Proliferation Nation

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
The other half-a-deck in my head that needs to be rounded out.
This comes from the hare-brained idea of running Lightning Reaver next to proliferation. I think we've had a crack at that decklist before, with not a great deal of success. And then I came upon a playset of Titan Forge and thought "Hey, that's pretty good with proliferate too". So we have a potential deck full of stuff that likes to go off when proliferating, and we need to protect ourselves while we get it on the table. Oh, and it's three colours. With double-mana and multicolour casting costs. Erk.

So, first crack. Obviously, this needs one heck of a manabase. Good thing we have lands that work well with proliferation.
Proliferation Nation v0.1
Lands - 24
4 Crumbling Necropolis (The tri-land we need onboard)
4 Vivid Creek (Colour-fixing, likes proliferation)
4 Vivid Marsh (Colour-fixing, likes proliferation)
4 Saprazzan Skerry (Really good with proliferation, accelerates your mana)
4 Peat Bog (Really good with proliferation, accelerates your mana)
1 Gemstone Mine (Colour-fixing, likes proliferation)
2 Vivid Crag (Colour-fixing, likes proliferation)
1 Volrath's Stronghold (Recursion for the Reaver-hate)

Creatures - 14
4 Lightning Reaver (Evasive, likes proliferation, drains the table)
3 Shifting Wall (Defensive, likes proliferation)
4 Thrummingbird (Proliferator)
3 Chancellor of the Dross (Token finisher, here because I have them, in lieu of something better, like Blood Tyrant)

Spells - 22
4 Inexorable Tide (Proliferator)
4 Hissing Miasma (Defense, bleeder)
2 Diabolic Tutor (Tutorage)
3 Foresee (Card advantage)
4 Titan Forge (Likes proliferation, potential beatstick generator)
1 Elixir of Immortality (Recurser, life gain)
3 Crosis's Charm (Removal)
1 Vile Requiem (Uber-removal, likes proliferation)

I know you're probably all going to hate on Hissing Miasma. I figure it fits the generic bleeder theme we have going, and will make people look elsewhere (like it usually does).
Anyway, this is truly a mash of ideas that needs to be rounded out, so I know it's not perfect. Have at it.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Mark of Eviction provides slow, targeted removal... but it can be cast multiple times, triggering Inexorable Tides multiple times.

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
Thought Gorger is much better with proliferate.
Myojin of Night's Reach and his brethren love to be proliferated.
Clearwater Goblet can get out of hand without proliferate and with proliferate, it is downright broken.
Riptide Replicator can generate ever bigger critters.
If you are truly evil you will proliferate Parallax Nexus and Parallax Tide to keep them in play for ever and ever. Combine that with Tangle Wire and people will never play with you again.
Lux Cannon is an obvious possibility. As is Tumble Magnet.
Etched Oracle can keep giving and giving and giving...
Umezawa's Jitte is great on it's own as well but even better with proliferate.
Rakdos Riteknife has a steep cost for putting counters on it (with good reason). Dodge that and it becomes a lot better.

Ofcourse there are a myriad of other options: planeswalkers, levelers, phantom critters, ascensions and quests, etc, etc...
Kamikazegerbil wrote: Coke Spill Level 1 Encounter Attack Power Trigger: You must be pouring yourself a drink Range: Close Blast 1D10 from Player Target: All creatures and objects within blast Attack: Any vs. Reflex Hit: 1d6 Fizzy damage and target is wet (save ends) Aftereffect: Target is sticky (save ends)
How could I forget: Spike Weaver allows for Constant Mists only without the hefty buyback price!
Kamikazegerbil wrote: Coke Spill Level 1 Encounter Attack Power Trigger: You must be pouring yourself a drink Range: Close Blast 1D10 from Player Target: All creatures and objects within blast Attack: Any vs. Reflex Hit: 1d6 Fizzy damage and target is wet (save ends) Aftereffect: Target is sticky (save ends)

I have to mention Taurean Mauler -- it's already good, and only made better with Proliferate.

Sphere of the Suns and Pentad Prism could help with mana fixing and acceleration.

I was going to hate on Hissing Miasma, but it seems you're already cognizant of the card's flaws. Seriously though, Propaganda is much better and stillĀ in your colors.

Sign In to post comments