White Weenie

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
The typical archetype. It's viable in pretty much every format. There have been numerous good white weenie decks in standard Mirrodin forward, creating a best of is not that hard. The bigger question is, can this work?

The main culprits in this early metagame are combo decks, 12 post, and zoo variants. 12 post is a strange animal because I've seen  control, combo, and aggro builds. I think the main question to answer is, why play white weenie over zoo?

Here's the build off the top of my head that seems like it would be good:

Creatures:
2x Isamaru, Hound of Konda
2x Elite Vanguard
4x Figure of Destiny
4x Knight of Meadowgrain
4x Knight of the Holy Nimbus
4x Spectral Procession
3x Cloudgoat Ranger

Other:
4x Path to Exile
4x Honor of the Pure
3x Ajani Goldmane
3x Metagame slot

Lands:
19x Plains
3x Windbrisk Heights
1x Flagstones of Trokair

SB:
4x Kor Firewalker
3x Relic of Progenetis
3x Rule of Law
5x ???

I have a few holes in the deck of what I'm not sure to put in. I think the reason this deck can be really good is it can be tailored to any metagame. Maybe Elspeth Tirel, or some equipment could make the deck better. Possibly gideon. But then we are drifting more towards midrange if we do that.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
If you scroll down a bit, you can see a thread that I already put up for this.

Mine is particularly more evasion based.

3 Knight of the White Orchid
Leonin Skyhunter
Mirran Crusader
Lantern Kami
Suntail Hawk
Isamaru, Hound of Konda
Hokori, Dust Drinker
Soltari Priest
Squadron Hawk

Honor of the Pure
Spectral Procession
Path to Exile

Arid Mesa
Marsh Flats
11 Plains
Eiganjo Castle 

Squadron Hawks are really good actually. It gives you game to recover from board sweepers. Unlike the cawblade though, I probably wouldn't play them turn 2.

I have been considering Samurai of the Pale Curtain as a 2 drop that can stop Kird Apes and Loam Lions rather well as well as prevent Knight of the Reliquary shenanigans.