Need help with an issue with the dm

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
I need help deciding on how to do to deal with a dm. I'll have a list at the end if you don't want to read the story.

He "doesn't like to kill PCs" so he invoked a rule where if you would like after you died you could come back some how but things will happen to you. So everyone has died at least once now and turns out usually he gave out debuffs for it, however he gave one person who has died 3 times now (on seperate characters) buffs twice when he died and one of his characters even got his own story. I was really annoyed by it but decided whatever i enjoy playing with my friends. However the most recent session bothered me i had not died until then but during one encounter he pretty much had it out for me. I was focused by most the enemies and had save ends effects i was not informed of until they affect me and since i was not moving around much i had no idea i was immobilized until i tried to move and he told me i couldn't. Being immobilized apparently doubled the damage i took from 4 auras in the room. Long story short i ended up dead after the fight due to some mistakes from the team of pushing me further into the room that did cold damage when you were in it instead of out of the room and some personal issues with past events in the campaign (lack of caring to save my effects while i was unconscious). To clarify i am playing a warforged inspiring warlord so i am extremely durable usually. However i was healing everyone else this encounter despite the fact we have more leaders in the pary. But i was revived after getting to my negative bloody value and being drug out of the room and got debuffed like you're supposed to when you die. I didn't really have a problem with getting the debuff that is normal however the DM seemed happier when i died. Plus things were said during the combat and immediately after that annoyed me greatly. The dm during combat said "why are you guys having an issue this is a lower level encounter". I could of answered that one, despite the fact i am one of 3 leaders i am the only one that heals unless i explicitly say "i have no more heals" so my death means the healing department comes up short and we dont have anyone that puts out high consistant damage plus 3 of the aura enemies were bloodied before one was killed despite me trying to get some focus fire. The other thing that was that one of the other leaders had the audacity to talk to the dm about how he wasn't getting healed (mind you he did not die that encounter) and the dm was agreeing with him and seemed like he was blaming me for this mess.

Anyways i'll give a little more but feel like thats a long story and don't want to give another one so i'll condense it some.

1. One character is buffed when he dies others punished.
2. Blatantly focussing me and one of my closer friends that are working together in combat while everyone else does whatever.
3. Says "... and just because i can" during combat alot which makes me suspicious.
4. If i say i do something and it would benefit him that i did not i don't get to do it. i tried to tie someone up but did not have rope so my friend said i could have his however i apparently did not tie him up.
5. Does not take anything back when it is againsts the rules and brought up shortly if not immediately after examples include theft by a npc in combat that did not take the -10 the the role and even stole an item that was currently equiped as a necklace immediately after combat ended he expressed how the npc rolled a good theivery check to take it to which i replied "even with the minus ten for being in combat?" to which i got a blank stare and the answer of "i don't know" however he also had things teleport that had to be adjacent to certain objects to teleport while they were adjacent to nothing that allowed them to (essentially and assassin using his shadow step power without being next to a creature) when he read how they teleported and we brought up the fact they couldn't of he said "oh well"
6. another double standard is if we roll a natural one on an attack that rolls multiple times we have to stop he gets to finish the attack and only the natural one auto-misses

Thats all the good examples i can think of now and i would like some advice on where to go from here. I like the game and would prefer to continue playing however lately i have not been enjoying or wanting to go to our sessions but i can't think of anywhere else to play dnd. I have a couple of ideas of what to do not ordered specifically in any way
1. tell him about all this and see if he changes. 
2. trivialize his encounters by bringing in a strong pc since he is used to no strikers and almost paragon PC's with less than a plus 10 to hit (don't worry i have a plus 15)
3. just quit which would cause a chain and essentially the sessions would become a one on one with the dm and his favorite 

any advice would be appreciated like stories about issues with this or just other ideas that aren't so extreme
Option #3.

#1 and #2 aren't likely to achieve anything with someone like that.
Option #1 could work if you worked on reducing the essay above into a couple of direct and simple-to-understand points about what you dislike.

Worth working on what you do like about the game. First for your own benefit - what's your motivation to play, and what counts as a great game without the annoyances - are you angry about small things, whilst over-all the game is great? Second, because if you just list complaints you may be dismissed as a whiner.

