Virtual Table

152 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just purchased my DnDI subscription and little over a week ago.  I have been trying to get into the Virtual Table Beta and have had no luck.  I have signed up a couple of times but never receive any answers.  I understand its a beta but right now I am just disappointed.  Dungeon and Dragon Magazines are really skimpy looking with the new pdf format only.  

I probably don't have the right to complain since I haven't been here long enough, but I am just dissappointed a little bit on customer service and organization of the content.   It doesn't help with alot of the negativity I read about on these forums.  

I just recently started playing 4e and also some of the new encounter modules with a local game group.  The group is excellent, and I am starting to really enjoy roleplaying again.

I just hope that DnDI gets better, or I will probably just go to using the free account versus the insider stuff.

Cya later

Magirus 
Hi Magirus,

As I understand from browsing the community here Wizards sends out invites to people that have applied for the closed beta test in waves on an undisclosed schedule. I hope they send out invites again soon, I've been waiting a little under a month and I'd like to see the official VT in action. There are some users that have been waiting a rather long time unfortunately, but at least the beta is finally a confirmation of a working tabletop program after years where it was up in the air if we'd ever see one.

Ultimately, vote with your money. If the tools aren't up to snuff yet let your subscription expire and come back in a few months and see if anything has changed. Right now I'm for the most part in the same boat as you and I think if things aren't different in a couple of months when my subscription ends I won't renew.

If you're really interested in playing online there are other online tabletop programs out there and a lot of them are free.

I hope I've helped,

LC
Go to the web-page here (www.wizards.com/dnd/Tool.aspx?x=dnd/4new... ) and do what it tells you to do. That will put you on the list to get put into the beta.

Then, go to accounts.wizards.com/content/AccountDeta... and make sure that, under Manage Notifications you have it set so that you accept communications from WotC.
Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere
WOTC_Josh stated over on the VT boards that they are looking to do a new batch but with all the vacations and conventions they have put it off until things calm down a bit.

I am paraphrasing here but you get the idea.
Thanks for the nice replys everyone.  I made sure my notifications are setup correctly and everything should be good.  I will just be patient and see what happens.  Thanks again.

Magirus 
I seemed to get extremely lucky and got an invite only a week after applying.

There has been some noise on the VTT Beta boards that we need more invites sent out, but I haven't heard back.  Could be that something is brewing to be announced at Gen Con.

Hope to see you there in some games soon.  Cool 
I seemed to get extremely lucky and got an invite only a week after applying.

There has been some noise on the VTT Beta boards that we need more invites sent out, but I haven't heard back.  Could be that something is brewing to be announced at Gen Con.

Hope to see you there in some games soon.  Cool 

Hopefully they invite more people soon. I'm really itching to give it a shot.
Hopefully.

I've asked for another big round of invites be done in the BETA Forums

yeah, I know of a couple people in the VT who have spouses/children/frien" href="http://community.wizards.com/dndbeta/go/thread/view/116549/28043177/I_think_we_are_due_for_another_big_round_of_invites">I think we are due for another big round of invites

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

There's already some 10,000 people that have been invited. With that many, you would think there would be enough so that no one would be thinking to ask that more people be invited.

I'm certainly not playing any games. I've played a few, I have my opinion about the table. I haven't seen anything added that makes me want to play. It's been months since there has been any real update to the table, or even much information from Josh. It's always, we are doing back and things.

The whole focus right now seems on being able to get it set up so people can join events, which will be paid for. I don't think that's a bad thing, but I do feel they are going to be dissappointed in the results, because the table is very lack luster.

The fun comes from the people. There is no guarentee that the random group of people you play with are going to be fun, if that's the route you take, which is the route and focus WoTC says they are going with the table. Though I'm sure that I will get told off again for putting words in their mouth, even thought that's what they have said.

The beta forums have a handful of people that are playing and that's about it.
There's already some 10,000 people that have been invited. With that many, you would think there would be enough so that no one would be thinking to ask that more people be invited.

