so it's the arsonist for me now.

P1p8 That's the second time I get rewarded for a choice, nice big 5/6 fatty and Im picking up the gorger.

P1p9 Lava axe

P1p10 Autumn's veil , for the sideboard

P1p11 Buried rune , in case some nice artifacts come wandering by

P1p12 firebreathing

P1p13 Bountiful Harvest

P1p14 Taste of blood

P1p15 Forest

Ok, so I am happy to be in green/red. I have a few good removal spells, but really do need some more creatures. Also, mana development would be good so let's keep eyes open for rampant growth, llanowar elves and serious good creatures

P2p1 ooooooooooookay, that's a lot of power in one pack. I know doom blade is regarded as THE best card in M12 but if I can keep out of splashing a third color I will. There is enough suitable other material here for me to choose from so I decide
not to take the doom blade. Goblin grenade combo's well with the arsonist but I dont have enough goblins so I skip that one too. I like the titanic growth but I dont have enough creatures yet. In the end, the absolute power of the dragon is too much
to pass up so I decide to take Furyborn Hellkite

P2p2 good lord, that's a lot of power again in colors I am not playing. However, the slime is still very good so I take it.

P2p3 This is getting ridiculous, so much black and white power , three packs in a row. However, I find it too late to switch and the scout is good early game. Scout here.

P2p4 Lightning elemental

P2p5 reclaim is good with incinerate, rampant growth, outrage or any good card that gets sent to the graveyard.

P2p6 If I had some more elves I would take the archdruid but I only have one atm so it's the deathtouch basilisk here. Getting top heavy atm, would really like some more rampant growth or llanowar elves

P2p7 Weak pack, goblin tunneler

P2p8 plummet to help against pesky flyers

P2p9 O yeah baby, come to daddy. Rampant growth here. Too bad I cant take the growth along too :O

P2p10 hating disentomb

P2p11 repeat last sentence

P2p12 Manabarbs

P2p13 Pride guardian

P2p14 Stave off

P2p15 Mountain

Hmmmmm, that hurt to pass up onyx ring, pacifism and doom blade after each other but some good additions. I could probably do with some midrange power.

P3p1 Oooookay, I would seriously like half this pack please. Three rampant growth is sweet in my deck but the choice here I think is between web and mage. I could still very much do with some more creatures and midrange power, the jade mage helps in both departments, I take the mage

P3p2 Right, yet more goodies and serious decisions to take. Trollhide is good, act of treason too, but there is also a lavamancer and a mana elf available. I first skip by the treason, then decide to skip the trollhide (I am allready quite mana intensive). So, lavamancer or llanowar elves?
Well, both one mana first drop but I would be happier with the lavamancer if I draw it in the late game, so lavamancer it is.

P3p3 I dont pass up the incinerate here, just too good. Once again so much good stuff I have to pass. Hopefully some of it will come back to me

P3p4 Hopefully fling tables so I can use it with the dragon to end things quickly. The choice is between the arsonist and the fireslinger. Even though I cant ping creatures, tim is good so I take fireslinger (also combo's well with the dragon)

P3p5 Well, seeing another pack that passes serious red/green goodies I feel happy with my choice of staying in red/green. However, I am getting a headache of all the difficult decisions I have to make. Since I have several good first drops I take the berserker.

P3p6 Great , a titanic growth comes my way, I'll take it.

P3p7 With the recent picks I'll be happy to take another scout

P3p8 I can't believe it, a shock this late? Thank you very much, I'll take it.

P3p9 Thank you, another growth, this will seriously help me thin out my land and get to my goodies

P3p10 O yes, the llanowar elves tabled, Ill take it

P3p11 And the arsonist tables too, I'll take it

P3p12 Maybe I even have a nice slot for reverberate, I got quite a few good instants and sorcery's I wouldn't mind copying

P3p13 scout

P3p14 naturalize

P3p15 swamp

To wrap things up, here are my picks
Round 1:
Acidic Slime
Chandra's Outrage
Rampant Growth
Incinerate
Arachnus Web
Garruk's Companion
Goblin Arsonist
Vastwood Gorger
Lava Axe
Autumn's Veil
Buried Ruin
Firebreathing
Bountiful Harvest
Taste of Blood
Forest

