Neverwinter Campaign Settings spoilers! Red hot! Right here!

218 posts / 0 new
Last post
On the first day of Neverwinter, WotC gave to me:

13 Character themes
6 Racial variants
4 Warpriest domains
And 1 Wizard build with a swoooooord.

Book in hand, one question per comment. Go. (:
The level 5 and level 10 features of the Pact Outcast theme, if you please good sir.
Oh Content, where art thou?
Any themes that might be especially good for Warlords?
The Great Gray Skwid Humblest Mollusk on the Net
How does the whole graceful switch power interact with the rest of the domain's features: Is it stand alone or do the domain features encourage you to switch around what weapons you are using?

Any other domain info would be nice.
I know about the Corellon Warpriest domain...what are the other 3?
Describe in detail the other encounter powers of the Bladesinger.
The level 5 and level 10 features of the Pact Outcast theme, if you please good sir.

*Pack Outcast
Level 5 - A bit of versatility on your flanking.
Level 10 - +2 power bonus to Athletics and Intimidate.

Any themes that might be especially good for Warlords?

Neverwinter Noble does nicely, Uthgardt Barbarian might work for Inspiring Warlords or Bravura Warlords, and Spellscarred Harbinger looks fun for a front-line Warlord.

How does the whole graceful switch power interact with the rest of the domain's features: Is it stand alone or do the domain features encourage you to switch around what weapons you are using?

Any other domain info would be nice.

I know about the Corellon Warpriest domain...what are the other 3?

The Corellon Domain seems to emphasize powers with the option of a ranged or melee weapon. It seems to be a 'mobility' Leader option, with plenty of teleports. I found myself wondering where the Arcane keyword was more than once.

The other Domains are: Oghma, Selune, and Torm.

Describe in detail the other encounter powers of the Bladesinger.

I don't want to go into too much detail, to prevent WotC's ire, but here are some highlights.

At level 3, you gain the Arcane Strike feature, allowing you to make a melee basic as a minor action when you use a Bladesinger daily attack power.

At level 7, you can make opportunity attacks against adjacent enemies when they hit you while your Bladesong is in effect.

The level 16 "Sorcerous Sword" Paragon Path feature gives you a 1/encounter 5 square teleport as a free action after using a Bladespell power.
What are the level 5 and 10 features of the Oghma's faithful theme?
What does 'a bit of flanking versatility' mean?
Oh Content, where art thou?
What are the level 5 and 10 features of the Oghma's faithful theme?

Level 5 - A utility power that lets you reroll a skill check, but you must use the second result.
Level 10 - Bonus to Perception checks made to search.

What does 'a bit of flanking versatility' mean?

You in any square adjacent to enemy + ally in any square adjacent to same enemy = Combat Advantage for you both!
Thanks for the sneaks! Oghma domain power?

I'm assuming you mean the Channel Divinity power; A close burst 3 that gives you and each ally a power bonus to your next skill check.
Are there racial variants for elves?

There are. (:

Elves get Wild Elf and Wood Elf, Eladrin get Moon Elf and Sun Elf.
Sweet, thanks!

I'm assuming you mean the Channel Divinity power; A close burst 3 that gives you and each ally a power bonus to your next skill check.

Channel divinity, yes, thanks.

Any other oghma awesomeness? Domain features?

There are. (:

Elves get Wild Elf and Wood Elf, Eladrin get Moon Elf and Sun Elf.

What features get traded?
What features get traded?

I'll just pick one of the variants at random here.

The Sun Elf (Eladrin) has three options (or possibly includes all three, the text isn't entirely clear).

Trade bonuses to Arcana and History for Bluff and insight.
Replace Eladrin Weapon Proficiency with proficiency with Orbs, Staves, and Wands.
Replace Eladrin Education with proficiency with the longbow and shortbow.
Any good rogue/martial themes?
Any good rogue/martial themes?

Dead Rat Deserter and Pack Outcast both feature polymorph powers to turn into other forms, and both function fairly well for Rogues, although Dead Rat takes a strong lead. Scion of Shadow has rogue flavoring, but I think it would work much better on an Osassin or Bladesinger. Bregan D'aerthe Spy is packed with flavor, and is fairly strong, but doesn't thrill me for combat value, especially for being Drow exclusive.

You didn't mention any feats in your opening post. Is that because there aren't any?
The level 5 and level 10 features for Iliyanbruen Guardian would be lovely. Laughing
The level 5 and level 10 features for Iliyanbruen Guardian would be lovely.

Level 5 - Bonuses to History and Nature.
Level 10 - Fey Step as a minor action.

You didn't mention any feats in your opening post. Is that because there aren't any?

Afraid so. :\
Thank you!
Wow Selune actually gets some love! Yay!