Looks like you answered your own concerns on whether or not more beta testers are needed:

The beta forums have a handful of people that are playing and that's about it.

I guess that upcoming round of invites is necessary, after all, whatever speculations are attached.
Reflavoring: the change of flavor without changing any mechanical part of the game, no matter how small, in order to fit the mechanics to an otherwise unsupported concept. Retexturing: the change of flavor (with at most minor mechanical adaptations) in order to effortlessly create support for a concept without inventing anything new. Houseruling: the change, either minor or major, of the mechanics in order to better reflect a certain aspect of the game, including adapting the rules to fit an otherwise unsupported concept. Homebrewing: the complete invention of something new that fits within the system in order to reflect an unsupported concept. Default module =/= Core mechanic.
The problem stems from we have far too many "lookie loo" Beta Testers.  They opted in messed with it once or twice and walked away. What is needed is a dedicated group of people to actually play and run on the table.  As a generous estimate I would say that 500 to 600 of the 10,000 actually use the table on a regular basis.
That seems like a problem inherent to closed betas. A certain amount of beta testers are going to find the program doesn't suit their needs, or isn't what they expected, or what have you, and stop using it. If that's the case and Wizards doesn't want to go open beta, they should consider moving people out of the beta if they haven't accessed it for x amount of months and replacing those users with new ones.
The problem stems from we have far too many "lookie loo" Beta Testers.  They opted in messed with it once or twice and walked away. What is needed is a dedicated group of people to actually play and run on the table.  As a generous estimate I would say that 500 to 600 of the 10,000 actually use the table on a regular basis.

That is, of course, if you subscribe to the theory that there is a problem.  What you are describing is rather normal beta behavior of participants.  Most people just want to check out a beta, and will only stick around if it keeps their interest.  Even less are actively doing "beta" things like reporting back and testing.

This not being any type of computer game, it will be harder to maintain steady numbers.  You can't just sign in and join a game like you can a computer game.  People need to plan and schedule times.  People dropping at the last moment causes a session to collapse and leaves a bad taste in the others' mouths, making it less likely they will go through the hassle again.

I think the actual problem runs even deeper.

Bottom line, it's turning out no different than any other VT.  It's all sizzle, no steak.  They've really done nothing to set the VT apart from the rest of the pack, and with the snail's pace of development, people are losing interest.  

I just don't see any vision or passion in this product.  When development has these two things, it infects the community, just like disinterest does.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Reflavoring: the change of flavor without changing any mechanical part of the game, no matter how small, in order to fit the mechanics to an otherwise unsupported concept. Retexturing: the change of flavor (with at most minor mechanical adaptations) in order to effortlessly create support for a concept without inventing anything new. Houseruling: the change, either minor or major, of the mechanics in order to better reflect a certain aspect of the game, including adapting the rules to fit an otherwise unsupported concept. Homebrewing: the complete invention of something new that fits within the system in order to reflect an unsupported concept. Default module =/= Core mechanic.

The table is pretty much as it's going to be at launch. It works, it doesn't break down, it's not full bugs, they are working hard to fix all the importing issues. When they first started importing characters, I imported my play groups characters, and gave a detailed report about everything not working.

I recently checked, and it seems like all those problems are fixed. I didn't check all they characters about half.

But the table doesn't do anything to make my game easier to play. I have more then enough people to play face to face. Not to brag, but I have people asking if they can play, that I have to say no, because I can only run one campaign, and 5 players is just the right amount for me.

I understand the table is meant for people who can't get a game. I don't have a problem with that. However, that's their justification for why it's so feature less. It's kind of like saying, Since you are so desperate to play DnD, we really don't have to give you more then just this.

And, it's going to be for money, if you don't have a DDi account. Not sure how that works, because it means your are going to have to spend time setting up your character in the VT, rather then importing it from the CB.

So not sure how that's going to work. Maybe the paid for events will all be about pre gen characters and encounters. Who knows.

More likely the people who played a few games and then left, just didn't find it interesting and worth while.

