The Blinker - an Eladrin Knight/Swordmage/Eldritch Knight/Marshal of Letherna

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
For a while I've been discussing the merits of the Eladrin Staff Knight using Staff of the Traveller to teleport all over the place.  At long last, I get around to posting.   So, without further ado, here is the build:

Show

The Blinker, level 30
Eladrin, Knight, Eldritch Knight, Marshal of Letherna
Knight Feature: Spinning Deflection
Knight Weapon Specialization: Bludgeoning Staff
Sun Elf: Wizard Implement Proficiency
Sworn to Duty: Sworn to Duty (Intelligence)
Background: Born Under a Bad Sign (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)
Theme: Iliyanbruen Guardian

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 18, Dex 12, Int 30, Wis 10, Cha 20.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 13.

AC: 46 Fort: 46 Reflex: 45 Will: 41
HP: 219 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 54

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +32, Intimidate +25, Diplomacy +25, Endurance +24, Athletics +21

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +16, Bluff +20, Dungeoneering +15, Heal +15, History +29, Insight +15, Nature +17, Perception +20, Religion +25, Stealth +16, Streetwise +20, Thievery +16

FEATS
Level 1: Melee Training (Intelligence) retrained to Intelligent Blademaster @ level 2
Level 2: Heart of the Blade
Level 4: Eladrin Swordmage Advance
Level 6: Superior Will
Level 8: Winterkin Heritage
Level 10: Staff Expertise
Level 11: Arcane Familiar (Dimensional Wisp)
Level 12: Martial Cross-Training (Come and Get It, retrained to Warrior's Urging at level 23)
Level 14: Winter's Reach
Level 16: World Serpent's Grasp
Level 18: Striking Resurgence
Level 20: Superior Fortitude
Level 21: Long Step
Level 22: Superior Initiative
Level 24: Superior Reflexes
Level 26: Armor Specialization (Hide)
Level 28: Weapon Focus (Staff)
Level 30: Martial Mastery

POWERS
Diversified Study: Twist of Space
Martial Cross-Training: Warrior's Urging
Knight at-will 1: Feywild Guardian
Knight utility 1: Defend the Line
Knight utility 1: Glimmering Blade
Knight utility 2: Glowering Threat
Knight utility 6: Blink Away OR Warp in the Weave
Knight utility 7: Cleaving Assault
Knight Utility 8: Shield Block
Knight utility 10: Clearheaded
Knight utility 16: Bolstering Stride
Knight utility 17: Measured Cut
Knight utility 22: Knight's Valor

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Eladrin Ring of Passage (paragon tier), Ring of Dimensional Escape (paragon tier), Eladrin Boots (paragon tier), Staff of the Traveler +6, Bracers of Mental Might (heroic tier), Eye of Awareness (epic tier), Belt of Vim (epic tier), Backlash Tattoo (heroic tier), Great Hero's Gauntlets (epic tier), Horn Tusk Voidhide +6, Cloak of Translocation +6, Lenses of the Luminary (epic tier), Homing Collar, Farbond Spellblade Longsword +6.

Goals of the build: teleportation.  As much as possible.  In more detail, using tricks of teleportation to aid allies, and keep yourself alive.  You have a total boost to our teleports of +6 (Eladrin Ring of Passage 2, Ring of Dimensional Escape 1, Eladrin Boots 2, Dimensional Wisp 1), and can therefore teleport 8 as a move action, thanks to the combination of Staff of the Traveller and Long Step.  You can also, optionally, teleport  up to 8 squares to a square adjacent to an enemy you hit, or the same distance to any square, when you hit an enemy, as well as slowing and auto-minion-popping.  A broad range of teleportation powers allow you to keep Cloak of Translocation's defence boosts up pretty much constantly.  When you're closing in on going down, make sure you're in Measured Cut stance, then you can use Horn Tusk Armour's ImmInt MBA to teleport away and invalidate the hit.  Just for fun.

