Yo, What Do You Want to Talk About?

2526 posts / 0 new
Last post
For everyone that has been here for a while you know what this thread is all about. For those of you that are new to the OTT this thread is a thread for everyone to talk about anything that is on their mind as long as it is of course not a violation of the CoC. Please try and keep volitile disccusion out of this thread so as to not get it locked. Other than that feel free to kick back and talk about anything that is on your mind.

This is probably the 8th incarnation of this thread due to us talking to darn much. I could be wrong, but either way lets keep up our friendly conversations and continue to keep this sort of thread alive for everyone to enjoy.

I've got nothing to start the thread off with. Just got up and listening to morning talk radio while eating some ramen.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

Ramen for breakfast? That's just weird.

*thinks about it*

Sounds tastey, and I haven't eaten yet even though I've been up for 4 hours.

*wanders off to see if there's ramen in the house*
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
[something volatile]

That's what we call a callback, yo. 
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

My house is currently ramenless.

Made a couple peperoni and cheddar sandwiches instead.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
Only way I'd eat ramen is if I skip the seasonings and put stuff like chicken in with the noodles.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
Am I actually first?

Top or real ramen? And what radio? NPR? Music?

yes you are.

It's top ramen cooked on the stove rather than microwaved. tastes better that way.

Listening to a somewhat local talk show called Rob, Arnie and Dawn. They are on for 5 hrs in the morning from Monday to Friday and air in Sacramento CA, Reno NV, and Anchorage AK. I find it quite an entertaining show to listen too. One of the best things about it is that it is one of the only radio shows that is not prerecorded. It really shows in their ratings. they've been in 1st place forever and have been leading the second place show by a 3 to 1 margin.

And I say it shows in their ratings because it's just not entertaining to listen to something that is fake. It however can be entertaining listen to some friend tease and joke around with each other. ya know stuff and junk and all that jazz.

OK now I'm eating carrot cake (home made) and drinking some coffee.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

I just had a tasty salad with butter lettuce, apple, bacon, cheese, and raisins. Hmmmmmmm.
Epic Dungeon Master

Want to give your players a kingdom of their own? I made a 4e rule system to make it happen!

Your Kingdom awaits!
Update 5th Sep 2011: Added a sample kingdom, as well as sample of play.
Question: Does anyone else make ramen on the stove, drain the water, then add the seasoning, stir, and eat like spaghetti?

Just wondering if I'm odd ball or not since someone once told me that's not how you're supposed to eat ramen.
Resident Quitter Those that say, "It cannot be done!" should not interupt those doing it-Somebody The guy in the middle. Night Janitor in the House of Trolls.
Question: Does anyone else make ramen on the stove, drain the water, then add the seasoning, stir, and eat like spaghetti?

I used to eat it like that but after a while I stopped liking it like that.

Truth be told when you make it like that it's not really ramen anymore but instead just pasta with broth or whatnot. So becomes less an oriental dish and more a European style dish. Ramen is more like a soup and so without the water it's not really ramen.

Anyways I eat my ramen with water now.

I used to eat it like that but after a while I stopped liking it like that.

Truth be told when you make it like that it's not really ramen anymore but instead just pasta with broth or whatnot. So becomes less an oriental dish and more a European style dish. Ramen is more like a soup and so without the water it's not really ramen.

Anyways I eat my ramen with water now.

Ah, I see. Well that makes sense. I still like it the "European" way better. I know its supposed to be a soup but I'm not big on soups. As far as Oriental, not a big fan of that either except I do like lo mein which some people don't consider Oriental either.

My favorite thing is to order sweet and sour chicken with lo mein instead of rice. MMMMM, good stuff, maynard.

If I'm allowed a little cross thread thing, I've never learned how to eat with chop sticks so I don't eat any Oriental dishes correctly anyway, lol.       
Resident Quitter Those that say, "It cannot be done!" should not interupt those doing it-Somebody The guy in the middle. Night Janitor in the House of Trolls.
<3 Ramen.

So I put the car up on ramps last night, and sprayed the O2 sensor clean with electrical cleaner. I also erased the trouble code that came up with it, so we'll see if it stays off.  If it does then I've saved myself 80 dollars and about an hour's worth of work this weekend.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
I normally add extra spices and stuff to my ramen broth.  A little garlic powder, some seasoned salt, maybe some chile powder... that sort of thing.  I'll also throw in either some chicken or turkey, either leftovers from other stuff or deli meat.  And some frozen veggies.

It's good.