Round 2:
Furyborn Hellkite
Acidic Slime
Gladecover Scout
Lightning Elemental
Reclaim
Greater Basilisk
Goblin Tunneler
Plummet
Rampant Growth
Disentomb
Disentomb
Manabarbs
Pride Guardian
Stave Off
Mountain

Round 3:
Jade Mage
Grim Lavamancer
Incinerate
Goblin Fireslinger
Stormblood Berserker
Titanic Growth
Gladecover Scout
Shock
Rampant Growth
Llanowar Elves
Goblin Arsonist
Reverberate
Gladecover Scout
Naturalize
Swamp

Now I am going to try and built a deck out of this.

Creatures
-2x Acidic Slime    3GG
-1x Furyborn Hellkite    4RRR
-1x Jade Mage        1G
-1x Grim Lavamancer    R
-1x Llanowar Elves    G
-1x Garruk's Companion    GG
-2x Goblin Arsonist    R
-1x Gobin Fireslinger    R
-1x Stormblood Berserker1R
-1x Greater Basilisk    3GG

Spells
-1x Chandra's Outrage    2RR
-2x Incinerate        1R
-1x Shock        R
-1x Arachnus Web    2G
-3x Rampant Growth    1G
-1x Reclaim        G
-1x Titanic Growth    1G
-1x Reverberate        RR
-1x Lava Axe        4R

Land
-8 forest
-8 mountain

Got a bit more R casting cost but it's allready 3 for the dragon which is late game. Also , the growths will help me smooth out so 8/8 split here.

I decide to play just 16 land as the llanowar elf and rampant growth are good at letting me get to my mana. If I survive the early game I have
a dragon to end things, a jade mage to pump out hordes of saprolings or even reverberate+lava axe to instantly burn 10 to the face. Quite happy with this but have to take note of some serious power passed in good blue flyers and good black/white creature control I am guessing the difficulty with this deck will be to decide each game if I am the aggro or control deck.

Again, feel free to leave a comment.

Round 1:
Rusted Sentinel - Quick silver is too slow and there aren't enough creatures to make it worth it. Colorless is a safe choice
Celestial Purge - Cheap, relible removal in one of my favorite colors, and It's uncommon so I won't be seeing another one of these this draft. Grab it while I can.
Bonebreaker Giant - It's either this or the war horse, and that locks me down to white. I like the idea of boros colors: white defense, red offense. Grab the big guy.
Firebreathing - Incinerate, Axe or this. The axe is nice, but it's slow and a one shot item. Incinerate is nice, but I need a win condition. Firebreathing is the only card that lasts for more than one turn.
Goblin War Paint - This or bang chuckers. I don't like the idea of 50-50 I just wasted 4 mana, unless I can buff it's toughness with a card like...
Divine Favor - or lifelink or Doubling Chant. I don't think I'm going to get enough two-of creatures to make it worth splashing Green. Lifelink gives me life, but so does Divine favor. The amount of life a oversized blocker will save me is more than the amount a single lifelink will.
Stonehorn Dignitary - this or another big beater. Stonehorn serves as an oversize blocker and a fog in a single card. I'm running white to slow the guy down, and this is the perfect card for that. I'm starting to like this draft.
Honor of the Pure - This thing is still open?! wtf is worng with these people? I must be the only white deck. I can use this. They're not taking the whites so I need to prioritize my red half.
Divine Favor - or wall of torches or another axe. I know I said to prioritize the reds, but the wall is a single use card, and the lava axe is only good as a finisher. I'm running an attrition battle, not a race. Grab the life gain.
Sun Dial of the Infinite  - now we're at the discards
Lifelink
Stave Off
Flight
Taste of Blood
forest

So far, a very nice pull for boros life gain/burn

Round 2:
Furyborn HellkiteLaughing
Pacifism - Removal is the name of the game
Oblivion Ring - This is a VERY good day.
Manabarbs - In a deck running copius amounts of life gain? YES
Stonehorn Dignitary - I'm a big fan of two-ofs
Timely Reinforcements - best. card. ever.
Stave Off - Anti removal is just as important as removal.
Angel's Mercy - Only card in my color pallet. This is a very good draft.
Fiery Hellhound - I don't have _any_ goblins, so I can't run goblin grenade.
Auramancer - A card that works well with enchantments or an enchatment? I already have a lot of enchantments.
Pride Guardian - Life gain blocker. The Wall of torches will die to a goblin arsonist, but this won't.
Angel's Feather - Discards
Pride Guardian
Wall of Torches
mountain

I feel very good about this draft. Even the discards are in my color pallet.

