Jarvy's Tales

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
My group enjoyed hearing more about the rumors and gossip which Jarvy was spouting. Also due to a bit of interesting play, Jarvy (i switched Jarvy from male to female for our adventure group) is now a hanger-on to a dwarf slayer that "saved her life" in the first session and has been saving her life in each session.

So, two of her tales have particular meaning to the group right now, and I'm in need of help including those elements.

Jarvy had a short blurb about a Red Wizard of Thay being killed near or in the cemetary with a note of this being related to Neverwinter Game Day. Unfortunately, I didn't run that event and don't have those materials. Twice a player has shown interest in hearing more about that bit of gossip.

Could some generous forum posters fill me in on the events of Neverwinter Game Day through PM or this thread?

Also, Jarvy said something about a Harper Agent having been wounded and some infighting among Harpers. As we have a character which chose that theme, he is deeply interested in hearing more about that and tracking down other agents in the city. This did not have a note about it being related to Neverwinter Game Day, so I'm not sure if this has a backstory or it is just a touch of flavor.

Could the author of this adventuer give me a bit of insight on how to better include the Harpers and maybe what backstory there is to that tidbit of gossip from Jarvy?

I've already seen ahead in the Encounters adventure that the Harper's theme gets additional tidbits of information, so if there isn't anything further about that hook, I understand. I'm just checking if there is somehting not included in the published adventuer that gives additional info.

I have a player with a wild elf that wants the Devil's Pawn theme. I don't mind that, but it looks like it doesn't have any tie-ins to this adventure. I assume that as long as no one finds out about the diabolic symbol branded in his skin that it will have little effect on the perception of others toward him. Or is there more I should be aware of in including the Devil's Pawn theme?         
The writeup from our gaming group for Game Day is here. Sometimes we add more flavor to our adventure logs (the maniacs and dargon arrival provoked much commentary!) and sometimes, we just provide a quick description of events.
My group enjoyed hearing more about the rumors and gossip which Jarvy was spouting. Also due to a bit of interesting play, Jarvy (i switched Jarvy from male to female for our adventure group) is now a hanger-on to a dwarf slayer that "saved her life" in the first session and has been saving her life in each session.

Good on you for bringing this NPC to life! Make sure you work out what to do about her in session 13, where she reappears in the adventure as written.

So, two of her tales have particular meaning to the group right now, and I'm in need of help including those elements.
Jarvy had a short blurb about a Red Wizard of Thay being killed near or in the cemetary with a note of this being related to Neverwinter Game Day. Unfortunately, I didn't run that event and don't have those materials. Twice a player has shown interest in hearing more about that bit of gossip.

Mortaine's log mostly answers this:
Show
a Thayan wizard called Tolivast stole the Crown of Neverwinter from its bearer (Seldra) and took it back to the NW graveyard, where he worked dark magic upon it (a curse, actually). The PCs tracked him there and put him down, and Seldra disappeared with the Crown. PCs in this season who encounter her again (see session 4 and up) may have questions for her, but generally go with what's printed in the book and you should be fine.)

Also, Jarvy said something about a Harper Agent having been wounded and some infighting among Harpers. As we have a character which chose that theme, he is deeply interested in hearing more about that and tracking down other agents in the city. This did not have a note about it being related to Neverwinter Game Day, so I'm not sure if this has a backstory or it is just a touch of flavor.

It's the background for the Harper Agent theme, which is also available at Mortaine's Obsidian Portal log. Check out the NWCS, or generally just note that:
Show
the Harper Agent was implicated in the death of his/her superior, Cymril, who was also the organizing force behind the Sons of Alagondar. This may become relevant as the season progresses.

I have a player with a wild elf that wants the Devil's Pawn theme. I don't mind that, but it looks like it doesn't have any tie-ins to this adventure. I assume that as long as no one finds out about the diabolic symbol branded in his skin that it will have little effect on the perception of others toward him. Or is there more I should be aware of in including the Devil's Pawn theme?         

There is a minor tie-in when the heroes get to Blacklake, but
Show
the Ashmadai don't appear in the Encounters season--unless of course you want them to show up. If he shows off his brand, intentionally or accidentally, then it might stir up some uneasiness on the part of the people around him.

Cheers
This is fantastic. it will give me what I need to work with to fully engage the group.