08/25/2011 TD: "Unusual Choices and the National Championships"

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Top Decks article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Sooooooo glad to see something other than Cawblade/Valakut/Tempered Steel win. Standard could use this change of pace
man im loving this meta right now,

i think people hate on cawblade too much, but its not overpowered or aything like that anymore, just a really good skillful deck

glad to see garruk making a splash in that green blue agro control, cool
Who's the woman in the "Magic Weekend" promo?
Two other things about Fauna Shaman in Daniel Royde's build: first, it can get rid of unwanted Eldrazi from your opening hand, which will just shuffle back in where you want them to be. Second, it can fetch whichever of accelerators or Eldrazi you need in exchange for the other. (I know these things are obvious, but they seem at least as important as the tutoring for bullets aspect.)

Also, regarding Artisan, as well as the easier hardcast relative to Butcher there's the fact that you can often return a Primeval Titan, which in this deck is a lot like drawing three (and will sometimes be better).
with the meta right now u never know what deck can take the top spot this was nice plz tell me if the meta was ever like this before
 look at the long list it is like 6 different decks and to think that before jmts and sfm we only saw variants of 1 deck and with splinter twin was a dream combo valucute(yes i hate it) sees play and i play a deck that changes from caw blade to a puresteel deck now we need modern  to be that nice and magic can be healthy i think the makers have seen the light people are probliy buying more pack to find what is good than buying cards from stores i know singles have been down but packs are up with every one looking for the next affinty cawblade power deck a good timmy or a happy johnney can try out the cards that we like i love seeing skinshifter i got my 4 the first night i just love the dude i have a casual deck that plays him and doran people tell me that it is un fair to have any 8/8 dude on turn 4 i just say wait next turn when rafiq comes to play lol

That's Liliana Vess as she will appear in Innistrad.
Can someone tell me why phantasmal image Over phyrexian metamorph in the cawblade sure its one more mana and two life but it doesnt die to teetering peaks
Can someone tell me why phantasmal image Over phyrexian metamorph in the cawblade sure its one more mana and two life but it doesnt die to teetering peaks

Mainly because Phantasmal Image can be returned with Sun Titan, I believe.
Guess so...
Everything sounds like a crap shoot.  I just don't know what to play. I abandonned u/w. I find it too slow. the format sped up a bit.

Oh my friggin' goodness...I love Vess.  (I love to 'search' and I love to do it more than once.)

Thanks for the info.  (By the way, Wizards, I know ZERO fans of Sorin...)

Oh my friggin' goodness...I love Vess.  (I love to 'search' and I love to do it more than once.)

Hello. I'm a fan of Sorin.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)
can someone tell me the point of primeval titan in the turn-4 titan build? it doesn't have valakut or anything, and once you can cast it you're at the top of your curve. does it just go for raging ravines and tectonic edges? it just seems like more inferno titans would be better.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

Hello. I'm a fan of Sorin.

M&M's commercial:  *GASP*  He does exist!

No disrespect.  Glad someone liked him.