4 Godless Shrine
4 Overgrown tomb

Sideboard
3 Pithing Needle
3 Thoughtseize
2 Infest
3 Oblivion Ring
4 surgical extraction

edit: I think maybe confidant should be Phyrexian Arena Better synergy with smallpox and deathcloud. Also is it worth splashing a 4th color for bigger EE or do you think 3CC is sufficient to hit for most of the format, I think the land base could easily support it (say maybe a creeping tar pit or something for a basic swamp and a 2/2 split between godless shrines and watery graves)? Also I originally had Path to exile main deck instead of [/c]go for the throat[/c] but it ran counter to the whole land denial theme, omiting it makes white basically a non player in the maindeck - thoughts?

You don't have Perncious Deed in the format, but you do have Crime // Punishment. Its tech that no one uses. You should use it.
Photobucket
To be honest I don't know if crime//punishment is all that worthwhile, engineered explosives seems more flexible I think I could use another board sweeper something like damnation or consume the meek, to be honest I don't really know if I can keep 1 for 1'ing a deck like zoo with removal spells and survive for long enough to raven's crime away their hand. Even something like martial coup or phyrexian rebirth could be worth a look I'll have to do some testing.

One other card I think is worth testing is Glissa, the traitor for recuring EE, might even be worth running Executioner's capsule then.
Why run half a deathcloud deck? You could add in Garruk 1s and more clouds and simply play deathcloud. They probably can't come back from a huge deathcloud on turn 4 when you have garruk out and they have nothing. With your maelstrom pulses to take out their elspeths or other pesky walkers that lived, you probably win the game then and there.
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

bloodghast seems like it belongs here...

I thought about building a rock/deathcloud type deck but seems like it is to slow in this format so I've incorporateed it into more of a control shell. Similar idea behind the two decks but rather then accelerating into a fast death cloud this deck uses it as a finisher.

Bloodghast to me is more of an aggro card (can't block) and a 2/1 beater isn't really worth the slots in the deck, even e-wit I'm thinking of cutting for glissa. Worm harvest is a decent finisher on its own.