Principal tactics:

Deep Strike - the first attack to damage you, causes Winter's Shroud to go off.  This teleports you, and an adjacent melee ally, up to 21 squares, which should get you into the midst of basically any enemy formation, assuming a clear line of sight, and give you +2 all, and another +2 AC/Ref on top of that.  Then, on your turn, Glowering Threat + Come and Get It or Warrior's Urging ensures you'll keep the enemies on you.  Winter's Heart then makes any enemy who hits you, slowed, which combines with Marshal of Letherna's benefit to render you a more-or-less inescapable vortex.  It's a pity about the Dazing Rebuke Syndrome on Winter's Heart though, and it might be sacrificable, and World Serpent's Grasp is a good alternative.
Action-denial punishment - your punishment interrupts with a teleport, which means an ally adjacent to you can be snatched from harm's way automatically if the attack has reach 1.  If the attack's reach is longer, or the ally isn't adjacent, you have to hit the target, at which point Measured Cut lets you snatch the ally completely out of reach, or Power Strike lets you abscond with the attacker, or before 20th, push him one way, and blink off in the other direction with your ally in tow.  It's not guaranteed action denial, especially with ranged attacks or area effects, but it's very nice to have.  The teleport as part of the punishment also gives you a chance to remain adjacent to the target, and keep the aura penalty on him when he attacks, should he choose to shift away.
The Nova Turn - Eladrin Swordmage Advance is key to the nova turn for this build.  He doesn't have masses of static damage, unfortunately, as he has to sacrifice IAoP in order to use Warrior's Urging/C&GI, but his encounter nova can still be reasonably potent, featuring as it does 3 MBAs, one with power strike, versus the same target each time, or up to two area burst powers, which do not provoke OAs.
Warp in the Weave - One problem I've found with Knights is that, if positioning is not in your favour, it's easy to use big blast powers to get past their aura and punishment.  This neat little power allows you to get right in the way of that 1/enc, punishing your enemy for including you in a blast with your allies.  It's doubly nice if you can use it to shield a fallen ally by sharing his square, as it exempts your square as well as you personally.  The cost is high, but you shouldn't be too close to running out of surges.  Blink Away (Iliyanbruen Guardian U2) is a nice alternative, but it's relatively unlikely that you'll need it when you have Winterkin Heritage.

Problems:

Accuracy - your accuracy suffers somewhat throughout your adventuring career, due to using a +2 proficiency weapon, with a high level/cost.  You make up for this by staying on the enemy and keep your penalties around.
Arcane Implement Proficiency - not a problem at all any more, thanks to the Sun Elf racial options from NCS.  Trading Longsword prof for Staff Implement prof?  Yes, please and thank you.
Damage - Staffs have a small die, and you lose out on IAoP thanks to needing Bracers of Mental Might.  The godsworn boon 'Kord's Mighty Strength' can be of great assistance here 1 enc/day, but don't forget, your principal threat is more the complete invalidation of attacks, than it is pure damage.  Being a Knight also helps a little, thanks to Weapon Talent.  Picking up Weapon Focus earlier would also help a lot.
Defences - they're not the absolute pinnacle, but Cloak of Translocation definitely helps.  Will's a little low too, unfortunately, but the necessity of seeing in the dark prevents you from grabbing one of the many head slots which would help out there.  Unusually, you also wear Hide, because as an INT-primary character, you're better off with it than with Plate past about 15th level.
Enemy Teleports - your Dimensional Pet familiar can help here 1/enc.  But you do struggle a bit, like most Knights, if the enemy insist on teleporting away.  Snagging a Feyslaughter Quarterstaff as a backup weapon certainly couldn't hurt.
Forced Movement - as with most Knights, this hurts you a lot, but repositioning is much less problematic for you than for most.  If you find it a problem, trading a feat somewhere for Reactive Fey Step should help - Probably Eladrin Swordmage Advance, given that they don't play well together.
Item Reliance - this one's a build-maker/build-breaker situation.  Playing in a setting where items aren't a problem, you shouldn't have trouble putting together everything you need - but the build doesn't really start until 5th level when Staff of the Traveller becomes available, and only really starts to take off in mid paragon when you start to stack up the teleportation extenders.  It suffers a little in LFR play too, unfortunately, for the lack of the Eladrin Ring of Passage.  It's functional without the items, but in that instance you're far better off building a much more traditional Knight, sticking to Hammers, and not really paying so much attention to the teleportation side of things.
Ranged Attacks - can be a weakness for Knights.  Fortunately, you're a Swordmage, so your Farbond Spellblade Longsword functions as a backup weapon and a ranged weapon using INT for the RBA roll, plus you can get hold of it if you're captured or whatever from up to a mile away.
Vision - depending on your interpretation, you lose the ability to teleport if you're Blinded/otherwise can't see.  The Darkvision from Lenses of the Luminary certainly helps, and if the worst comes to the worst, burning 2 out of its 3 charges gets you Truesight, which should help a great deal in a pinch.

