Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni ninjutso ability

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
greatings

my question about this card is of its abillity, can i use the ninjutso abillity during the atack or before the atack while im assigning the atackers?

heres an example:

me: i atack
my oponent: choses not to defende
me: activates Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni  ninjutso ability and atack with it
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Ninjutsu only works with attacking unblocked creatures during combat. The earliest you can use it is therefore in the declare blockers step after blockers have been assigned. Once combat is over, it cannot be used anymore, because there are no more unblocked creatures.

Edit: You don't declare the ninja as attacker if you use ninjuts, it enters the battlefield already tapped and attacking (and unblocked).
Part of the cost of Ninjutsu is "return an unblocked attacker you control to your hand".  This can only be determined after blockers are declared, so you can only play it in the declare Blockers step.
DCI Level 1 Judge Please autocard: [c]Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon[/c] = Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon [c=Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon]Skittles[/c] = Skittles Cards do what they say they do. No more. No less.
That is correct.

The point of the keyword is for the creature with Ninjitsu to come in unexpectedly.

When your opponent finishes deciding blockers, you do what it says in the reminder text - Return an unblocked attacker to your hand; put (ink eyes) into play tapped and attacking.
Part of the cost of Ninjutsu is "return an unblocked attacker you control to your hand".  This can only be determined after blockers are declared, so you can only play it in the declare Blockers step.

Or the End of Combat Step, or Combat Damage Step after combat damage has been dealt with [and the rest of the actions before priority is gained]
Level 1 Judge. Feel free to call me out on any errors. I'm only human, and am working to improve.