Will season 7 of D&D Encounters be set in Neverwinter?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm trying to figure out if it is worth my time and money to get the Neverwinter campaign book.  My only D&D play (at this point in my life) is Encounters.  Does anyone know if the next season of Encounters (season 7) will be set in Neverwinter?
I'm trying to figure out if it is worth my time and money to get the Neverwinter campaign book.  My only D&D play (at this point in my life) is Encounters.  Does anyone know if the next season of Encounters (season 7) will be set in Neverwinter?

It will likely be set to use the Feywikld book that comes out around that time.
Hmmmm.  After watching this video I was thinking that Neverwinter would continue to be D&D's marketing push through the end of the year.  So I'm hoping that next season will be based in Neverwinter as well.  I think a certain amount of content/theme continuity is good.
During the forthcoming releases seminar at Gen Con they said that Season 7 would be based around the Heroes of the Feywild supplement, and insinuated (to my ears at least) that it would be set mostly in that plane. 
From everything I've read about the next season it will be set in the Fey Wildes

Season 7 is definitely set in the Feywild and based upon the classic TSR UK mod Beyond the Crystal Cave.

In keeping with D&D Encounters (DDE) being Essentials+, the three books that will be legal are: Heroes of the [Adjective] [Noun] and Heroes of the Feywild.

If your store is allowing material beyond Essentials+ then I think the Neverwinter campaign is a good investment for players without a DDI account (Bladesinger class and four Warpriest domains). If you have DDI, then the fluff is not really that useful in the next season.

You base assumption for DDE should be that any new material will be released in sync with the start of a new season of DDE. Material beyond the two essentials player's guides are for one season only (unless your store opens the door to non-Essentials+ material).

I hope this helps,

Bryan Blumklotz
AKA Saracenus
DDE WPN Coordinator @ Guardian Games
Gold_Piece, Neverwinter is a very well made setting book, but it won't likely be used in the next couple of Encounters. However, you can take this season, the campaign guide, and the DDI content and you have a pretty awesome heroic tier campaign. That's assuming some of your Encounters players would want a home campaign (several of our Encounters judges have started up home campaigns with their players in addition to still playing Encounters).

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Sign In to post comments