It's OK in many games for the DM to play loose with the rules, if there's a goal such as telling a great tale, or entertaining everyone at the table. Unfortunately in my experience I often find those more noble reasons to be second or third to simply taking control of the game, leaving less room for players.

Personally, I would offer to DM at next opportunity, and just try to do the bits you find annoying in a better way. Including not picking on the current DM's character in any kind of tit-for-tat reprisal.
erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bringing an overpowered character to the table in an attempt to get back at the DM is immature, disruptive to the other players, and unlikely to succeed. Don't do it. 

First I would talk to him about his DM style and his house rules in a calm and concise manner. I wouldn't expect much to come of this. In my experience DMs with a poor grasp of the rules and who play favorites don't take well to being told they could do a better job. 

If he won't change his DM style you need to decide if the fun you get from the game is greater than the frustration you get while playing. If you aren't having fun don't be disruptive or blow up just quit. 

Yes, whatever you do, don't ragequit.  Bring up your points in a concise and polite manner OUTSIDE of the game.  Then give him a chance to change.  If he doesn't, be prepared to deal with it or bow out politely.  If other players feel the same as you, you then have some people YOU can DM for.

Sounds like a lot of characters getting killed for a DM who doesn't like to kill PCs.  I don't like to kill PCs either, so I make my challenge to make the combats as challenging as possible without killing anyone.  That takes much more skill and imagination than just killing them - anyone can do that.

And I agree that there are a lot of double standards going on here.  Not fair and ultimately, not fun, which is the real problem.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

Talk to him about what you have seen first.  Do it in a calm manner, and try to not insult him.  Say stuff like "I feel X is unfair."
"I don't understand why the rules get thrown out so much when it is beneficial to our enemies, but not to us."

Stuff like that. 
Salla, on minions: I typically use them as encounter filler. 'I didn't quite fill out the XP budget, not enough room left for a decent near-level monster ... sprinkle in a few minions'. Kind of like monster styrofoam packing peanuts.

• 1. One character is buffed when he dies others punished.

Bring this up with the other Players to the DM. If they feel the same way there should be enough people backing you. If your lucky maybe the guy he's buffing will say something about not wanting any favoritism, if your lucky.

• 2. Blatantly focussing me and one of my closer friends that are working together in combat while everyone else does whatever.

Maybe talk to the DM and/or the other players, sounds like you have a really bad group when it comes to helping each other out.

• 3. Says "... and just because i can" during combat alot which makes me suspicious.

Damn DM speak. This is more on his game style than anything.

• 4. If i say i do something and it would benefit him that i did not, i don't get to do it. i tried to tie someone up but did not have rope so my friend said i could have his however i apparently did not tie him up.

That is major stonewalling right there, if another player helps you out when you can't do something it should work. Talk to him about it and come up with a list of examples in case he doesn't believe you.

• 5. Does not take anything back when it is againsts the rules and brought up shortly if not immediately after examples include theft by a npc in combat that did not take the -10 the the role and even stole an item that was currently equiped as a necklace immediately after combat ended he expressed how the npc rolled a good theivery check to take it to which i replied "even with the minus ten for being in combat?" to which i got a blank stare and the answer of "i don't know" however he also had things teleport that had to be adjacent to certain objects to teleport while they were adjacent to nothing that allowed them to (essentially and assassin using his shadow step power without being next to a creature) when he read how they teleported and we brought up the fact they couldn't of he said "oh well"

First one I understand, he wants cinimatic storytelling where the necklace he steals is part of the story, and thats where he wants to go with the story. Unless the necklace is just an OP item or something he wants to get rid of. The teleport issue is another sign of favoritism. Since the Assassin doesn't seem to care about using the power correctly try talking to him.

6. another double standard is if we roll a natural one on an attack that rolls multiple times we have to stop, he gets to finish the attack and only the natural one auto-misses.

This I'm having trouble understanding, but if he is using different rules for the players versus the enemies, that aren't dictated in the rules, you should bring this up as well. Fumble tables are some of the worst mechanics in homebrew campaigns, to the point where you could be without a weapon.
Ant Farm
thanks for the replies and to clarify i like dnd for the roleplaying aspect of it(so i thought of bringing in a striker and a leader to buff him to end combat quicker) and yes i did talk to the other players about this to make sure i wasn't crazy and waited for a couple of days before i posted this. and the necklace was just a bag of my stuff i had tied around my neck no magic at all.