Round 3:
Goblin Chieftain - I need another win con. I'm not about to splash another color, and no other card is screaming "I win"
Grim Lavamancer - Repeatable burn is nice, but not what I need right now. I think I'll take this solely so that no one else can.
Goblin Arsonist - Life gain, big beater, removal, or synergy with Chieftain? I'll take the goblin.
Goblin Fireslinger - Goblin, Goblin, or potential white beater? I'll take the ping goblin so I can sit back and win consistantly.
Tectonic Rift - Goblin, goblin, lightning, or Land destruction? I don't have enough removal to be confident with the Lightning. I'll see more goblins, but I won't see another uncommon land destruction.
Timely Reinforcements - Still an amazing card
Goblin Piker - I'll take another goblin.
Goblin War Paint - 1/1s need a bit of a boost sometimes. I don't think I need spot removal with the number of defenses I already have.
Mighty Leap
Smallpox  - here come the discards
Siege Mastodon
Turn to Frog
Pride Guardian
Disentomb
swamp

I feel very good about how this draft went. Let's see what I can build:

I'm running an abnormally high number of expensive cards, so I'll use a bit more land than I normally do.

It turns out I didn't pick up enough goblins to use the Chieftain, so the deck is more about surviving long enough to pull out my big beaters, or slowly burning them down with manabarbs.

Creatures (12)
1- Furyborn Hellkite
1- Goblin Fireslinger
1- Bonebreaker Giant
1- Siege Mastodon
1- Rusted Sentinel
1- Fiery Hellhound
1- Auramancer
3- Pride Guardian
2- Stonehorn Dignitary

Spells (6)
2- Timely Reinforcements
2- Stave Off
1- Celestial Purge
1- Angel's Mercy

Enchantments (9)
1- Manabarbs
1- Honor of the Pure
2- Goblin War Paint
2- Divine Favor
1- Firebreathing
1- Oblivion Ring
1- Pacifism

Land(18)
 -8 mountain
 -10 plains
Round 1:
Frost Breath
Cancel
Ponder
Brink of Disaster
Distress
Taste of Blood
Alluring Siren
Bloodrage Vampire
Swamp
Tormented Soul
Zombie Infestation
Merfolk Mesmerist
Flight
Swamp
Forest

Round 2:
Doom Blade
Drowned Catacomb
Vampire Outcasts
Turn to Frog
Distress
Elixir of Immortality
Merfolk Mesmerist
Blood Seeker
Mind Rot
Disentomb
Gladecover Scout
Ponder
Swamp
Island
Mountain

Round 3:
Demon's Horn
Unsummon
Kraken's Eye
Phantasmal Bear
Ice Cage
Phantasmal Image
Buried Ruin
Dark Favor
Unsummon
Kraken's Eye
Disentomb
Island
Mountain
Island
Swamp

I'm sort of new to the drafting thing (first draft being at Anime Detour last April and this being my second), and I'm not too sure on my skills...I was trying to go for a somewhat even-balanced black and blue deck, and of course I got a few unwanted cards at the end of the packs, but how do you think I did?  Any input would be greatly appreciated, as long as it's not flaming just to flame.

