Boon Powers from GenCon (DMs LOOK AT THIS)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hail and Well Met, everyone!

A thousand apologies, but I have a further, albeit fun complication to sling your way.

Players who played the Game Day at GenCon may have a signed Character Theme Card from yours truly, giving their character an additional "divine boon" power. These are small things that fit with the character theme, usable once per day, and provide a tiny edge that might make the difference in one particular check.

These are of course optional, and while I don't think they're at all game breaking (no more than the twitter buffs or fortune cards, for instance), you are within your rights, as a DM, to rule that they cannot be used. Also, you can give these little boons to really great RPers or other PCs that you think warrant a little extra coolness. Think of them as an additional source of the fun.

You can find the full listing on my website (erikscottdebie.com/?p=265), and I'll post it below as well.

Cheers

The list of potential boon powers goes like this (and here's the full mechanics). If a boon fits particularly well with a character theme, I've noted that below. Also note that while some cards may say 1/enc, it should be 1/day (i.e. once per chapter):

Torm's Eye
Daily, no action, use this power when you make an attack roll and dislike the result.
Effect: Add +2 to the attack roll.

Tempus's Fury
Daily, no action, use this power when you hit with an attack that deals damage.
Effect: Add +2 to the damage roll.

Oghma's Insight
Daily, no action, use this power when you make a skill check and dislike the result.
Effect: Add +2 to the skill check roll.

Tymora's Wink
Daily, no action, use this power when you fail a saving throw.
Effect: Add +2 to the saving throw roll.

Helm's Shield (Neverwinter Noble)
Daily, no action, use this power when an attack hits your AC.
Effect: Gain a +2 bonus to AC against that attack.

Mask's Evasion
Daily, no action, use this power when an attack hits your Fortitude, Reflex, or Will.
Effect: Gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against that attack.

Moradin's Toughness (Heir of Delzoun)
Daily, minor action.
Effect: Gain 4 temporary hit points.

Ilmater's Mercy (Oghma's Faithful)
Daily, no action, use this power when you use a power with the healing keyword.
Effect: The power heals an additional 2 hit points.

Fortunes of Blue Fire (Spellscarred Harbinger)
Daily, no action, use this power when you are about to make a d20 roll.
Effect: Add +2 to the roll.

Cheers

Awesome--I will be using these.

Thanks, David S.

Copyright does not protect the idea for a game

Sign In to post comments