YOU have to have voice chat, other wise it's like playing DnD by mail. It's slow, and you end up sitting there stairing at your unchanging screen while someone types. If someone is doing something like downloading/uploading files in the background, it effects that person quality of chat. Nothing WoTC can do about that. And nerds, are going to do things like that all the time.

If you don't know the other people, it makes it a little socially awkward. It's also on the internet, so it also allows people to use the safety of their keyboard to be jerks.

The fun comes from the people you play with, not the game it's self. If the people are fun and you like them, you could play Old Maid and have fun. I've walked away from the only campaign I knew going at times, because the people weren't fun. I've signed up for events at GenCon that stank, because some person I didn't know threw a hissy fit over not getting his way, and I've had great games with strangers, because the person was fun.

The VT can't guarentee fun. WoTC is hoping people forget that part, and think that being allowed to just play DnD will equal fun.
That seems like a problem inherent to closed betas. A certain amount of beta testers are going to find the program doesn't suit their needs, or isn't what they expected, or what have you, and stop using it. If that's the case and Wizards doesn't want to go open beta, they should consider moving people out of the beta if they haven't accessed it for x amount of months and replacing those users with new ones.

Like I said early.

In this case, the beta of the VT, it has everything it's pretty much going to have at launch. There have been a handful of added features.

It's mostly been tweaking, and recently rebuilding the whole art database aspect, because the original one, we are told it took 3-4 people several hours each to add even just one tile!

When you think about that, you can think:

"You paid a company to build you a table, that would need to accomodate a growing source of materials, like tiles, that requires such an massive effort to add even just one thing, so now you have to rebuild it"

OR

The company isn't being honest, and made up a reason why they won't add more tiles, in the face of overwhelming request for more tiles even in the beta.

Your choice. I can believe either myself.

SO, those people that came and dabbled and left, if because like you said, it didn't do what they wanted.

It's still not going to do what they wanted after launch. Everything we've gotten back from WoTC about features being added to the table has pretty much been, "We only want the basics"

The table is pretty much as it's going to be at launch.

Please stop passing your opinions for fact. No one knows how the VT will be when released. 

The VT can't guarentee fun. WoTC is hoping people forget that part, and think that being allowed to just play DnD will equal fun.

The D&D VT does nothing fun-wise that a D&D TT game doesn't. It aid, but doesn't guarantee fun. Its a medium. It achieve what it was built for pretty well though. Play D&D over the Internet. I've played dozens of games with hundread or more people from all over the world it has been a fantastic experience so far. 

You are right that the fun come from the people, like any other social activity. If you play with people you don't have fun with, or people you're playing with don't have fun with you, then D&D won't be as fun.

It's sad that your experience with VT wasn't as fun for you as for all the other BETA testers i have played with, and may be giving it another try would have been more fun for you if the problem was with the others. 

Wizards doesn't have to hope people forget that VT doesn't guarantee you will have fun for it knows dozens of games every week are played with people having fun and its just the way D&D is.  Negative people turn fun gaming experience into bad one. This for D&D, Monopoly or Clue. 

Yan
Montréal, Canada

The D&D VT does nothing fun-wise that a D&D TT game doesn't. It aid, but doesn't guarantee fun. Its a medium. It achieve what it was built for pretty well though. Play D&D over the Internet. I've played dozens of games with hundread or more people from all over the world it has been a fantastic experience so far. 

You are right that the fun come from the people, like any other social activity. If you play with people you don't have fun with, or people you're playing with don't have fun with you, then D&D won't be as fun.

It's sad that your experience with VT wasn't as fun for you as for all the other BETA testers i have played with, and may be giving it another try would have been more fun for you if the problem was with the others. 

Wizards doesn't have to hope people forget that VT doesn't guarantee you will have fun for it knows dozens of games every week are played with people having fun and its just the way D&D is.  Negative people turn fun gaming experience into bad one. This for D&D, Monopoly or Clue.

