My 9 regrets

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

I have 9 regret's more in my life now than I had previously, my family has fallen on hard times, and we are needing money before we lose our whole way of life, which isnt much now a days. But etleast we have a roof over our heads and a car to get us from A-B but the problem is we are in serious danger of losing that, I know you must be thinking, why in the world is this doofus venting on these forums?

It's because I am about to become ONE OF THOSE GUYS, one of those guys refering to someone who takes something that's every collectors dream and just resells it for profit, but I only have the best intent for my family in mind.

P.S.

I am NOT selling them through these forums as I seriously doubt such a thing would be allowed, besides I probaly already have some buyers and I am trying to come up with getting them etleast PSA graded first, I am not sure if they will be worth grading or not, but Iv always looked at it as it gurantees they arent counterfits or anything. But at the condition they are currently in it appears they are 100% real but heavly played.

Sorry to vent all.

***Changed to more high resolution photo's*** Sorry about the watermark but it's to keep people from trying to rip other people off on ebay or something.

You have a full set of P9?  Wow.  It's a shame you have to sell it, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Good luck with your troubles, man.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

You have a full set of P9?  Wow.  It's a shame you have to sell it, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Good luck with your troubles, man.

Thank you, I wish everyone better times... esspecily in these times of economic troubles.

a dear friend here local sold them to me for a very good deal, about the cost of the black lotus.

I am told they are all from the very first ALPHA set, I can't be sure so I am getting them graded, I know it has something to do with the inside borders, but I havent played magic as long as some of you guys, so I am not an expert on such things like most. such as alpha/beta/unlimited differences.

Also I plan on getting higher resolution scan's of them, also my friend who owns the local comic shop that sold them to me said his buddy had about 5 more complete set's of P9, and I figured this was probaly his least valuable at the even lower price my buddy got them at.

I wish I could keep them, I even fiddled around with trying to make up an entirely casual deck with them all but it was like a 50'000 dollar deck LOL!

Anyone got 22 Underground sea's I can borrow from alpha set? :S
I am told they are all from the very first ALPHA set, I can't be sure so I am getting them graded, I know it has something to do with the inside borders,

Actually, it's the rounded corners of the cards themselves. The Beta set had smaller rounded corners, and subsequent sets all followed Beta. That's why alpha cards need to be in sleeves when played.

It's terrible that you need to part with them, but at least you are not having to take a financial loss on their value.

Coming up with weird ideas to make everyone happy since 2008!

I have now started a blog as an appropriate place to put my crazy ideas.

I am told they are all from the very first ALPHA set, I can't be sure so I am getting them graded, I know it has something to do with the inside borders,

Actually, it's the rounded corners of the cards themselves. The Beta set had smaller rounded corners, and subsequent sets all followed Beta. That's why alpha cards need to be in sleeves when played.

It's terrible that you need to part with them, but at least you are not having to take a financial loss on their value.

Thank you for the kind words everyone, and all the help with the info, like I said, I wish I knew more. Also quadibloc, (Hope I got your name right) My eyesight is kind of bad.

Do you think you could possibly give me your opinion about what these cards might be able to go for in their current condition, sadly they look pretty played, Also what do you think about PSA grading vs PSA half point grading I think it's called? Do they look like alpha to you? (Best Guess of course) I don't want to rip off anyone who buys them, which is why I want to get them graded but that costs alot of money, like 30-60 dollars per card, and that's scary putting more money into them, that I just may not get out of them.

In all honesty id much rather sell them at some kind of an auction for a charity, like maybe one for helping to learn more about autisim, (A disibility I was born with, but I am rather high functioning) As long as it could maybe be a % of the sell goes to the charity and only a smaller % comes back to me, but I don't know how to setup such a thing. Are there places you can go to?

Although I want to help my family a great deal, at the same time it would mean alot to my family as well as me to help learn more about what causes autisim and it's becoming more of a common thing among kids now a days. We just simply don't have a clue what is causing it, we have theroys but no hard proof. Id like to help that a small bit if I can.

Any help on just simply where I could go would be great!
Do you think you could possibly give me your opinion about what these cards might be able to go for in their current condition, sadly they look pretty played,

I know that an Unlimited Edition Black Lotus used to be about $1000, and a Beta one is closer to $3000.

Right now, though, with a tough economy, it may be harder to find someone paying extra money just for collector value. (Although it's not like there are lots of Vintage events, and so to some extent it's all collector value.) Beta is not as rare as Alpha, but because it doesn't have the corner/sleeve limitation, it tends to go for slightly more.

So all I know is that your set of the P9 is worth somewhere in the $5000 area, and it may take a little while to find a buyer. Others would know more about this than I do, and be able to refine things a lot further.

Coming up with weird ideas to make everyone happy since 2008!

I have now started a blog as an appropriate place to put my crazy ideas.

Steeples his fingers.
Learn about autocard here ==> [*c]Lightning Bolt[/*c] Remove "*" and you get Lightning Bolt. IMAGE(http://internetometer.com/image/27264.png) Keep extended alive for future generations so they dont have to sell out for modern. "If there is such a thing as too much power, I have not discovered it." —Volrath
Sell a Black Lotus
in mint condition it sells for about $ 2,000 - 2,800 a piece.

The most expensive thing I bought from MTG is a Fat Pack /)_<
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.
In a year I spent about 1k$ on cards and gave away over half the cards.
Learn about autocard here ==> [*c]Lightning Bolt[/*c] Remove "*" and you get Lightning Bolt. IMAGE(http://internetometer.com/image/27264.png) Keep extended alive for future generations so they dont have to sell out for modern. "If there is such a thing as too much power, I have not discovered it." —Volrath
I’ve removed content from this thread because trolling is a violation of the Code of Conduct, and for continuity.  You can review the Code of Conduct here:  wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg... .

Please also note that discussion of topics in the realm of politics are not allowed on these boards; they are considered to be disruption.

Thanks.
If you need help, you can contact us through the Knowledge Base. You can log in there with the same account you use to post here. Having trouble accessing the Knowledge Base? Post here and we can get it fixed.