Round 1:
Acidic Slime
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Buried Ruin
Incinerate
Bountiful Harvest
Doubling Chant
Greater Basilisk
Honor of the Pure
Divine Favor
Cancel
Lifelink
Lava Axe
Unsummon
Taste of Blood
Forest

Round 2:
Greatsword
Pacifism
Oblivion Ring
Griffin Sentinel
Stonehorn Dignitary
Timely Reinforcements
Stave Off
Angel's Mercy
Titanic Growth
Auramancer
Divine Favor
Angel's Feather
Pride Guardian
Stave Off
Mountain

Round 3:
Benalish Veteran
Guardians' Pledge
Alabaster Mage
Griffin Rider
Pride Guardian
Griffin Rider
Buried Ruin
Demystify
Brindle Boar
Brindle Boar
Trollhide
Bountiful Harvest
Gladecover Scout
Disentomb
Swamp

Yes this is my first draft. No I am not mentally handicapped. Yes I would like comments on this. ThanksTongue out 

Round 1:

Quicksilver Amulet

Gorehorn Minotaurs

Rampant Growth

Incinerate

Arachnus Web

Garruk's Companion

Goblin Arsonist

Vastwood Gorger

Fog

Sundial of the Infinite

Buried Ruin

Stave Off

Flight

Taste of Blood

Forest

Round 2:

Furyborn Hellkite

Acidic Slime

Wall of Torches

Lightning Elemental

Fog

Elvish Archdruid

Wall of Torches

Garruk's Companion

Rampant Growth

Firebreathing

Gladecover Scout

Manabarbs

Taste of Blood

Stave Off

Mountain

Round 3:

Goblin Chieftain

Grim Lavamancer

Incinerate

Goblin Arsonist

Stormblood Berserker

Goblin Fireslinger

Goblin Piker

Shock

Rampant Growth

Llanowar Elves

Goblin Arsonist

Reverberate

Gladecover Scout

Disentomb

Swamp

Lands 17

9 Forests

8 Mountains

Creatures 14

Acidic Slime

Elvish Archdruid

Furyborn Hellkite

2 Garruk’s Companion

3 Goblin Arsonist

Goblin Chieftain

Gorehorn Minotaur

Grim Lavamancer

Llanowar Elves

Stormblood Berserker

Vastwood Gorger

Spells 9

2 Fog

2 Incinerate

Quicksilver Amulet

3 Rampant Growth

Shock

Quicksilver Amulet into large creatures with green mana and red removal. At least that was the plan. Not a lot of big green creature fatties in the draft. Most of the creatures seemed small in the draft.
@Gampamagic

First two picks, no comment , solid choices in my opinion. Third pick, I would have done differently. Not that many great artifacts in M12, I'd say that the warhorse and rampant growth are more solid picks.

Incinerate, good pick, removal is key and it is too early to commit to a color just yet. But then, bountiful harvest. Not a good pick in my opinion. M12 is rather fast, and you'd be much happier spending 5 mana on something that will actually improve your board position. Arachnus web would be a good choice as it would lock down a pesky creature of your opponent for instance.

Doubling chant. Good card for constructed decks, not so much for limited. Chances are allready slim of even getting multiple commons and even if you do, you would like some big impact creatures. More llanowar elves or tormented souls aren't going to scare your opponent when you reach 6 mana. Also keep in mind that you will at least need a reliable creature base to actually survive. I'd favor Garruk's companion or even reclaim here over the chant.

Greater basilisk is a good choice. Honor of the pure. Hmmm, doesnt fill a role for you yet as you only have one white creature till here but this would seem to indicate white is open. Could be a good choice if you start investing in white now. Otherwise it is a wasted pick where vastwood gorger or even the bears would more likely get a place in your deck.

I stop giving feedback from here on as I believe that having a focus in the first pack greatly helps your decision making, it makes it a lot easier to see where you are going and what you would actually want to pick. After the first 15 picks you have 4 green cards, 4 white cards, 2 blue, 2 red, 1 black and two lands. Also , up to this point you only have three creatures, making lifelink, doubling chant and divine favor dead draws (and you are allready vulnerable to get 2 for 1'd with enchants. ). So my advice, take the most powerfull picks in the first few packs and observe what is being passed to you. If you notice what color is being passed to you will tell you what color is open and you are more likely to build a more powerful deck.

Hope this helps.

Ok, this time around I used notepad to write down my thoughts, feel free to comment on them

Show

P1p1 Hmmm, nothing exciting here, to me it seems a pick between acidic slime and quicksilver amulet.
I find the amulet too slow, so I pick acidic slime.

P1p2 Hmmm, now to choose. Outrage is creature kill. Maybe I can slip into red/green? Chandra's outrage here.

