Renown points???

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
OK so Im new to encounters but not to 4e/DnD

My question is what are renown points for???  I played last night and earned 7 ponts and was told they are for swag later......

How many points do I need and where do I turn them in for the "swag"??  

Thanks for the answer in advance

Makuzi 
Renown points are an Encounters only point system as far as I know. You get a promo D&D Fortune card at 20, 40, and 60 renown points from your DM. 

For the 50 points of Damage one, how would that apply to the Druid/Sentinel. Do we consider the total on both creatures or one either?

You are correct, sir. Exclusive Fortune Cards that cannot be obtained anywhere else...

When a player earns 20 Renown Points, they earn the Bowl Over (promo 1) Fortune Card.

When a player earns 40 Renown Points, they earn the Great Confidence (promo 3) Fortune Card.

When a player earns 60 Renown Points, they earn the Spellplague Surge (promo 2) Fortune Card.

Your DM or FLGS manager should have tracking sheets to help you out. They are also available on the main Wizards website.

www.wizards.com/dnd/files/neverwinterpla...

For the 50 points of Damage one, how would that apply to the Druid/Sentinel. Do we consider the total on both creatures or one either?

This is one I hadn't thought of until you asked it but it's applicable to me since I have a sentinel at my table this season. I'm thinking I'll use half the damage the bear takes to count to the 50 since the player has to use his second wind on ONLY himself or the bear. But giving him both damage would make it too easy.
For Sentinels and their animal companions, I ruled that the player can earn the RP for either the Sentinel or their companion taking 50+ damage in a single session. The question of how companions interact with certain fortune cards also came up, and I alowed my players to treat 'you' as meaning either the companion or the Sentinel, but not both at the same time.
Sign In to post comments