Is there a Psionic Striker currently in 4e?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey all,

This is more a post of curiousity, as I'm surprised that Soulblade or something from 3.5e hasn't made a more visible appearence.

Is there currently a Psionic striker role in the game, either via sourcebook or DDI update or something, or a way to play a Battlemind/Ardent/Psion in a way that they become one?
Hey all,

This is more a post of curiousity, as I'm surprised that Soulblade or something from 3.5e hasn't made a more visible appearence.

Is there currently a Psionic striker role in the game, either via sourcebook or DDI update or something, or a way to play a Battlemind/Ardent/Psion in a way that they become one?

The Monk is the Psionic Striker.

If what you are asking is if there is a Striker that uses the Power Point mechanic, then the answer is no. There is certainly room for one, just as there is room for a Defender that makes use of the Full Discipline mechanic. I'd like to see one of each before 4E is done (may that still be years away).

There are quite a few ways to get more oomph out of Psychic damage, so Psion might be the easiest of the three Power Point classes to maximize a secondary Striker role.

There is the Wilder theme that can add limited crit fishing and goes well with a Psion flavor.

AD&D is powergaming – powergaming for the DM. And back then, DM stood for "Dire Munchkin."

I suppose people are entitled to their uninformed opinions; I just don’t see the point when that opinion won’t be respected. Proper research can be the difference in appearing a fool vs. a respectable dissident. 

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/3.jpg)

A quick browse through the homebrew forum will get you several well-made options for a Soulknife, actually.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
It depends what you mean by a striker, but I have seen psions put out some quite serious damage, on a par with a blaster wizard.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Brutal Barrage Battlemind that crit-fishes can do quite well, even after the free action nerf.

But yea, Monk.
Battlemind can be Strikerish and the Monk is the default Psionic Striker, but the flavor of making a blade has been passed to the Hexblade, a Warlock-melee Arcane Striker.  Of course, it's not hard to just basically refluff the powers.