Dungeon and Dragon Magazines On the Go

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Repost from Dungeon/Dragon forum cause nobody was responding:

Hello, all. I have been looking for a good way to make Dungeon and Dragon magazines more portable. I work in an environment that doesn't have access to the internet and with that said, I can't just simply log in to the site and check out the new articles throughout the day. I have an Android-based smart phone, but viewing the PDF's on my EVO is so painful, I would rather wait until I get home after work to be able to view them in a more native monitor sized format. This is what I'm trying to resolve! I want a way to make these magazines mobile without having to print them out every morning before work. 

I've been looking into Kindles or Nooks. Does anybody have any experience with viewing the magazines through these e-book readers?  

Perhaps there's an app I've overlooked on the Android marketplace?

Any and all suggestions would be greatly apreciated. There must be SOME way to make these more like a magazine and less like a website. Thanks so much in advance. 
Repost from Dungeon/Dragon forum cause nobody was responding:

Hello, all. I have been looking for a good way to make Dungeon and Dragon magazines more portable. I work in an environment that doesn't have access to the internet and with that said, I can't just simply log in to the site and check out the new articles throughout the day. I have an Android-based smart phone, but viewing the PDF's on my EVO is so painful, I would rather wait until I get home after work to be able to view them in a more native monitor sized format. This is what I'm trying to resolve! I want a way to make these magazines mobile without having to print them out every morning before work. 

I've been looking into Kindles or Nooks. Does anybody have any experience with viewing the magazines through these e-book readers?  

Perhaps there's an app I've overlooked on the Android marketplace?

Any and all suggestions would be greatly apreciated. There must be SOME way to make these more like a magazine and less like a website. Thanks so much in advance. 

I put all the new Dungeon and Dragon content on my iPad and read it there. Works nicely, especially with GoodReader.
While I view PDFs on my nook and it works very nicely, I have not done this specifically for Dungeon or Dragon magazine content.
Reflavoring: the change of flavor without changing any mechanical part of the game, no matter how small, in order to fit the mechanics to an otherwise unsupported concept. Retexturing: the change of flavor (with at most minor mechanical adaptations) in order to effortlessly create support for a concept without inventing anything new. Houseruling: the change, either minor or major, of the mechanics in order to better reflect a certain aspect of the game, including adapting the rules to fit an otherwise unsupported concept. Homebrewing: the complete invention of something new that fits within the system in order to reflect an unsupported concept. Default module =/= Core mechanic.
I have downloaded several dungeon/dragon artilcles to my kindle 3, and read them later at work and such.  If you're not aware, on kindle you have 2 options for reading pdf's: simply read them as they come, which can mean a lot of scrolling and zooming, or emailing them to amazon and letting them convert the pdf to a kindle format(which is free). I have found that the conversion does really well with things that dont have a lot of stat blocks, but for things like adventures, it's better to view them in their original format. In either case, the experience is not quite as good as an ipad, but it does work, and I am happy with it.
It looks like a "pad" of some type is in my future then. I've been looking into the Android-based pads and I'm liking what I've been reading. Looks like it's time to go to the store and start playing!

Thanks for the replies!