Option 1- Will work or not work. If it works great. If not, its probably best to leave. It sounds like the DM doesn't actually like you.

Option 2 - Is petty and childish. You will escalate the issue.

Option 3 - See Option 1.

You can probably extrapolate my suggested course of action from this.

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"                               " As usual, Krusk comments with assuredness, but lacks the clarity and awareness of what he's talking about"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"        "Wow, thank you very much"

"Your advice is the worst"                                                  "I'd recommend no one listed to Krusk's opinions about what games to play"

You are one of three leaders? How many people are in your party? Either your party is freakin huge or you seriously need some class diversity.

From your description, this party, as well as the DM, sounds all kinds of messed up.

Having PCs die so often that you actually have special rules do govern these events is troubling as well. You shouldn't be dying so often that you notice trends and patterns.

The fact that your DM didnt step in when your party came up with 3 leaders is also troubling.

If I thought that things were worth saving, I would suggest letting your character die and come up with a new one that would help balance the party out instead of resurecting your old character with a handicap on top of being redundant. Perhaps if you weren't there to heal the other healers, they would have to step up themselves.

Just to clear things up, what is the current lineup of your party, as far as class?

I'll second Orin's question, just because I think the answer could be interesting:  what is the current party line-up, if there are no strikers and three leaders?

In any event, I'm with most of the folks above:  have a civilized, out-of-character chat first with a couple of the more reasonable and balanced players, and then with the DM, explaining what you like about his game, along with your concerns.  You'll be talking to the other players not to convert them to your cause or to start trouble, but instead just to make sure you aren't blowing things out of proportion, and, if other players do agree that somethign is wrong, you also have a little extra weight to add to your side of the argument. 

If the DM does not wish to make any changes to accomodate you (and that is his right), it's best if you politely leave the group on good terms with everyone, including the DM:  I strongly recommend that you take the high road, and stay out of any drama, arguments, and demonstrations.

I don't recommend your option #2, of introducing a munchkin or otherwise unexpectedly powerful character.  Bringing such a character into the game just for the sake of shaking the DM up won't get you very far with a DM who makes rules up "just because he can":  these sorts of DMs tend to make up rules that "nerf" characters or otherwise invent things to nullify players just to show who is in charge.  You might shake him up for a couple sessions at the expense of what little fun anyone else might be having, until he does find a way to put you in your place, which will leave you in the position of trying to shake him up again, until the game degenerates into a battlefield for a war of egos.  You and the DM will likely be secretly having a blast with the drama, but nobody else really wants to see it.

I don't really agree with the fellow above who recommended buying a DMG and using it to stop the game and tell the DM how he's wrong, every time he makes something up.  The obvious response from the DM is that his word is final, and he is free to make up house rules where he thinks they are needed, and nobody likes a pushy, know-it-all "rules lawyer".  It's not a bad idea to leave the group, buy a DMG, and start your own group, though - who knows, maybe one or two of the players you are gaming with now would be interested in joining your group if you run a more fair and balanced game than the other guy, and left on good terms looking like the more reasonable side of the argument.
[spoiler New DM Tips]
  • Trying to solve out-of-game problems (like cheating, bad attitudes, or poor sportsmanship) with in-game solutions will almost always result in failure, and will probably make matters worse.
  • Gun Safety Rule #5: Never point the gun at anything you don't intend to destroy. (Never introduce a character, PC, NPC, Villain, or fate of the world into even the possibility of a deadly combat or other dangerous situation, unless you are prepared to destroy it instantly and completely forever.)
  • Know your group's character sheets, and check them over carefully. You don't want surprises, but, more importantly, they are a gold mine of ideas!
  • "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." It's a problem if the players aren't having fun and it interferes with a DM's ability to run the game effectively; if it's not a problem, 'fixing' at best does little to help, and at worst causes problems that didn't exist before.
  • "Hulk Smash" characters are a bad match for open-ended exploration in crowds of civilians; get them out of civilization where they can break things and kill monsters in peace.
  • Success is not necessarily the same thing as killing an opponent. Failure is not necessarily the same thing as dying.
  • Failure is always an option. And it's a fine option, too, as long as failure is interesting, entertaining, and fun!
[/spoiler] The New DM's Group Horror in RPGs "This is exactly what the Leprechauns want you to believe!" - Merb101 "Broken or not, unbalanced or not, if something seems to be preventing the game from being enjoyable, something has to give: either that thing, or other aspects of the game, or your idea of what's enjoyable." - Centauri
...nobody likes a pushy, know-it-all "rules lawyer".