P1p3 Still, nothing quite special but that rampant growth would very much help with the double red and green. This could backfire but time to take a stand, the growth it is.

P1p4 Oooo, this could very well open up for me. Incinerate is obviously the pick. Passing some good black and blue but I see the lurking crocodile also passing.

P1p5 Would like to get some quality creatures but arachnus web is fine for me now

P1p6 time to take some creatures and garruk's is fine here

P1p7 Hmmm, tough choice, basilisk is good but so is the arsonist. Even the giant I would be happy to take but the other two are just plain better. So do I search for something
on the low end of the spectrum or at the high end? Green has more fatties at the top end and I like targeted damage so it's the arsonist for me now.

P1p8 That's the second time I get rewarded for a choice, nice big 5/6 fatty and Im picking up the gorger.

P1p9 Lava axe

P1p10 Autumn's veil , for the sideboard

P1p11 Buried rune , in case some nice artifacts come wandering by

P1p12 firebreathing

P1p13 Bountiful Harvest

P1p14 Taste of blood

P1p15 Forest

Ok, so I am happy to be in green/red. I have a few good removal spells, but really do need some more creatures. Also, mana development would be good so let's keep eyes open for rampant growth, llanowar elves and serious good creatures

P2p1 ooooooooooookay, that's a lot of power in one pack. I know doom blade is regarded as THE best card in M12 but if I can keep out of splashing a third color I will. There is enough suitable other material here for me to choose from so I decide
not to take the doom blade. Goblin grenade combo's well with the arsonist but I dont have enough goblins so I skip that one too. I like the titanic growth but I dont have enough creatures yet. In the end, the absolute power of the dragon is too much
to pass up so I decide to take Furyborn Hellkite

P2p2 good lord, that's a lot of power again in colors I am not playing. However, the slime is still very good so I take it.

P2p3 This is getting ridiculous, so much black and white power , three packs in a row. However, I find it too late to switch and the scout is good early game. Scout here.

P2p4 Lightning elemental

P2p5 reclaim is good with incinerate, rampant growth, outrage or any good card that gets sent to the graveyard.

P2p6 If I had some more elves I would take the archdruid but I only have one atm so it's the deathtouch basilisk here. Getting top heavy atm, would really like some more rampant growth or llanowar elves

P2p7 Weak pack, goblin tunneler

P2p8 plummet to help against pesky flyers

P2p9 O yeah baby, come to daddy. Rampant growth here. Too bad I cant take the growth along too :O

P2p10 hating disentomb

P2p11 repeat last sentence

P2p12 Manabarbs

P2p13 Pride guardian

P2p14 Stave off

P2p15 Mountain

Hmmmmm, that hurt to pass up onyx ring, pacifism and doom blade after each other but some good additions. I could probably do with some midrange power.

P3p1 Oooookay, I would seriously like half this pack please. Three rampant growth is sweet in my deck but the choice here I think is between web and mage. I could still very much do with some more creatures and midrange power, the jade mage helps in both departments, I take the mage

P3p2 Right, yet more goodies and serious decisions to take. Trollhide is good, act of treason too, but there is also a lavamancer and a mana elf available. I first skip by the treason, then decide to skip the trollhide (I am allready quite mana intensive). So, lavamancer or llanowar elves?
Well, both one mana first drop but I would be happier with the lavamancer if I draw it in the late game, so lavamancer it is.

P3p3 I dont pass up the incinerate here, just too good. Once again so much good stuff I have to pass. Hopefully some of it will come back to me

P3p4 Hopefully fling tables so I can use it with the dragon to end things quickly. The choice is between the arsonist and the fireslinger. Even though I cant ping creatures, tim is good so I take fireslinger (also combo's well with the dragon)

P3p5 Well, seeing another pack that passes serious red/green goodies I feel happy with my choice of staying in red/green. However, I am getting a headache of all the difficult decisions I have to make. Since I have several good first drops I take the berserker.

P3p6 Great , a titanic growth comes my way, I'll take it.

P3p7 With the recent picks I'll be happy to take another scout

P3p8 I can't believe it, a shock this late? Thank you very much, I'll take it.