Yeah, no one can guarantee fun.  Wizards knows this better than anyone and they aren't trying trick into making anyone believe otherwise.  I don't think I've experienced any unpleasantness at all from people in VT sessions.  The people out looking to cause trouble and make things miserable for everyone tend to hang in the forums more than anywhere, armed with all the rotten produce they can gather and conjure, especially since they have a larger audience.

As a generous estimate I would say that 500 to 600 of the 10,000 actually use the table on a regular basis.

id actually say 100

Dane_McArdy

YOU have to have voice chat, other wise it's like playing DnD by mail. It's slow, and you end up sitting there stairing at your unchanging screen while someone types.

…why they won't add more tiles, in the face of overwhelming request for more tiles even in the beta.

I have to agree with you on these.

If you try to play without voice chat you are often overlooked by the table’s VC players, unless it your initiative.  I don’t now what the problem is but I can talk in Ventrilo and Skype, but not the VT – I can hear fine, but no voice capacity even switched to two different systems and have the had the same problem.

• Un-like other nerds, I dedicate myself to the gaming and do not do any background tasks.  I am there to play.

I have posted on this and the need for more tiles and other things, but have received no replies and have seen no useful updates.

Mithreinmaethor

The problem stems from we have far too many "lookie loo" Beta Testers.  They opted in messed with it once or twice and walked away. What is needed is a dedicated group of people to actually play and run on the table.

I see this problem stemming from the group of dedicated users.  The build-in feature for joining a group is being ignored for the greater party, and you have to haunt the forum or chat to find a game to be invited to.  The beta should not allow for private link-ups and force all games through its primary tool.  This will break these private cliques and open the beta to more of these “lookie loos” that cannot find a game.

The other problem is no-shows and drop outs.  I have experienced several players and DMs how have failed to appear or have been late, this is worse when it is the DM because the table doesn’t open at all.  Equally annoying is when the scheduled game ends before the time cap because some has to leave.  I’ve had several instances when we set a return date, but the table was never reopened.

The beta should not allow for private link-ups and force all games through its primary tool.  This will break these private cliques and open the beta to more of these “lookie loos” that cannot find a game.

The other problem is no-shows and drop outs.  I have experienced several players and DMs how have failed to appear or have been late, this is worse when it is the DM because the table doesn’t open at all.

ummm the reason for private link ups is bc of the no shows. you kind of counter your own point here. i would never again just open a random game; nearly every person that signs up doesnt show up. so yeah, ill keep my 'clique' games going bc they are responsible enough to show up

i have a list of about 50 players i have banned from my tables. they either were no shows or signed up to agonars' "this is not a game" table. i find that table very helpful in weeding out players. after all, if you arent even going to read a table description before you join, you cant really be trusted to show up either

@Morandir62:
All you mentioned are inherent flaws or shortcomings with any VT.

DDI should be focusing on the community aspect of the VT as much as it focuses on the table itself.  They need to make it easier for DMs and Players to gather and group up.  Groups, blogs, shared resources, etc. will allow people to communicate more efficiently.  They have some of that here, but they need something more polished and user friendly and noticeable.  DMs also need to have incentive to run campaigns, not just one-shot sessions, and a socially focused site can be designed to put campaigns on display (DMs tend to like their work on display ).

D&D needs a well-connected community to succeed, the VT even moreso.
Very true frothy.  No shows are a plague. 

I really think that if the VT had just more Tiles & Tokens, and the possibility to share Adventure, Maps and PC again, a lot more would stick around.

They took these Features away and never put in more Tiles & Tokens yet so DM are left up with working their adventures from the group up (Like a D&D TT) and are stuck with a very limited set of aids and arts. If there more of them and it was more easy to build map and adventures, more people would use the VT than we already do. 

I just wish you guys all could get in by tomorrow so we start running games like crazy !

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Very true frothy.  No shows are a plague. 

I really think that if the VT had just more Tiles & Tokens, and the possibility to share Adventure, Maps and PC again, a lot more would stick around.