My question: does anyone know of an item in a non-essential slot (so, basically, armour, waist, tattoo or hands, maybe head in a pinch) that gives an encounter psionic teleportation power, in order not to waste the item power from Staff of the Traveller?

Still to come: possibly, an image.  Possibly, a discussion of attacks and damage, some calculations etc.  I'll reserve a post.  But this is basically what I was going for.

Apologies for spelling, I wrote this in Notepad++, which lacks a spell check facility.  I've put it through the forum one, but some mistakes may still have slipped through.

EDIT: updated with Neverwinter Campaign Setting information.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.

Some maths:

Encounter max teleport in one turn with AP (assuming Timely Teleport instead of WSG):
- Immediate Reaction: Winter's Shroud - 13 plus extenders
- Minor Action: Fey Step - 5 plus extenders, bring 2 allies, ESA MBA - Measured Cut 2 plus extenders
- Move Action: Eldrtich Leap - 10 plus extenders
- AP Standard: Far Step Extension - 10 plus extenders, MBA - Measured Cut 2 plus extenders
- Standard: Second Wind - Striking Resurgence MBA - Measured Cut 2 plus extenders, Timely Teleport 10 plus extenders.

Total of 55 + (8*6) = 55 + 48 = 103 in one round.  Does require enemies spaced appropriately, though, but for all of the attacks apart from Eladrin Swordmage Advance, we do have reach.

Without any resource expenditure at all, we can manage teleport 16 without attacking, or with an MBA and a hit.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
I like it a lot! Awesome concept.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Updated with some shiny goodies from Neverwinter Campaign Setting.  No need for AIP: staff any more :D
Terrain advantage = you have CA against every enemy with in 2. 

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Just curious, but with Come and Get It/Warrior's Urging requiring attack rolls for getting everyone adjacent to you, is there a reason to keep it with low Str?  It could get some lucky rolls in, but overall you'll be -3 to -7 to hit compared to a normal Str-based Fighter/Knight.  The fact that it targets Will helps a lot, but is it enough?
Just curious, but with Come and Get It/Warrior's Urging requiring attack rolls for getting everyone adjacent to you, is there a reason to keep it with low Str?  It could get some lucky rolls in, but overall you'll be -3 to -7 to hit compared to a normal Str-based Fighter/Knight.  The fact that it targets Will helps a lot, but is it enough?

He uses Int when he uses them because of his bracers.

He uses Int when he uses them because of his bracers.

Ahhh, I missed that.  Thanks Alcestis!
Terrain advantage = you have CA against every enemy with in 2. 

Hmm, that would be a good use of a feat slot at epic.  Maybe a retrain from an earlier one.  WSG is probably the most sacrificable.

Updated with a little maths.  Encounter max teleport with AP (and a little reliance on co-operative enemy positioning and being hit and damaged) 103 squares.  This could theoretically be more given opportunity attacks/aura punishments, but I thought including those would be a little OTT given that they would rely so much on co-operative enemies.

Still.
I really enjoy the concept for this build. I took an opportunity today to try and build it in the Character Builder, and while looking at some of the items, I'm concerned about how Staff of the Traveler actually works in this situation.

Property: Whenever you shift, you can instead teleport the number of squares you would have shifted. 

Based on the wording, wouldn't this mean you can only teleport 2 squares (Shift + Long Step), or is it because it changes the movement to teleporting that the items increase it then?
The teleport boosters almost all work on the teleports from Staff of the Traveller.
I love this concept, especially seeing as how sensitive to positioning the knight's mark is.

I'm trying to recreate it in the online builder but I can't seem to manage getting the arcana training necessary for the eldritch knight PP. Has it got something to do with the Neverwinter campaign setting?
Please advise.

Edit: Nevermind. Figured out it was the eladrin education racial trait -I was just stuck trying seeing how/if it would work as a Revenant for increase survivability.
You can always pick up Arcana from Blade Initiate if you want - but I think Heart of the Blade has more potential utility.  Being able to summon your backup weapon to hand seems more likely to me to be useful than being able to boost your AC whilst wielding it for an encounter.
I like this idea, especially with the use of truesight, since it allows teleport to places noone else can get to. Is there a way of boosting this aspect of the build. IMO it's not the distance of the teleport that should be the main focus, but how you can use it. Being able to teleport insane distances is pointless if you arrive at your destination with nothing to do xD

"Erm, now I'm on this cliff that's impossible to get to... what now?... Well at least my enemies can't hit me until it's my turn again..."

