Spellskite Question

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello all!

Can you change Go for the Throat to Spellskite if it was targeting another creature? Since Spellskite is an artifact will it just fizzle or is it not allowed?

Thanks,
Mark
Hello all!

Can you change Go for the Throat to Spellskite if it was targeting another creature? Since Spellskite is an artifact will it just fizzle or is it not allowed?

Thanks,
Mark

When changing targets the new target must be legal. Since Spellskite is an artifact creature, Go For The Throat cannot be changed to target it. You can however activate spellskite's ability, targetting GFTT, but as I said you won't be able to change the target when spellskite's ability resolves.
Level 1 Judge. Feel free to call me out on any errors. I'm only human, and am working to improve.
Can you Spellskite's ability change Go for the Throat to Spellskite if it was targeting another creature?

no, the ability can be legally activated, but the ability will be unable to change the target
Since Spellskite is an artifact will it just fizzle or is it not allowed?

neither, the ability can be activated, but it won't do anything, GftT will still resolve targeting the original targeted creature

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out