Surprising Charge Question.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am considering taking this feat, as it seems pretty powerful for my Brutal Scoundrel. However I am unsure of the ruling for it. Do I have to have CA BEFORE I make the charge, or can I charge into a flank and benifit from the extra 1[W] damage of this feat?
It specifies that you get the bonus when you make the charge attack, so you don't need to have CA until you're actually at the attacking part of your charge action.  (i.e. Yes, you can charge into flanking and benefit from this feat.)

Returned from hiatus; getting up to speed on 5e rules lawyering.

Wow, thats great. It seems pretty powerful, basically making charging a very powerful alternative to other rogue at-wills. I actually can't think of a reason you would not want to use this over most other at wills every chance you can? I am surprised I don't see it in more builds, expecially rogue builds with bigger [W] die.

Am I missing something here or is it really a great feat?
Nope, not missing anything, it's a great feat.  Good enough that it's one of the prime targets for poaching via rogue or fighter multiclass.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Also, you could consider taking Cunning Stalker, if you haven't already. CA when you're the only thing next to your target? Yes please =J

Helps with both charging and normal sneak attacks.
Chandrak's awesome solutions to the 5-minute workday 'problem'
97183719 wrote:
Seeing as there is a disconnect between balance (quantifiable) and fun, (subjective and personal) discussing fun in a thread about balance because you find one system more enjoyable than another is as helpful as discussing religion in a thread about architectural engineering because you think cathedrals look prettier than outhouses.