EDIT:
Ways of gaining truesight:
Have a cleric that for some reason took Godsight at level 10 instead of Reverent Mettle
Have a level 22 invoker that for some reason took Invoke Sight instead of Invoke Heroism
Have the Cosmic Soul ED (prereq: psionic class)
Have more than 6 Lenses of the Luminary (one for each encounter in a day)

...nevermight, scratch the "truesight is cool" idea, it was never meant to be  

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Look at my Playable Illithid, my Monster Generating excel file , my Lifestealer in progresss (Heroic tier almost complete!) , our Improved Orc, our Improving Kenku and our Improving Duergar
Also, take a look at my friend's Improved Minotaur, Gadren's amazing Arcane Archer and of course the Avatar Project
More links! Qube's Block Builder, Classless D&D and the characters I've created using the classless system.
That's TheOp for you :P

It's not really intended to be practical.  IN practical play, I would/have skip(****) out on Measured Cut early on in favour of Cleaving Assault, and wouldn't get Winter's Reach at all, in favour of World Serpent's Grasp.  I'm also going to be fitting in Ring Mail proficiency, to use Eladrin Chainmail :D

But in general, this guy focuses mostly on using his teleportaxi abilities to get his allies into and out of trouble, set up charges etc etc etc.
I re-read how this knight works, and I really like it. The ability to teleport allies is probably fun to watch and even more enjoying to play xD
Impressive build, man ^^ 

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Look at my Playable Illithid, my Monster Generating excel file , my Lifestealer in progresss (Heroic tier almost complete!) , our Improved Orc, our Improving Kenku and our Improving Duergar
Also, take a look at my friend's Improved Minotaur, Gadren's amazing Arcane Archer and of course the Avatar Project
More links! Qube's Block Builder, Classless D&D and the characters I've created using the classless system.
Do you think you will replace the Horn Tusk armor with Eladrin Ringmail? (counts as light armor, but also counts as chain)
Definitely.

Indeed, I said as much two posts up ;)

I need to update the build a little.
Ah sorry, skimmed over it. Embarassed I really like the build though, I was actually looking for something like this to use in an upcoming campaign because I swore the next character I played was going to be Int-based so I could be competent at Arcana and I'm playing a defender again and Swordmage doesn't appeal much to me. In regard to accounting for the new Ringmail Prof. feat I was thinking 6th would be a good level to pick it up shifting Superior Will to 8 and dropping either Winterkin Heritage or Arcane Familiar. Then you could trade Winter's Reach for Skill Power and get Warp in the Weave AND Blink away.
Nah - Plate gets you better AC until mid Paragon.
Nah - Plate gets you better AC until mid Paragon.

What changes at mid-Paragon?
RS: 60/60 CS: 60/60 RotS: 60/60 U:60/60 CotF: 60/60 BH: 60/60 A&E: 51/60 TFU: 53/60 LotF: 37/60 KotOR: 37/60 CW: 26/40 IE: 31/40 JA: 17/40 G@W: 7/40 DT: 7/40 Good trades with: Lily_Wan, creme_brule, suki_jedi_apprentice, Ephant_Mon
Your INT mod gets high enough to start being equivalent to Plate when you're in Ringmail.
Your INT mod gets high enough to start being equivalent to Plate when you're in Ringmail.

Does Ringmail benefit from a masterwork bonus I'm not accounting for?

Maybe I'm doing my math wrong, but it seems like plate will always be 1-2 points better than INT+Hide or Ringmail. And that could very well be acceptable.
RS: 60/60 CS: 60/60 RotS: 60/60 U:60/60 CotF: 60/60 BH: 60/60 A&E: 51/60 TFU: 53/60 LotF: 37/60 KotOR: 37/60 CW: 26/40 IE: 31/40 JA: 17/40 G@W: 7/40 DT: 7/40 Good trades with: Lily_Wan, creme_brule, suki_jedi_apprentice, Ephant_Mon
hide + 20 starting int = plate
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
hide + 20 starting int = plate

A-ha! I was starting with an 18 INT. Hide will end up being 1 better than Ring with Armor Specialization (Hide), but you won't be able to grab the Eladrin Armor enchantment, which is pretty sweet...
Mm, with a build like this which requires basically no secondary stat (one of your fixed powers references CON - Shield Block) you're always better off with a starting 20, especially if you can wangle it into affecting your AC.  Losing out on armour spec is an annoying oversight on Wizards' part.  There should be a usable feat bonus to AC out there somewhere, but Cloak of Translocation makes up for that and the lack of a heavy shield level AC/Ref bonus.
I'm making a sword 'n board variation on this build, which will probably teleport less. I might get a Mithrendain longsword instead of Eladrin armor. I think the teleporting benefit is the same...

