1 Porphyry Nodes
1 Call of the Grave
1 Necrogenesis
1 Necromancer's Covenant
1 Painful Quandry
1 Dovescape
1 Night of Souls' Betrayal
1 Reverence

Basically, it's a race to 7 mana to cast Enduring Ideal, using 24 lands, Farseek and Kodama's Reach to get there. The O-Ring and Wrath to stall. The Prismatic Omen is there to cast enchantment spells that go into my hand. The win cons are the Genju, or the Hondens, or the Luminarch. The sideboard is a toolkit to deal with issues on a deck by deck basis.
I used to play an enduring ideal deck back in kami/rav standard, oh the times lol!

Personally I always liked Sakura-Tribe Elder over any land search spell that costs 2 because he can block for you and get a land saving you some life in the process. A cool combo of enchantments might also be Phyrexian Unlife + Form of the Dragon because being able to shoot your opponent or one of his/her creatures for 5 every turn and gaining 5 life a turn is always nice plus it has a built in Teferi's Moat that goes for every color.

[edit] I also wonder if Maelstrom Nexus would give the coppies of ideal played each turn cascade..
[edit] I also wonder if Maelstrom Nexus would give the coppies of ideal played each turn cascade..

Cascade triggers when you cast the spell.  Epic just copies the spell and inserts it onto the stack.  It's never cast, so Cascade won't trigger.
I used to play an enduring ideal deck back in kami/rav standard, oh the times lol!

Personally I always liked Sakura-Tribe Elder over any land search spell that costs 2 because he can block for you and get a land saving you some life in the process. A cool combo of enchantments might also be Phyrexian Unlife + Form of the Dragon because being able to shoot your opponent or one of his/her creatures for 5 every turn and gaining 5 life a turn is always nice plus it has a built in Teferi's Moat that goes for every color.

Except with Unlife out, you still lose the game for having 10 poison counters, and the counters don't reset. And Nexus won't trigger, because you don't cast the enchantment
Is there a reason you chose Take Possession over Volition Reins from Scars? Split Second only matters when you are casting the enchantment, and Voltion Reins untaps whatever you take. And why Mirrodin's Core? With Prismatic Omen, your lands produce any color, so the fixing on the Core isn't helpful. That and its slow.
The real question is about this deck, how long will it take to get to play Enduring Ideal? Aggro decks are blistering fast right now, and Karn can come out as early as turn 3.

(at)MrEnglish22

Except with Unlife out, you still lose the game for having 10 poison counters, and the counters don't reset. And Nexus won't trigger, because you don't cast the enchantment
Is there a reason you chose Take Possession over Volition Reins from Scars? Split Second only matters when you are casting the enchantment, and Voltion Reins untaps whatever you take. And why Mirrodin's Core? With Prismatic Omen, your lands produce any color, so the fixing on the Core isn't helpful. That and its slow.
The real question is about this deck, how long will it take to get to play Enduring Ideal? Aggro decks are blistering fast right now, and Karn can come out as early as turn 3.

Correct on the poison, but, unless they are playing poison flyers, they won't be able to attack, right? As for Take Possession over Volition Reins, only because I don't know the new cards that well, having been out of Magic for 4 years. Reins is superior, thank you. Mirrordin's Core is there because I'm not guaranteed to get Prismatic Omen early in the game when I would need it to cast non-White or non-Green enchantments. Sakura-Tribe Elder is a better choice over Farseek especially since I do not have the Temple Garden cards any longer.

As to aggro and Karn, well, I'd hope to draw into a Wrath for a Turn 4 play, and I'd hope to have an O-Ring sitting there for Karn or other planeswalkers.

I did come up with a few other enchantments, two of them quite essential, to go along with adding in the classic Form of the Dragon for the combo. My two are Paradox Haze so I can play 2 enchantments per turn, and Copy Enchantment, for obvious reasons. Others for consideration depending upon my meta: Debtors' Knell[c], [c]Sanguine Bond, Grave Pact (Green Honden), Seal of Doom, and Stormbind.

If I played the Hondens I wouldn't play Form of the Dragon because the White Honden would be negated. If I played the Hondens, I'd play Sanguine Bond. I could play Night of Souls' Betrayal with Dovescape as a combo, and along with the Green Honden (and the others to make more 1/1 creatures) I could have Grave Pact in play, which would force my opponent to clear his board of creatures.

I guess the question is getting to cast Enduring Ideal, and once that is done, I'm in good shape.
Dovescape is pretty solid in this deck, as it keeps them from blowing up your enchants most of the time, save Acidic Slime (and other critters, I'm sure, that I'm not aware of).

Also, Meishin, the Mind Cage shuts down nearly any creature they play, since you will have a full hand, to give you time to get your win cons out on the board.

You guys are getting way too cute with the deck. I've been playing it for a few weeks and you really only need the combo to win. You might need to get an Oblivion Ring to clear something out of the way, but beyond that, get the pieces that will win you the game.

If you remove the extra enchantments, you can add extra dig, protection, and mana accelerants. Here's my 4-color build, which I'm very happy with so far. It's more consistent than the other lists I've tested.

// Lands
3 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
3 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
2 [DIS] Hallowed Fountain
1 [GP] Godless Shrine
1 [RAV] Sacred Foundry
1 [UNH] Plains
4 [WL] Gemstone Mine
3 [AN] City of Brass
1 [RAV] Boros Garrison
1 [DIS] Azorius Chancery
1 [GP] Orzhov Basilica

// Spells
4 [TSP] Lotus Bloom
4 [FD] Pentad Prism
4 [MR] Seething Song
2 [US] Duress
2 [ROE] Inquisition of Kozilek
4 [M11] Silence
4 [CHK] Peer Through Depths
4 [ROE] See Beyond
4 [SOK] Enduring Ideal
2 [DIS] Dovescape
2 [SC] Form of the Dragon
1 [CHK] Night of Souls' Betrayal
1 [SOK] Meishin, the Mind Cage
1 [ALA] Oblivion Ring

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [CHK] Boseiju, Who Shelters All
SB: 3 [M11] Leyline of Sanctity
SB: 2 [SHM] Prison Term
SB: 1 [SHM] Wheel of Sun and Moon
SB: 3 [SOK] Pithing Needle
SB: 3 [SHM] Firespout

Gaddock Teeg, Meddling Mage, Qasali Pridemage, and a few others are what you're worried about outside the normal counters and discard. 

If you can find a way to abuse Infernal Tutor. then it'll probably be stronger. I've tried, but I couldn't consistently get hellbent.

Sign In to post comments