(Someone had to post it first) Modern Slivers

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I was trying to think of a way to counter-act a Zoo deck, and I thought originally about a white weenie deck, but decided to scrap the idea after realizing that no one has posted up (at least that I could see) a modern Slivers list.  So I decided to look up what we have to play with and went to town.

One of the things I don't like about most sliver decks is the unrealiability of the mana base.  I figured by going down to only 2 colors I could fix that problem.  I had other colors in mind as well (R/W with Balefire Liege seems like a really good idea too) but I was wondering what you all thought about this idea in general.
Or you can bling out the mana base with ancient zigg + reflecting pool, and add a third color (black most likely for necrotic sliver and plague sliver).

I really don't like the high mana cost of the deck. I would try to cut it down to cap out at 4cmc, and possibly use Proclamation of rebirth in the sideboard. Also, I think there are much scarier sliver options than pulmonic and essence slivers.

Photobucket
I'd run it like a Merfolk deck. UGW w/ Aether Vial.
Photobucket
I would remove asceticism and true conviction and overwhelming stampeed. They are win-more cards. Have you considered Path to Exile?
I second aether vial. Also, and I might get shot down for this, but adaptive automaton would probably be a nice near the top of your curve. He gives your dudes damage and, being a sliver himself, becomes strong.

Also, look into the changelings from Lorwyn. Chamelleon Colossus could get very stupid in a hand that plays out, say, might sliver -> adaptive auto -> Colossus. That also assumes that the colossus gets to actually swing in though. If you have a turn one virulent sliver down and the Colossus connects in the above senario (unlikely as it may be) you win.

Telekenetic Sliver is nice for against 12 post though it will only buy you a turn of their two free turns but it will stop Primeval from doing more than his citp.

Mirror entity is fun with slivers. Most slivers are tiny. Being able to make your army of slivers a base 4 or 5 or 6 before their own pump abilities are factored is pretty sweet.

edit: As for inconsistent mana, that problem is easily remidied by the almighty dollar. Drop some money on misty rainforests, hallowed fountains, breeding pools and temple gardens and your mana problems vanish.
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.
SLIVERS!!!

x4 Virulent Sliver
x4 Gemhide Sliver
x4 Shadow Sliver
x4 Two-headed Sliver
x4 Sinew Sliver
x4 Necrotic Sliver
x4 Sedge Sliver
x4 Sidewinder Sliver
x4 Mirror Entity
x3 Harmonize
x4 Ancient Ziggurat
x17 Appropriate fetch's and shocklands    

Don't think it will win but dammit is it are slivers fun. This is basically a deck that only need an opponent as an object to attack. It interacts in no way with the deck it's playing against accept with Necro Sliver.....       
Hmm, I had not seen Mirror Entity before.  I think that will be a great inclusion.  Although I agree that True Conviction is a win-more card, I don't agree that Overwhelming Stampeed is.  OS is a win-now card.  That is a card I am using hopefully turn 5 in order to win the game that turn.  Telekinetic Sliver is nice, and I was already considering bant colors for Shadow Sliver as a win-now card as well.

Also I understand that the solution to inconsistant mana is just throw more money at it, but I really hate throwing $100 or more for the mana base of a deck that will unlikely see anything beyond a FNM.
w00t hit my 1000th post on 4/25/2010
Show
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

56859838 wrote:
Well obviously goblins breed at a rate of millions of times per year, thus in a few years they had evolved into a new species... you know or....
Show
63344365 wrote:
Your asking for proof that the ocean is wet, while your standing on the beach.
56733088 wrote:
Are these rankings all anonymus? Can I go rank everybody I think is mafia with 1 star?
•Collecting a complete foil set of Zendikar block both on Magic Online and in paper Magic does not entitle you to one (1) free Richard Garfield. Because that would be slavery, and slavery is bad.
slayer of fluffy, and single handedly annoyed half of the flavor/storyline group in one fell swoop[/sblock]
Too bad Glimpse and Vision is banned.

If you want to play Combo Slivers, Intruder Alarm and Green Sun's Zenith seem like the port of call there. 
Photobucket
Too bad Glimpse and Vision is banned.

If you want to play Combo Slivers, Intruder Alarm and Green Sun's Zenith seem like the port of call there. 

forgot about that....
anyways you are right, and i forgot intruder alarm was remade in 8th edition so i would agree with this then.
w00t hit my 1000th post on 4/25/2010
Show
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

56859838 wrote:
Well obviously goblins breed at a rate of millions of times per year, thus in a few years they had evolved into a new species... you know or....
Show
63344365 wrote:
Your asking for proof that the ocean is wet, while your standing on the beach.
56733088 wrote:
Are these rankings all anonymus? Can I go rank everybody I think is mafia with 1 star?
•Collecting a complete foil set of Zendikar block both on Magic Online and in paper Magic does not entitle you to one (1) free Richard Garfield. Because that would be slavery, and slavery is bad.
slayer of fluffy, and single handedly annoyed half of the flavor/storyline group in one fell swoop[/sblock]
Thinking that doman slivers with tribal fire would be the best call.

(at)MrEnglish22

Sign In to post comments