It doesn't look like I'll be able to work Ringmail proficiency in until at least 11th or 12th level, but I'll definitely have the CON to qualify for Hide Specialization if I want it.

The armor spec requirements always seemed a little odd to me, especially chain. If you have a high enough DEX to qualify for it, chances are, your DEX is high enough to just be using light armor instead. Maybe it's meant more for Tempest Technique and Battlerager fighters who don't constantly bump DEX and gain a benefit to being in Chain?
Honestly?  If you're not taking advantage of the staff, I'd be inclined towards Hammers or Fails rather than a sword.  Much better support.
How does this build allow you to teleport your allies away?  I'm sure its a simple answer, but I'm just not seeing it.
Feywild Guardian works when an adjacent ally is attacked within your aura, by a creature with reach 1 or less - you teleport, basically anywhere, to a square adjacent to the attacker (and preferably, also to other mobs which haven't yet acted this round), and the ally comes with you thanks to Eldritch Knight's 11th feature.  When you arrive, you drop them in a space one square from the attacking monster, they are no longer in reach, the attack is negated.

If it does have reach, then Measured Cut allows you to shift to a nonadjacent space after you hit the mob, which then allows you to teleport away thanks to Staff of the Traveler, carrying the targetted ally with you, they are no longer in reach, attack negated.  In practice, however, I've usually found the Defend The Line with WSG is much more practical.
while it's expensive feat-wise, using a build quite similar to this I've found it worthwhile to martial cross training / Novice Power to get Dimensional Vortex. Using cherry picked interrupts and reactions, it's easy to bring along double punishments for several rounds, or else use the ranged ones to extend your defender abilities beyond your aura and to pull mobs into it. 
Very useful, but very, very expensive on a build that needs two feats normally just to function smoothly.
I've been playing around with a very similar build for a while, and having a blast with it. Great to see the concept taken up to Level 30, so thank you for that.

My character is at 12 right now, and one item that I've been enjoying is the Farslayer Quarterstaff (Power - Standard Action: Make a melee basic attack with this weapon against a target up to 5 squares away from you.). With the Glimmering Blade stance and a couple boosters, it's one more way to position yourself where you want to be on the field on top of your standard Move action. Decent alternative if you can't get the Staff of the Traveler.
If you're not using SoTraveler, there's really no point in using a Staff at all.  Use a Hammer.  Staff of the Traveller is what makes the Blinker, blink.  If you can't get it, the Eladrin Knight will work fine with a more standard Knight layout (pick a non-attack Wizard power with Eldritch Knight.  Charm of Misplaced Wrath is great off-hand, but there are others), and be either more accurate or more damaging, or both.

Staff is the single worst Knight weapon, with that one exception.
Two things to look at that I did not see in your build

Elven Chain ShirtLevel 9+ Uncommon

This fine mesh of mithral links is no more burdensome than a cotton shirt, yet is stronger than steel.

Lvl 94,200 gpLvl 292,625,000 gp
Lvl 19105,000 gp

Wondrous Item

Property

You gain a +1 item bonus to AC while wearing this shirt with light armor or no armor.     Level 19: +2 item bonus.     Level 29: +3 item bonus.

Eladrin ArmorLevel 3+ Uncommon

Crafted by master eladrin armorsmiths, the fine links of this chainmail sparkle in even the faintest light.

Lvl 3+1680 gpLvl 18+485,000 gp
Lvl 8+23,400 gpLvl 23+5425,000 gp
Lvl 13+317,000 gpLvl 28+62,125,000 gp

Armor: Chain

Enhancement Bonus: AC

Properties

• Add 1 square to the maximum distance of any teleport you make.     Level 13 or 18: Add 2 squares     Level 23 or 28:Add 3 squares

• This armor has no speed or skill check penalties.

Published in Player's Handbook, page(s) 230.

Grab the armor via ringmail proficiency? 

I simply haven't updated the build since before MME was released.  Rest assured, they should be in there.
Another new thing since Heroes of the Feywild: once you reach Epic, you no longer need a Staff of the Traveler. There's a feat named Fey Shift (prerequisite 21st level, fey origin or Fey Bond feat), that lets you teleport up to 2 squares as a move action.
Not much of a point to swap everything if you've been playing since level one, but if for some reason you start at Epic that's a very good option.
Yeah, I switched out to that at Epic too.

I must update this build.