08/18/2011 FtL: "Feed Forward II"

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Scrambleverse and Homeward Path isn't much of a combo, considering all it does is consume 9 mana and a land drop to untap everything in play.
(with links to the appropriate articles / Harry Potter fanfiction.)

I want to see these.  Got a link?
E-S-P-E-R
7 Plains
8 Islands
3 Swamps
3 Esper Panorama (Esper is a scuplted paradise)
1 Reliquary Tower (Esper can use Bant's buildings for knowledge)
2 Rupture Spire (Grixis is a place for Esper to gain power) 

4 Etherium Sculptor (Even a common Esperite is skilled with crafting Etherium)
2 Ethersworn Adjudicator (Esper minds make deadly weapons)
2 Etched Champion (Metal will protect you)
2 Sanctum Gargoyle (Etherium must be recycled)
2 Sharding Sphinx (Etherium can dominate the skies)
1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind (Red and Green are Esper's enemies)
2 Phyrexian Metamorph (Esper respects adaptable metal)
2 Ethersworn Canonist (Those purified by Etherium can be allowed through easily)
2 Ethersworn Shieldmage (Etherium is a blessing)
1 Riddlesmith (Esperite Sphinxes enjoy riddles)

3 Esper Charm (Esper is adaptable)
2 Everflowing Chalice (Artifacts are a source of energy)
2 Scourglass (Esper desires to cleanse the world of flesh)
3 Stoic Rebuttal (It is difficult to win an argument with an Esper Vedalken)
1 Scepter of Dominance (Esper desires control)
2 Punish Ignorance (On Esper ignorance isn't bliss)
1 Protomatter Powder (Etherium can be repaired)
1 Etherwrought Page (Etherium can store information)
1 Resounding Wave (Esperites can control the seas)     
For the contest are we supposed to put submissions here or by e-mail?  I'm guessing e-mail, but the article didn't actually specify that I saw.
What is Homeward Path doing? It seems like you don't want to regain the creatures you own except Bazzar Trader. And you certainly don't want to give your opponent's creatures back. It seems like you really only want to use it if you've messed up Scrambleverse by retaining your own creatures and losing your Bazzar Trader... except you could have just activated your Trader in the first place to donate exactly what you wanted.

I must say the "Scrambleverse" is a bombo because the person who sent it in didn't read the land.  It's Brand for everyone.
I like that time deck.  It may not work real well, but it looks cool.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
Congratulations on three years.  As I was reading that, I thought you were leading up to an announcement that you were leaving the column!  Glad you're not.

A question about the Telling Time What To Do deck: If you've already got your opponent in a Mindslaver lock, why bother giving them Sundial of the Infinite?
Congrats on 3 years, but why does the telling time deck only have 49 cards in it? Also, I have to agree that the scrambleverse deck is a bit... all over the place. Which fits the theme, I guess, but doesn't make for very good gameplay/probability of the combo working correctly...

I don't post much anymore. 

Homeward Path actually is kind of useful with Scrambleverse if you find that too much of your own stuff has been randomly given away. It takes the risk out of the random element. Keep the land in your hand before you cast Scrambleverse, and if you like how the RNG worked out, then just win with the cards you got, but if you don't like it, just drop the land, tap it, and everything goes back to the way it was. but Kyle and Noel seems to think that Homeward Path only affects you, but no, unfortunately, it affects all players. To get stuff back one-sidedly, you'd need Brand, like someone mentioned upthread.

A question about the Telling Time What To Do deck: If you've already got your opponent in a Mindslaver lock, why bother giving them Sundial of the Infinite?

To add insult to injury?
Thanks for the many great columns!
Sign In to post comments