Everyone should know the rules. The rules define the world. One should learn them to better understand the world in which the characters exist, not as a thorn in the DM's side. That being said, its the DM's responsibility to know the rules as completely as possible and when a player has knowledge that the DM does not, a bit of humility should be exercised, just so the players have some solid ground on which to act. If the players can't trust the DM to play fair, trust is lost and the game is pretty much over.

Of course, the DM can chose to circumvent the rules as he sees fit, but it should be done out of creativity, not ignorance or pride. In this case, the later seems to be true.

Don't get me wrong:  I love it when people know and understand the rules, even if they think they have a better way of doing things. 

And, I don't think all rules-lawyering is bad:  I've been a team leader, a supervisor, and a department head, as well as a forum administrator and moderator, and Lord knows there've been plenty of times where rules, laws, schedules, procedures, and so on have done (or would have done) a world of good.

But I don't like it when someone uses the rules to try to wag the dog, and I've never seen anyone effected by a pushy know-it-all rules-lawyer  that has found it amusing for longer than a few minutes before it gets uncomfortable, awkward, and then annoying.

It sounds like the DM is making arbitrary changes to the rules and inventing house rules that cause more problems than they solve, "just because he can", and not because he understands the rules and sees ways he can do things better, and wants to employ house rules fairly to promote fun and game balance.  That does not produce an environment where the DM and the game can be trusted.  If there's any hope of the DM listening to reason, something should be said about it to him on even ground, in private. But, trying to beat the DM up with the rulebook in front of the group is going to solve nothing, and possibly make things worse, especially if he is as ignorant, proud, and stubborn as he sounds.

My money says the DM is probably not going to be reasonable enough to try to meet the original poster halfway, and so the player will be forced with a choice between just trying to live with it, or joining or starting another group.  I recommend trying to talk to the problem DM just to see if he can be talked into seeing the original poster's side of things and make some changes first, and then trying to start a new group if that doesn't work.  No sense in trying to sit through a game that is being run in a way that'll drive you crazy, and definitely no sense in trying to disrupt the game by throwing the book at the DM every time he does something wrong, when he already seems to resent the rules.

My opinions:  Buying the DMG to understand the rules and actually make an effort to keep the game fun for everyone is good.  Buying the DMG to use as a weapon to beat an incompetent DM with is not so good.
[spoiler New DM Tips]
  • Trying to solve out-of-game problems (like cheating, bad attitudes, or poor sportsmanship) with in-game solutions will almost always result in failure, and will probably make matters worse.
  • Gun Safety Rule #5: Never point the gun at anything you don't intend to destroy. (Never introduce a character, PC, NPC, Villain, or fate of the world into even the possibility of a deadly combat or other dangerous situation, unless you are prepared to destroy it instantly and completely forever.)
  • Know your group's character sheets, and check them over carefully. You don't want surprises, but, more importantly, they are a gold mine of ideas!
  • "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." It's a problem if the players aren't having fun and it interferes with a DM's ability to run the game effectively; if it's not a problem, 'fixing' at best does little to help, and at worst causes problems that didn't exist before.
  • "Hulk Smash" characters are a bad match for open-ended exploration in crowds of civilians; get them out of civilization where they can break things and kill monsters in peace.
  • Success is not necessarily the same thing as killing an opponent. Failure is not necessarily the same thing as dying.
  • Failure is always an option. And it's a fine option, too, as long as failure is interesting, entertaining, and fun!
[/spoiler] The New DM's Group Horror in RPGs "This is exactly what the Leprechauns want you to believe!" - Merb101 "Broken or not, unbalanced or not, if something seems to be preventing the game from being enjoyable, something has to give: either that thing, or other aspects of the game, or your idea of what's enjoyable." - Centauri
I am the OP's friend who agrees with him. There there are 4 players plus our "DM". I am the group defender and I have been given a sorcerer by the dm that cannot hit with plus 9 at level 7, this includes using a magic item. The OP is a warlord, another party member has a card that does a little healing, and that is only when the warlord says that he is out of healing spells. He also has an assassin that is our only real striker, the other, which is the dm's favorite is a Druid/shaman hybrid or something, that never heals, and also has a poor to hit.