They took these Features away and never put in more Tiles & Tokens yet so DM are left up with working their adventures from the group up (Like a D&D TT) and are stuck with a very limited set of aids and arts. If there more of them and it was more easy to build map and adventures, more people would use the VT than we already do. 

I just wish you guys all could get in by tomorrow so we start running games like crazy !

I'm looking for a campaign to be a part of.  The one-shots are just hollow to me.

But yes, it needs more resources.

@Frothsof

Strangely enough Agonar had one of the replays that never happened; guess I was banned for having no VC (it really is a problem). 

The premise of the VT is to give DMs and Players in isolation to get together, as well as private friends, where the testing is failing to get the 10,000 interested is that the “Open Session” feature itself is not being used. 

• Right now there is 1 VT game listed for “Open Session” and 4 in the Find a Campaign forum (without digging). 

Even with the VT feature you can still decline an invite to one on your banned list, so your reason for not using it is unjust in that sense. 

The fact that “Private” games will be available to the DM and their circle is not in question; it is the problem of the VT being used to bring isolated people together.  THIS is the reason I want the VT to succeed, I want to play with the unknown player.

@Frothsof

Strangely enough Agonar had one of the replays that never happened; guess I was banned for having no VC (it really is a problem). 

The premise of the VT is to give DMs and Players in isolation to get together, as well as private friends, where the testing is failing to get the 10,000 interested is that the “Open Session” feature itself is not being used. 

• Right now there is 1 VT game listed for “Open Session” and 4 in the Find a Campaign forum (without digging). 

Even with the VT feature you can still decline an invite to one on your banned list, so your reason for not using it is unjust in that sense. 

The fact that “Private” games will be available to the DM and their circle is not in question; it is the problem of the VT being used to bring isolated people together.  THIS is the reason I want the VT to succeed, I want to play with the unknown player.

first, no offense, but i dont allow players with no voice on my tables either. a mic costs 10 bucks or less at walmart and is unfair to other players when you dont have one. the game moves slow enough without having to wait on someone to type. i suggest play by post game for those unwilling to buy a mic

it was experience that taught me not to just open games. players sign up but dont show up. this happened many times in many games, and as a result, a few bad apples spoiled it for everyone. many dms i play with agree they will never just open a game to the public. it sucks that some people are unresponsible, but it is what it is.

many dms myself included will post a thread for players to post in to get an invite. it is clunky no doubt to have to do this but unfortunately there are a lot of sorry people in the beta. still, if you really want to play, check the forums daily and you should be able to find a game

as for the number of games right now, yeah basically few people are willing to dm. there was even a thread of 8 players recently asking for a dm. so many of us have suggested they invite the people that are posting wanting to play instead of just random. however, our voices are not being listened to

none of the major improvements that have been suggested have come to pass, save pc and monster import. tiles, uploading maps, adventure slots, are just a few of these. many testers dont even realize we used to be able to share adventures and save pcs to our cpus. these kind of things discourage dms from running games. my slots for saved adventuires have been full since they stopped letting us save them. if i make a new game, i have to delete something. so i just run one game now, instead of the multiple a week i used to do. blame wizards
I'm looking for a campaign to be a part of.  The one-shots are just hollow to me.

I understand bro. 

I wish i could run more of a campaign but my schedule is very chaotic, thats why i run one shots mostly and have only 1 campaign. But running one shots has also the great thing of allowing me to meet and play with new people all the time which is fun too. Wink

Hey i always  invite you to my games. If you ever feel like hopping in one time, please do.  Ok i nor WoTC can guarantee you will have fun, but you will have a good laught XD

Yan
Montréal, Canada

first, no offense, but i dont allow players with no voice on my tables either. a mic costs 10 bucks or less at walmart and is unfair to other players when you dont have one. the game moves slow enough without having to wait on someone to type. i suggest play by post game for those unwilling to buy a mic

None taken, but if “failing to read” is enough to get a ban by your standards; then I should ban you too. 

