Vehicle Chase

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm running through Famine in Far-go with my players.  They are currently in the forest tracking down the Klickies to get the part needed to fix the spaceship for the visitors.  After getting the part they will transport it by vehcile.  They currently have a pickup truck, 3 motorcycles, keel boat, and a couple of wagons they drive/drag along.  I'm envisioning a crazy vehicle chase/combat as they try to get the part back to the visitors in one piece.

I'm seeing it as a multi faction battle as the different forces they've encountered so far in the adventure try to steal the parts.  The Porkers, Arks, Grens, and Klickies (they passed up the chicken factory) will fight against they party and each other.  I want some intense fighting involving explosions, ramming, jumping between vehicles, and so forth.  Maybe throw in a skill challenge during the fight to spice things up.

At this stage Im looking for suggestions to make this a centerpiece epic encounter.  How can I encourage them to move between vehicles?  What if any would be a good skill challenge for this?

@feetz_grande on Twitter

I'm running through Famine in Far-go with my players.  They are currently in the forest tracking down the Klickies to get the part needed to fix the spaceship for the visitors.  After getting the part they will transport it by vehcile.  They currently have a pickup truck, 3 motorcycles, keel boat, and a couple of wagons they drive/drag along.  I'm envisioning a crazy vehicle chase/combat as they try to get the part back to the visitors in one piece.

I'm seeing it as a multi faction battle as the different forces they've encountered so far in the adventure try to steal the parts.  The Porkers, Arks, Grens, and Klickies (they passed up the chicken factory) will fight against they party and each other.  I want some intense fighting involving explosions, ramming, jumping between vehicles, and so forth.  Maybe throw in a skill challenge during the fight to spice things up.

At this stage Im looking for suggestions to make this a centerpiece epic encounter.  How can I encourage them to move between vehicles?  What if any would be a good skill challenge for this?

Jumping can happen as a part of your move action. I would have them roll an athletics or acrobatics check to jump with penalties for speed and distance.

I would run the chase itself as a skill challenge with opposed DCs.

That's me, however
there was a free Dungeon article about this. I would suggest using the rules provided in that.
there was a free Dungeon article about this. I would suggest using the rules provided in that.

I should have specified in my post that I'm using the rules from the Pedal to the Metal article.  My players will want to play out a tactical encounter.  I'm looking for ideas to make it more exciting.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

I should have specified in my post that I'm using the rules from the Pedal to the Metal article.  My players will want to play out a tactical encounter.  I'm looking for ideas to make it more exciting.

You could have a humungous vehicle (giant dump truck, bus of doom) where the driver is mostly protected and your players need to climb on it to take it down.
Sign In to post comments