The dm has a buy a mercenary type deal to bring in new people. It was used when people wanted to bring in a character to try and then your main had to be rented out to another adventure. We have had only two characters stay on after this. The assassin and the hybrid. And most of us have no gold because we have find no treasure, in fact the dm has set things up so that we lose gold, which may be because the bard made a lot of gold enchanting items.

And with this process of buying our characters, if we die during these encounters that the dm thinks we can handle with our broken party, we would be out of luck. We almost had a party wipe on an easy level 7 encounter with 4 level 8s and 2 level 7s, thanks to the 15 aura damage we received from 3 monsters, or the 30 if we were immobilized, plus the 5 from the very cold air.
Agreed. That was extremely hard to read.

Are you saying that you are playing two characters, a defender (what class?) and a sorcerer character given to you by the DM?

And the Warlord also plays an assassin?

I'm confused.

This is what I think your party looks like:

player 1 (OP): a Warlord (Leader) and an Assassin (Stiker)

player 2: a "Defender" and a Sorcerer (Stiker)

player 3: Druid/Shaman (Controller/Leader)

player 4: Bard (Leader)

For some reason, you lose gold as some sort of penatly for your Bard earning gold and also have a process of "buying" characters with the gold you don't have because you can't seem to find any treasure, despite going on adventures that nearly kill your entire party, because most of your characters are ineffective in combat.

It sounds like your entire party has A.D.D. and has trouble designing effective characters and sticking with them. Meanwhile, DM has come up with a bizarre system to accommodate you, though it seems to be doing more harm than good. In addition, the DM has made a system to resurect dead characters, but at the cost of some sort of debuff that makes them even less effective... all but the 'favorite' character, that got a buff instead.

Burn it. Burn it with fire...or perhaps some very cold air.
Sorry, scratch out my previous post, I wrote it using my Ipod and I could not read it over before i posted it. So let me try this again.

Our Player composition is: Player 1(OP) He is the warlord, and is the only leader that does any healing.

Player 2(Me) I made a fighter to be our defender. Then during one of our sessions, an oppurtunity came up where I could get a free character to play. Our DM made a sorcerer and gave it to me to play during combat situations. Outside of that, the DM would play it, for roleplaying purposes.  But this striker cannot hit with a +9 to attack and damage rolls at level 7.

Player 3 is a bard and an assassin. At first he had only a bard, but the bard suffered severe damage that would of normally killed him. But our DM does not like character deaths. So when we got back to a town he was sent to a doctor for a week. Now he had no character to play, and I do not remember how we came about bringing in the new character, but after the bard was back, the dm let him keep both characters to play.

Player 4 is the hybrid druid/shaman. The favorite. This is his third character, the first ,a barbarian, died because of his own background, something about saving his clan ,that has been scattered around the continent, bu fighting them in a duel to the death, which his lost. His head was cut off and the body burned. He appeared before the god that he worshipped and the god choose to grant him a second life. He was reborn in a random spot without any gear, and he was given one of the powers that divine classes get for worshiping a god. His second one actually died and stayed dead, but the DM asked him if he wanted the character, he did not care, so it died. The third, the hybrid, died and then these 2 evil npcs that we had to follow to get through the underdark, came over and ressurected him and he is now a revanant. There is a timer on his chest, where he has to do something to reset it or get rid of it. He probably just has to do some evil things to keep the timer from ticking down.

But when everyone elses characters die, we jsut get a negative to a stat. My fighter has lost a healing surge, which we need every surge we have because combat takes so long. The sorcerer has lost a hand, a healing surge, and has a -2 to constitution.

On the gold situation, we have no gold, only enough for food and lodging. We cannot purchase any gear like rope or weapons that break due to the Crit fail table. We think this is due to the fact that the bard made alot of gold by enchanting weapons and selling them for a business, giving him about 6000 gold, and the DM thinks that is all the gold we ever need for our whole party.  The gold we do get now is from selling the gear our enemies we have slain.

