More Traps & Hazards for Your Post-Apocalyptic, Radioactive, Mutated World!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello all!  Some of you may have seen my first try at omega tech and an origin for Gamma World use.  Some of you even liked them!  As I said on that thread, I decided to work on traps next since, of all the things I wasnted to do, it would be most immediately useful to my campaign.  Not to mention the fact that of 3 products there are 3 traps/hazards or so.  The link below is to 4shared.com where you can download a PDF of my first three.  One of these is essentially a reskin of the Doomspore.  The major difference?  It's more powerful despite being the same level (Gamma World is dangerous!).  Another is an adaptation from d20 Modern: Future which completely fits with Gamma World.  Finally I have one slighty complex but hopefully fun trap that takes inspiration from many different traps mechanically.  Let me know what you think and give me imput for improvement and as I work on some more I will update these!

www.4shared.com/document/VeiWqtpP/Traps_...
Very nice indeed. I would love to see more traps and origins as well.
Thanks for posting this. Always hunting for more ideas, etc. Smile

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

When a character is harmed by a trap or hazard, I suggest assigning him a penalty or condition that lasts until the end of the next encounter, or until the character takes an extended rest.

During a short rest, a successful Science check of moderate or hard DC (based on the level of the trap) could help the character by alleviating the penalty.

I did something like this, but had monsters be the "trap".  The situation was a battle without a mat or real initiatives (thus being more about roleplaying than combat) with an endless string of minions that they had to figure out how to escape/disable them rather than just smashing them in the face repeatedly.  this was during a halloween inspired adventure, and so if they were "hit" at some point they lost 3 hp as a part of their soul energy was clawed from their bodies.  The affect was cumulative until after the next large fight and worked really well both thematically and mechanically!