What's not good?  Being at work for four weeks now and still having my e-mail address contain a spelling error in my name.
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
Listening to a somewhat local talk show called Rob, Arnie and Dawn. They are on for 5 hrs in the morning from Monday to Friday and air in Sacramento CA, Reno NV, and Anchorage AK. I find it quite an entertaining show to listen too. One of the best things about it is that it is one of the only radio shows that is not prerecorded. It really shows in their ratings. they've been in 1st place forever and have been leading the second place show by a 3 to 1 margin.

And I say it shows in their ratings because it's just not entertaining to listen to something that is fake. It however can be entertaining listen to some friend tease and joke around with each other. ya know stuff and junk and all that jazz.

I love those guys. I hate the woman's laugh. Actually let me clarify; I don't think the show would be the same w/o her but Arnie's suggestion of replacing her with a trafic pylon last year was one of his better ideas. Shame it never happened.

Yeah even though she's annoying as hell the show would suck if she wasn't there. I remember the pylon thing. funny stuff.

Oh wait by "that woman's laugh" are you talking about Brandon? ;) Seriously though I don't find her laugh annoying but rather the tone or attitude behind it most of the time.

She laughs like a horse, and once she starts it's usually an entire segment before she stops. Is Dawn would just take a breath once in a while they would have 4:1 ratings.

I can stand her laugh because at least when she's laughing she's not saying extremely stupid stuff. What annoys me more about her is how she never shuts up, and how that leads to her always interrupting rob and arnie while they're trying to talk. Man she's such an annoying person. And unfun.

They're at 2,058 reasons why Dawn is the least fun person.

What's with all you people and eating ramen? I thought that was the food of choice for poor students.
Epic Dungeon Master

Want to give your players a kingdom of their own? I made a 4e rule system to make it happen!

Your Kingdom awaits!
I am a poor student.

I am a poor student.

Get a job you hippie!!! 
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
I am a poor student.

Get a job you hippie!!! 

I've been thinking about it but not sure. It would be nice to have some extra money but not sure if I actually want to do something productive while in school. But I might (take that with a grain of salt) get a part time job during this next year of classes.

I am a poor student.

Get a job you hippie!!! 

I've been thinking about it but not sure. It would be nice to have some extra money but not sure if I actually want to do something productive while in school. But I might (take that with a grain of salt) get a part time job during this next year of classes.

That's what I'm doing. Turned out pretty good. Just make sure you get paid well for whatever your part time job is.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Pizza for dinner for me tonight.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Why did we start a new thread? And why wasn't the OTTer High Council told about this?  I didn't get to bust out my ominous swivel chair!

*spins in swivel chair*

*falls off*

Owchies! <(>o<)> 
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Three? They'd have to be pretty big tacos for my fat a** to get 3 meals out of 12.
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Why did we start a new thread? And why wasn't the OTTer High Council told about this?  I didn't get to bust out my ominous swivel chair!

*spins in swivel chair*

*falls off*

Owchies! <(>o<)> 

The Council was consulted (apparently the council is just ZB, so this is an autoritarian regime, if not totalitarian). Webster told him that the old one was getting to big and a new one had to be made. ZB gave Dirtyfrank the honor.

That's because being the over sensitive founder of the WDYWTTA thread I throw a tantrum if someone else restarts it.

And yes it seems ZB is the council and ZB seems to have a higher power that talks to him from time to time about important things, such as when a thread gets too long.

That remineds me.  Last Friday me and the SO went out to a few furniture stores in town1, seeing if we could find a desk for him and a dresser for the bedroom.  In each proper store we ran into the same thing... we felt terribly out of place.  I was about ready to say "Yes, please show me your selection for poor college kids and divorced men" to the next salesperson we saw.

We ended up getting cheap stuff from Wally-World.

Also, I'm currently eating a bowl of ramen with a pair of chopsticks.
________
1It's so exciting to be in a town large enough to have even one dedicated furniture store, but multiple.  Still no Ikea though.  'pparently I'd have to head down to LA to find one of those.
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
I was expecting some kind of footnote to go along with that 1 next to town. 
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Fixed.

That said, I should totally start doing that, just to screw with you guys. 
I've always found your footnotes to be entertaining. Particularly when they seem to take on a life of their own and go on  rampage.
So, i am now planning to watch Victorious untill I am cought up,luckly theres only been one complete season and season two is sitll airing,so it should be done easily.

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls

Just wondering if I'm odd ball or not since someone once told me that's not how you're supposed to eat ramen.