What is Selune's new Domain at-will?

I really love the Sun Elf racial variant choices.
Half-elf racial variants? Human too, if there are any.
What are the L5 and L10 features of the Spellscar theme?
Would absolutely love a quick description (no numbers) of each deity's new domain powers and associated at-wills.

Danny

At level 3, you gain the Arcane Strike feature, allowing you to make a melee basic as a minor action when you use a Bladesinger daily attack power.

At level 7, you can make opportunity attacks against adjacent enemies when they hit you while your Bladesong is in effect.

The level 16 "Sorcerous Sword" Paragon Path feature gives you a 1/encounter 5 square teleport as a free action after using a Bladespell power.

Striker powers then, got it.  That's what I wanted to know.

This book seems quite lol.
Wow Selune actually gets some love! Yay!

What is Selune's new Domain at-will?

Selune's Domain At-Wills (usable by all Clerics) are both melee weapons. One deals radiant, the other cold and radiant.
They each have an Effect that goes off even on a miss. The radiant only one deals Con-mod radiant damage to the enemy if they hit you or an ally; the cold and radiant one grants a +2 power bonus to saving throws to you and each ally within five.

Dwarf, Elf, and Eladrin only.

What are the L5 and L10 features of the Spellscar theme?

Level 5 - Daily No action power to add a daze (no save) to an enemy you just hit. You take damage, however.
Level 10 - You gain another 1/encounter Spellscarred ability, in addition to the one granted by the level 1 feature. (Minor action teleport 2, reroll failed saving throw, or become invisible until start of next turn.)

Would absolutely love a quick description (no numbers) of each deity's new domain powers and associated at-wills.

Just pick one for now, please.

There shouldn't be any. The OP mentioned there are six, including sun, moon, wild, and wood elf. We know from the preview there's also gold dwarf and shield dwarf. That adds up to six, so elimination tells us there are no half-elf, human, or tiefling variants in the book.

Selune's Domain At-Wills (usable by all Clerics) are both melee weapons. One deals radiant, the other cold and radiant.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU .........

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU .........

Nah, not mad. Just marveling at the absolutely gross potential that at-will is going to have for an unaligned Cleric who happens to worship both Selune and Amaunator (hey, Sun and Moon). That's all.
frostcheese + radiant mafia would be pretty crazy.
That does sound like half-elf avenger not-twin-strike-see-I'm-not-a-munchkin bait.

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

Cold/radiant at-will...  

Eladrin can trade longsword prof for orb, staff, and wand prof????

O.o

Regarding bladesinger (if you would be so kind Smile),
Do they get additional uses of Arcane Strike?  (though an encounter power that relies on dailies is...well...not good if you have a lot of encounters between extended rests)  Edit: Now that I think about it, two uses of AS would require burning two "dailies"...which makes additional uses quite inefficient
Steely Retort is the OA vs enemies who hit you while bladesong is active, I'm guessing?  Edit: Silly question, 1st page you mention it's the L7 feature
Do they get any paragon/epic features?
What are the features/powers for the Bladesinger specific PP? 

Thank you very much!
How did you get the book so early? I'd like to preorder myself, but the earliest I found to get it is same day delivery.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..

They each have an Effect that goes off even on a miss. The radiant only one deals Con-mod radiant damage to the enemy if they hit you or an ally; the cold and radiant one grants a +2 power bonus to saving throws to you and each ally within five.

Awesome - nice to see Selune get some exposure since she became a Greater Goddess.

Thanks Damon_Tor! Smile
Cold/radiant at-will...  

Eladrin can trade longsword prof for orb, staff, and wand prof????

O.o

Regarding bladesinger (if you would be so kind Smile),
Do they get additional uses of Arcane Strike?  (though an encounter power that relies on dailies is...well...not good if you have a lot of encounters between extended rests)  Edit: Now that I think about it, two uses of AS would require burning two "dailies"...which makes additional uses quite inefficient
Steely Retort is the OA vs enemies who hit you while bladesong is active, I'm guessing?  Edit: Silly question, 1st page you mention it's the L7 feature
Do they get any paragon/epic features?
What are the features/powers for the Bladesinger specific PP? 

Thank you very much!

Arcane Strike is a feature, not a power.

I already mentioned the Level 16 feature for the PP. At level 11 they gain an additional Wizard Encounter Attack power, of 7th level or less (standard Bladesinger usage). They also at 11th can spend an AP to make a MBA against each adjacent enemy.

NOT tied to the PP, but at 13th level, Bladesingers, while Bladesong is active, can use bladespell powers even if their MBA's miss.
How did you get the book so early? I'd like to preorder myself, but the earliest I found to get it is same day delivery.

Premium FLGS, if I had to guess. I really should check mine tomorrow.