Creature Token

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello people! My question is, if I bring in a card and somewhere on the card it says ability bring in a 2/2 golem creature token.......are these creature tokens part of your original 60 card main hand deck?Or are they extra cards? Thank YouCool
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.
A token is a permanent, usually a creature, that is not represented by a card. It has no characteristics other than those defined by the effect which created them. Tokens are NOT cards, and are not affected by effects which say "cards," and if a token leaves the battlefield for any reason, it ceases to exist immediately.

Standard Answer to all 5E rules questions: "Ask your DM."

Tokens are not cards. They're not part of your library.

When you cast Blade Splicer it creates a 3/3 artifact creature - golem token named Golem. You can represent this with anything you want - a piece of paper, a die, a coin, or one of the golem tokens that comes in booster packs of SoM or NP packs.
All Generalizations are Bad
Hello Eviltwins,

Tokens are special objects created within the game. THey aren't creature cards, they can be represented by anything from coins to beads.

ALot of people mistake tokens for actual magic cards because booster packs often contain token cards. These are just for ease of use, and you don't need them to use a token producing card.

If you do happen to have the right token card, keep them off to the side so players don't get confused whether they are on the battlefeild or not.

Hope that helps.
… and then, the squirrels came.
Very Helpful! Thank You all! Laughing
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.
A token is a permanent, usually a creature, that is not represented by a card. It has no characteristics other than those defined by the effect which created them. Tokens are NOT cards, and are not affected by effects which say "cards," and if a token leaves the battlefield for any reason, it ceases to exist immediately.

I was told that if a token creature dies, it goes to the graveyard long enough to trigger any graveyard-related abilities, meaning it doesn't cease to exist immediately.  Is this true?

I was told that if a token creature dies, it goes to the graveyard long enough to trigger any graveyard-related abilities, meaning it doesn't cease to exist immediately.  Is this true?

Yes, creature tokens go to the graveyard when they die just like all creatures normally do. They will cease to exist shortly after arriving there, but they do go long enough to tirgger things like Hissing Iguanar
Level 1 Judge. Feel free to call me out on any errors. I'm only human, and am working to improve.

It's true that a token going to a zone triggers any abilities that watch for permanents going to that zone, but it doesn't have to be there any length of time for that to happen. The token disappears the next time state-based actions are checked, which is as close to "immediately" as Magic gets without becoming "simultaneously."

Standard Answer to all 5E rules questions: "Ask your DM."

I was told that if a token creature dies, it goes to the graveyard long enough to trigger any graveyard-related abilities...

well, not all graveyard-related abilities

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Taking offers on my set of unopened limited edition full art judge foil basic lands, message me if interested.