Thanks poyodiablo for the pic.
1) Tell your party that you'll scout ahead, while you roll a stealth check (don't go in).
2) Free: Summon your spirit 20 squares ahead.
3) Move: Send your spirit 11 squares into the next room(s). *
4) Standard: Attack anyone your spirit can see and remain hidden.
5) Make a Bluff check to avoid laughing to loud while monsters scramble to find the source of the damage.
6) Repeat 3-5 times (till you run out of rogue encounter powers)
7) Send allies charging in with Spirit of the Ram, use glaoming cut, or take a short rest.
*Yes, the spirit will end because it's out of range, but only at the end of the turn, which gives us enough time to attack from it.
Trojan Horse Strategy (thanks to monkey gentlemen)
1) Get in a box like this...
3) Have an ally who took training in basket weaving make it very pretty (perhps make it look like a seashell)
4) Have an ally who's trained in bluff give the box as a gift.*
5) Kill things, while staying safe in the box.
6) If they look in the box, chamelion and hide in plane sight will keep you safe.
* Assistance of the Strong Spirit could carry the box.
[sblock Scry and Die]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ====== Scry and Die, level 30
Gnome, Shaman/Rogue, Keen Eagle, Cosmic Soul
Companion Spirit (Hybrid) Option: Watcher Spirit (Hybrid)
Hybrid Shaman Option: Hybrid Shaman Fortitude
Hybrid Talent Option: Rogue Combat Talent
Rogue Combat Talent Option: Rogue Weapon Talent (Hybrid)
Arcane Agent (+2 to Stealth)
FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 12, CON 13, DEX 28, INT 14, WIS 22, CHA 10
STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 11, DEX 18, INT 10, WIS 14, CHA 8
AC: 43 Fort: 33 Ref: 42 Will: 36
HP: 170 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 42
Acrobatics +31, Athletics +21, Insight +28, Perception +31, Stealth +47, Thievery +29
Arcana +19, Bluff +17, Diplomacy +15, Dungeoneering +21, Endurance +16, Heal +21, History +17, Intimidate +15, Nature +21, Religion +17, Streetwise +15
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Seer Utility: Cast Fortune
Gnome Racial Power: Fade Away
Wizard Utility: Ghost Sound
Shaman Feature: Call Spirit Companion
Shaman Feature: Healing Spirit
Shaman Feature: Speak with Spirits
Monk Feature: Centered Flurry of Blows
Rogue Attack 1: Gloaming Cut
Shaman Attack 1: Wrath of Winter
Rogue Utility 2: Fleeting Ghost
Rogue Attack 3: Shadow Steel Roll
Shaman Utility 6: Sudden Restoration
Rogue Utility 6: Chameleon
Keen Eagle Attack 11: Winged Spirit Strike
Keen Eagle Utility 12: Hunting Eagle
Rogue Attack 13: Fitting Demise
Rogue Utility 16: Hide in Plain Sight
Keen Eagle Attack 20: Flurry of Spirit Talons
Shaman Utility 22: Natural Rebirth
Shaman Attack 23: Spirit of the Ram
Cosmic Soul Utility 26: Merge with the Cosmos
Rogue Attack 27: Perfect Sniper
Level 1: Monastic Disciple
Level 2: Fading Spirit
Level 4: Spirits of Stealth
Level 6: Ki Focus Expertise
Level 8: Light Blade Expertise
Level 10: Fluid Motion
Level 11: Nimble Spirit
Level 12: Mobile Spirit
Level 14: Shadow Skulk
Level 16: Backstabber
Level 18: Midnight Blade Student
Level 20: Hybrid Talent
Level 21: Untraceable
Level 22: Nimble Blade
Level 24: Skill Focus (Stealth)
Level 26: Epic Resurgence
Level 28: Reserve Maneuver
Level 30: Weapon Focus (Light blade)
Shadow Master Ki Focus +6 x1
Lightstep Slippers (epic tier) x1
Shadowflow Mantle Armor +6 x1
Shadow Band (epic tier) x1
Assassin's Cloak +5 x1
Girdle of the Umber Hulk (epic tier) x1
Lenses of the Luminary (epic tier) x1
Serpentine Bracers (paragon tier) x1
Shadowdancer's Gloves (paragon tier) x1
====== End ====== [/sblock]
Keen Eagle PP: Let's us use ranged attacks though the spirit.
High Stealth: Let's us hide, so they won't know where it comes from.
Rogue Powers: Let's us remain hidden. After which, we'll re-hide.
Fading Spirit: Let's the spirit remain hidden, so they REALLY don't know where it comes from.
The rest is spirit movement, more stealth, and damage. The ED just let's us be rediculous with ranged sight, but could be swaped for something else, such as thief of legends.
Oh, and you act as a backup healer.