• As I mentioned before I have a mic and while it WORKS for Ventrilo and Skype it even works in DDO, the mic FAILS in the VT – not on one, but on three systems where it works just fine for other programs.

But making mistakes is human nature, so I will forgive and not ban you yet ;)
Did you check the Voice Options ?

Voice / Configure / Sound Output

And made sure you had the right one opted in ? Some are taken in charge by the Default System, others don't. Its a weird bug n your end though. In anyway, i would suggest you contact CustServ and give details of your machine. They might be able to help you.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

None taken, but if “failing to read” is enough to get a ban by your standards; then I should ban you too. 

• As I mentioned before I have a mic and while it WORKS for Ventrilo and Skype it even works in DDO, the mic FAILS in the VT – not on one, but on three systems where it works just fine for other programs.

But making mistakes is human nature, so I will forgive and not ban you yet ;)

youre close to making a good point here, except his table is titled "DO NOT JOIN!!! THIS IS NOT A GAME!!!!". with 10,000 + testers, i can afford to lose a few that dont read bold print table titles. doesnt bother me at all

i dont ban for no mic, i say 'you must have a mic to play'. this is just courtesy for others, nothing personal. when i say 'you must have a mic to play' its implied that it must be working. at least, i hope thats implied
Did you check the Voice Options ?

Voice / Configure / Sound Output

And made sure you had the right one opted in ? Some are taken in charge by the Default System, others don't. Its a weird bug n your end though. In anyway, i would suggest you contact CustServ and give details of your machine. They might be able to help you.

Been there done that and still awaiting a reply (3months) (also blasted back with the survey response)

i dont ban for no mic, i say 'you must have a mic to play'. this is just courtesy for others, nothing personal. when i say 'you must have a mic to play' its implied that it must be working. at least, i hope thats implied

Amounts to the same thing basically, still can’t play in Frothsof's game.  The exception being that when and if I get a mic to work in VT, I will be entitled.

I am polite enough to inform the DM, by PM, of my problem before I even join a session though, all so far have said its OK.
I think thats the right thing to do morandir26, until your mic problem is fixed. Letting the DM know is always best. Some DMs dont mind Pbp + Chat while others require mics.

For your issue, I would contact CustServ again to open another thikets or PM Josh.  

Best of luck bro.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

If your mic isn't working, that's a problem with your mic and the VT.  Submit a bug report so that it can be fixed, like a beta tester should do.  And by submit, I don't mean a CS email.  Post on the VT forums and/or send a PM to Wotc_Josh.  These sorts of basic functionality questions are the prime things that they are looking to fix.  So do your part, and help to get it fixed.

Until then, don't get pissy at people who want to properly manage the games they run.  It's not frothsof's problem that your mic doesn't work, and he's not a bad person for denying you access to his games.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition

I understand bro. 

I wish i could run more of a campaign but my schedule is very chaotic, thats why i run one shots mostly and have only 1 campaign. But running one shots has also the great thing of allowing me to meet and play with new people all the time which is fun too. 

Hey i always  invite you to my games. If you ever feel like hopping in one time, please do.  Ok i nor WoTC can guarantee you will have fun, but you will have a good laught XD

And it's appreciated. 

I'm in the same boat.  I'd love to host one, but I already host 2 campaigns: 1 in real life and 1 on FG.  This recently dropped from hosting 3, but hosting another one in a different format would just be too much. 

The table is pretty much as it's going to be at launch.

Please stop passing your opinions for fact. No one knows how the VT will be when released. 

Only this is what they have been telling us. That the VT pretty much has all the features they plan on having, and are just doing background work and setting it up so that people can pay to play.

Adding more tiles isn't the same as adding more features. If you have proof they plan on adding more features, rather then just refining current features and improving importing and setting up pay for play, please post that information. I read the beta forums, and so far, there hasn't been a "What we are working on" thread since last April.

The last bug report on the VT was 5 days ago. So either no one is caring to report bugs anymore, or that there isn't that many bugs left to report.

