Krayt's Honor (Starships of the Galaxy)

hello all,

I was reading the stats for the Gozanti Cruiser Krayt's Honor, and found something weird: it's supposed to be a space transport (colossal size), but it's packed with a turbolaser battery.

According to errata, you cannot mount a turbolaser in a ship whose size is less than colossal (frigate).

Sounds to me like when this was corrected, they forgot to update the Krayt's stats.

Is this errata or am I missing anything here?

Thanks!
i ve got three thoughts about your question...

1. the creators of the starship stat block doesn't really follow the rules, so that you get a totally different stat block if you try to create the starship after the creation and modification rules.

2. smaller ships could have non-standard modifications which costs two times of EPs and 5 times of credits.

3. some ships doesn't really fit into the categories of the rules especially if the ship is "something in between" of the two different size categories or touches the threshold of the next categorie barely.
"Nobody expects imperial Inquisition" "What doesn't destroys me, makes me stranger"
hello all,

I was reading the stats for the Gozanti Cruiser Krayt's Honor, and found something weird: it's supposed to be a space transport (colossal size), but it's packed with a turbolaser battery.

According to errata, you cannot mount a turbolaser in a ship whose size is less than colossal (frigate).

Sounds to me like when this was corrected, they forgot to update the Krayt's stats.

Is this errata or am I missing anything here?

Thanks!

You're missing the Experimental TIE fighter (huge sized) in the RECG that also has a turbolaser.

The problem is that a lot of codex ships are based on previously published materials and the stats they are given simply don't care how many "rules" they break in the quest to match the craziness they are sometimes described with.  Krayt's Honor breaks the rule with its Turbolaser batteries but it isn't the only ship in even the SotG that has systems which really shouldn't be on the ship they are listed with.
Ok, thanks all for the replies. I was looking for an errata but since it seems to be more starships with this kind of "mistakes", then I'll have to stick to the "non-standard modifications", which is leaving a dangerous door open to my players