Yup thats how I do it as well, although I ussually dont get all the water out so theres a little bit of broth in there at the bottom. I guess I could use a strainer or something but I can never find it when I need it, my wife always hides these things, she does it on purpose I tell you!
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Oh and I wanted to point out that in my last post in the other thread, what I meant to say was gamecube, not xbox, I was trying to rip off bro **** and totally botched it, but still xbox is what all the bros are playin now adays anyway, right?

You all know what im talking about right? if not go over to youtube now and look up bro ****. Funny, funny stuff., basically makes fun of those to catch a predator things on 20/20 or nightline or whatever. Ugh!! that guys got me saying it now all the time too!!

I would post a linky but im quite sure that it would violate the CoC and/or ToS, but me suggesting you go see it for yourself should be ok right? specially if I add this disclaimer:
Warning: Contains adult language and strong sexual situations, persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

There, should be all kosher now right?

are we allowed to say ****?

I was going to post this in the other thread, but I dont want my post to be the one that causes it to implode.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Oh and I wanted to point out that in my last post in the other thread, what I meant to say was gamecube, not xbox, I was trying to rip off bro **** and totally botched it, but still xbox is what all the bros are playin now adays anyway, right?

You all know what im talking about right? if not go over to youtube now and look up bro ****. Funny, funny stuff., basically makes fun of those to catch a predator things on 20/20 or nightline or whatever. Ugh!! that guys got me saying it now all the time too!!

Yes it is xbox that all the bros play since it is the bro gaming system. and I recognized your comment and was oh so close to responding with something like "I don't think his name is chad... " or "Did you bring the nati-light, bro?"

Yes it is xbox that all the bros play since it is the bro gaming system. and I recognized your comment and was oh so close to responding with something like "I don't think his name is chad... " or "Did you bring the nati-light, bro?"

nati-light hell yeah!!!
"lets chill bro." "you wanna have a few beers and chill, bro?"

EDIT:

Rewatched the skit and it was gamecube, although I've always seen the xbox as the bro system. It's probably just the system they had on hand to shoot the video. gamecube is the system for kids so would probably be more the **** system so likely something you'd see on dateline's "to catch a predator".

Only way I'd eat ramen is if I skip the seasonings and put stuff like chicken in with the noodles.

That's basically the beginnings of my "poor man's tuna casserole" recipe - I throw a can or two of tuna into the pot with two packages of ramen noodles and then add some diced onion and either some frozen peas or a can of mixed peas and carrots... I then add my own seasonings.
I actually have a serious supply of ramen from the last time I was unemployed, and should probably start working some of it into my food schedule to save some money.

EE's next footnote should simply read, " 1This is an unnecessary footnote."

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

"lets chill bro." "you wanna have a few beers and chill, bro?"

EDIT:

Rewatched the skit and it was gamecube, although I've always seen the xbox as the bro system. It's probably just the system they had on hand to shoot the video. gamecube is the system for kids so would probably be more the **** system so likely something you'd see on dateline's "to catch a predator".

I cant stand Nati Ice, but hey bro, id be happy to chill with you with some ****ss!!
Gah, I can't shake the feeling that all of you are a bunch of bums when you talk about Ramen so much Tongue out

I don't think I've had the stuff, even... might have to just try it out to see what it is.
Epic Dungeon Master

Your Kingdom awaits!
Gah, I can't shake the feeling that all of you are a bunch of bums when you talk about Ramen so much 

I don't think I've had the stuff, even... might have to just try it out to see what it is.

What they're talking about? Not ramen. Instant noodles. Interestingly, developed by a Japanese guy as emergency food supplies in case of disaster, such as the earthquakes the islands are prone to having.

If you want actual ramen, well... go to a ramen shop. The real deal is very good, and not so horrifically unhealthy.

Resident jark. Resident Minister of Education and Misinformation.
Instant Noodles... I see those a lot. They are indeed among the cheapest foodstuffs I've seen, coming in at like 11e for a 40pack. So what is Ramen exactly? A sort of soup with noodles?

The Ramen that I see on Wikipedia actually looks kinda tasty :P 
Epic Dungeon Master

Your Kingdom awaits!
Gah, I can't shake the feeling that all of you are a bunch of bums when you talk about Ramen so much Tongue out

Dude, I'm married and gainfully employed, and I still eat noodles. It's quick and easy. (that's what she said)
There are literally hundreds of things you can do to spice up that Ramen!

No shame in eating food, even if it is Ramen...
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Oh I certainly eat Noodles... but not the instant kind. I make my own, much more tasty that way.

And if you can't take 15 minutes to make some really good, tasty and healthy Noodles then you're missing out on something. 
Epic Dungeon Master

Your Kingdom awaits!
Sign In to post comments