P3p9 Thank you, another growth, this will seriously help me thin out my land and get to my goodies

P3p10 O yes, the llanowar elves tabled, Ill take it

P3p11 And the arsonist tables too, I'll take it

P3p12 Maybe I even have a nice slot for reverberate, I got quite a few good instants and sorcery's I wouldn't mind copying

P3p13 scout

P3p14 naturalize

P3p15 swamp

To wrap things up, here are my picks
Round 1:
Acidic Slime
Chandra's Outrage
Rampant Growth
Incinerate
Arachnus Web
Garruk's Companion
Goblin Arsonist
Vastwood Gorger
Lava Axe
Autumn's Veil
Buried Ruin
Firebreathing
Bountiful Harvest
Taste of Blood
Forest

Round 2:
Furyborn Hellkite
Acidic Slime
Gladecover Scout
Lightning Elemental
Reclaim
Greater Basilisk
Goblin Tunneler
Plummet
Rampant Growth
Disentomb
Disentomb
Manabarbs
Pride Guardian
Stave Off
Mountain

Round 3:
Jade Mage
Grim Lavamancer
Incinerate
Goblin Fireslinger
Stormblood Berserker
Titanic Growth
Gladecover Scout
Shock
Rampant Growth
Llanowar Elves
Goblin Arsonist
Reverberate
Gladecover Scout
Naturalize
Swamp

Now I am going to try and built a deck out of this.

Creatures
-2x Acidic Slime    3GG
-1x Furyborn Hellkite    4RRR
-1x Jade Mage        1G
-1x Grim Lavamancer    R
-1x Llanowar Elves    G
-1x Garruk's Companion    GG
-2x Goblin Arsonist    R
-1x Gobin Fireslinger    R
-1x Stormblood Berserker1R
-1x Greater Basilisk    3GG

Spells
-1x Chandra's Outrage    2RR
-2x Incinerate        1R
-1x Shock        R
-1x Arachnus Web    2G
-3x Rampant Growth    1G
-1x Reclaim        G
-1x Titanic Growth    1G
-1x Reverberate        RR
-1x Lava Axe        4R

Land
-8 forest
-8 mountain

Got a bit more R casting cost but it's allready 3 for the dragon which is late game. Also , the growths will help me smooth out so 8/8 split here.

I decide to play just 16 land as the llanowar elf and rampant growth are good at letting me get to my mana. If I survive the early game I have
a dragon to end things, a jade mage to pump out hordes of saprolings or even reverberate+lava axe to instantly burn 10 to the face. Quite happy with this but have to take note of some serious power passed in good blue flyers and good black/white creature control I am guessing the difficulty with this deck will be to decide each game if I am the aggro or control deck.

Again, feel free to leave a comment.

Decided to give a few comments because I too have given a walkthrough and find it a shame that all that work gets no feedback. So...

P1

Greater Basilisk I think works better in your deck at this stage than arsonist. You already have two quality removal spells, and a mana accelerator. Plus there's a chance of lure wheeling (it didn't).

I would take naturalize over lava axe, because I don't think this is a race deck.

Late pick stave off. Just grab it. It's a good card.

P2

Oblivion ring over gladecover scout. Because you already have a rampant growth and the O-ring is amazing removal. Also, the scout needs dedicated aura support to work and the best are in white.

Garruk's Companion vs plummet. Tough one. The removal offered by plummet is better in isolation than the companion, but I think you can be confident enough with your other removal that you will be able to cope. By comparison, at this stage, you have very few threats. For that reason I also took Goblin Piker over reclaim.

Late picks - auramancer and divine favour, because I am definitely running white for O-Ring and I might go three colors.

P3

Fling over goblin fireslinger. With big chunky creatures, this ends games. Plus with open you have an answer to doom blade, mind control etc.

Lure over Gladecover scout. I think you like the scout too much. Besides, I have two basilisks and a titanic growth. Good times.

Picks

Round 1:
Acidic Slime
Chandra's Outrage
Rampant Growth
Incinerate
Arachnus Web
Garruk's Companion
Greater Basilisk
Vastwood Gorger
Naturalize
Autumn's Veil