Since at GenCon they said they are close to doing open beta, that's generally the last test before releasing. When I was in beta's for a couple MMO's there was a strong healthy community going just before launch.

Not so here. Their attempt to start up a community ready to play before the release of the VT isn't going well.

The software works. So that's not the reason for why this community hasn't happened yet.

The fun I had in the sessions of the VT, came from the people, I was with.

The frustration I had with the vt, comes from both the VT and the people.

WoTC can't control people. And that's where the VT will first fail.

They wanted to develop an online community during this beta, but that clearly hasn't happened. It's a small group of people, who for the most part seem to be made up of the demographic they are going for, those people unable to find a game near them.

No shows seem to be a problem, I certainly know that a few of the games I played was because frothsof begged me to join, when others didn't show up.

I fully expect more tiles to be added before the VT is released. I doubt that more tiles is what is keeping some 9,500 beta testers from playing. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the table launches with just the tiles from the 3 boxed sets, and you have to buy other sets if you want them.

It basically comes down to this. Unless you need the VT to play DnD, it's more fun to just get a regular game up and going. It's more fun to see your friends face to face.

Only those who have no real choice but to us the VT are going to be attracted to it, it seems, and then you just simply have to take what they will give you.

They once said that every DDi member would be in that phase of the beta.

Maybe they are already close to that. Maybe the number shown for the DDi group is wrong.

I fully admit that I'm totally speculating. But it would make sense why they are waiting to send out more invites. Which was meant to happen the week of July 29th but some people were on vacation. An excuse for why they didn't get something done that's becoming more and more common. It's kind of like, the check is in the mail at this point.

Who's going to arguee that people should skip their vacation? No one of course. But it's amazing how so much shuts down at WoTC when a person goes on vacation. I wanna work for a company like that. I've always had to make sure that my work and deadlines are covered when I had jobs and took a vacation.

I do know of only two other people who have DDi subscription and I know a lot of people that play DnD.

I can also say I've talked way more then two people out of getting a DDi subscription. And since I will still have the old MB and CB once my subscription runs out I'll be fine. Since I serious doubt that there will be another tool before that happens.

Only this is what they have been telling us. That the VT pretty much has all the features they plan on having, and are just doing background work and setting it up so that people can pay to play.

Do you have a link ? I am participating actively in the BETA, and i can tell you that i never heard Josh saying even once, that the VT will be released, as it is.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Do you have a link ? I am participating actively in the BETA, and i can tell you that i never heard Josh saying even once, that the VT will be the one released, as is.

Just because I don't post in the beta forums, doesn't mean I'm not keeping myself up to-date. 

So far, all the monthly updates have been along the lines of, We fixed some bugs. The last time there was anything added that we could actually see was sound effects and tabs for the monster window. Like I said, refinements of current features, on 6/9. 

Of the ten blog entries they started doing around 5/5 instead of posting in the forums, only two mention anything about features that we can see changes on the front end. The rest tend to go like this:

This week’s VT downtime will happen as normal at 7am pacific time.  It will include a number of bug fixes.

Unless you know of anymore features they are planning to add, then yes, what the VT does now, is pretty much how it's going to be released. They will continue to refine what there already is.

But you and I both know, they have said that they are not planning on doing a feature heavy VT. I'm not going to play this game of give me a link or its not true with you, when it's pretty common knowledge that has been their stance all along.  

We've only been asked over and over, But do you really need a Fog of War feature to play? We don't want to force the rules on anyone. 

Since you are more up to-date then I am. Have they actually put in that feature you've asked for so many time, for tokens to automatically be marked bloodied when they are at half their hit points? 
So, because they haven't added new features, and instead have been doing work that makes adding new features easier, you claim they're never going to add new features?
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition

Do you have a link ? I am participating actively in the BETA, and i can tell you that i never heard Josh saying even once, that the VT will be the one released, as is.

Just because I don't post in the beta forums, doesn't mean I'm not keeping myself up to-date.

tl/dr

All Plaguescarred asked for was a link because he hasn't seen your claim posted.