I hope this makes more sense than my previous one. 
Oh lordy!

How old is this DM?  If under 11 I can understand but only barely. 
Player 2(Me) I made a fighter to be our defender. Then during one of our sessions, an oppurtunity came up where I could get a free character to play. Our DM made a sorcerer and gave it to me to play during combat situations. Outside of that, the DM would play it, for roleplaying purposes.  But this striker cannot hit with a +9 to attack and damage rolls at level 7.

What level ar the threats, because that is in line for a level 7 PC's attacks Vs. a NAD. 
4 base stat, 3 level  +2 item = +9
If he can not hit, try varying the NAD he targets.  
2. trivialize his encounters by bringing in a strong pc since he is used to no strikers and almost paragon PC's with less than a plus 10 to hit (don't worry i have a plus 15)

"Almost paragon" = level 10?

At level 10, the constant attack bonus should be at least:

• 5 for half level

• 2 or 3 for weapon proficiency (for weapon users; implement users usually attack a NAD which will average 2 lower, amounting to the same thing)

• 5 or 6 for stat bonus

• 1 for weapon/implement expertise, for most characters

• 2 or 3 for enhancement bonus

In other words, at level 10 an attack bonus below 15 (against AC, 13 against a NAD) is hard to explain, and an attack bonus of 18 is easy to explain.

Situational modifiers (charging, combat advantage, leader bonuses, etc.) are in addition to that.
"The world does not work the way you have been taught it does. We are not real as such; we exist within The Story. Unfortunately for you, you have inherited a condition from your mother known as Primary Protagonist Syndrome, which means The Story is interested in you. It will find you, and if you are not ready for the narrative strands it will throw at you..." - from Footloose
Soviet:

For a DM "that doesnt like characters to die" I have never heard of so many character's dying. In this case, actions speak much louder than words, unless your characters are just running headlong into acid pits, though from your description, that may not be far from the truth.

And what's this about "We cannot purchase any gear like rope or weapons that break due to the Crit fail table."? Officially, there is no automatic result in rolling a 1 (unlike previous versions). This is often housefulled, but, once again, it appears your DM has made a houserule to make the game even more dreadfully dull. And in 4e, you normally cannot sell mundane equipment, and even when the DM allows it, it sells at 1/5 its normal value.

Next, you are gonna tell me your characters have to take bathroom breaks or suffer damage. Or perhaps they need to carry with them several changes of underware or suffer a charisma penalty!

Seeing your party line-up was bad enough. I would hate to see your equipment list. If he has such a miserly view of gold, I can't imagine his willingness to part with magic items.

Your DM has no idea what he's doing. He has houseruled your game to be a dreary grinding mess.

Burn it. Burn it with fire...or perhaps some very cold air.

fireball, ice bolt or for extra flavor lightning

another option might be switching around who dms.  let him play for a bit while someone else gives dming a go 
I like the idea of a character with a timer embedded in his chest, that's pretty cool.  It would be interesting to get the DM's perspective on how he thinks the game is going.  I'd suggest that you sit down with the DM and ask for feedback on you both as players, and then you give the DM feedback on his DMing.  You might gain some interesting insights into why he is favouring the one player and perhaps come up with a creative way to wipe out the bard's gold hoard (buying a party base for example).

My gut on this is that you've got a potentially good DM there that's just lost his way, probably due to a lack of experience.
^and very little understanding of the rules

just be honest with him, and let him know your concerns  or see if you can have a go at DMing, and pay attention to what the DMG says on how to do it right.

if you can, DM, do it right, and set an example for the rest of your group

also, you guys are a beginner group, stick with mechanically simple concepts...trust me it'll do wonders...

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/8.jpg)

In situations like this it's usually the wisest to just come out frank and tell the others that you aren't having fun anymore. Depending on how they react you could either start a discussion on how to make the game fun again or leave the group. I think you're probably better off leaving the group and staring a new one, but it's usually best to try to work it out first. The main thing is: This guy is being a jerkass DM and he's wasting everyone's time by doing so. Don't put up with it.
Sign In to post comments