Dhojakt image/mini help

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dhojakt, crown prince of Nibenay, is a prominent NPC in, the Walker Kings, our long-running 4E Dark Sun game (1 year is long for 4E right now I think). I think he's a cool character and perfect paragon-level antagonist, so I'm quite surprised that no one has yet attempted to draw/skecth the half-cilops. 

Or maybe I've missed something. Do you know where I can find an image that can pass for Dhojakt?

Also, I'm looking for a good way to represent the guy in the game table. WCS, I'll just custom-make a token once I find a suitable image. But I'm willing to work on a mini, too, if anything close to a large-sized, half man half centipede is out there in the market.

(Why don't I just do a Google search? Well frankly, I'm afraid to type in "centipede man" or "human centipede" because of the existence of a certain disturbing B-movie. >.>)

Thanks in advance! 
Me Kruzko, me bard... And me sing song for you! Explore Philippine Mythology for your 4E game, and visit us at Nosfecatu Publishing!
Arg! My eyes!

This is the closet thing I got that resembles a humanoid insect that is not a thri-kreen and is a bit unnatural, don't bother searching human centipede it only comes up with the movie, that also includes "Half human, Half centipede". This was found using "Humanoid Centipede", if you just use the face you should be good for a token:

Ant Farm
Thanks for looking, D.E.R.H. (And another thanks for going through all those "human centipede" images! *shudder*) If I can't find a human-centipede muscle-bound guy artwork by the time the party faces him, I will most likely do what you suggested. :-) And even if I don't, the art can work for one of the sorcerer-kings!

Me Kruzko, me bard... And me sing song for you! Explore Philippine Mythology for your 4E game, and visit us at Nosfecatu Publishing!
Was it return of the mummy that had the first appearance of the scorpion king in it? That would do- half scorpion and half man. With a little photoshop it can be doable
These are all I could find.  I actually like the first one the best.  Ad a couple more leg segments and there you go.
Quick photo-paint I give you Dhojakt, Prince of Nibenay!
A Dhojakt mini would be cool, but so far I haven't found anything close. Maybe a Reaper Maralith, wereserpents, werescorpion or the like, but you would have to do some custom work to get all of those legs on there.

It would be much easier he were medium size. Regular D&D scorpion with a body glued on top would be okay, but not the greatest.
Of the images posted, I prefer the black centipede version the most. I imagine Dhojakt as a half-man half centipede, in the same general configuration and aesthetics as the Yaun-Ti Abomination. Lower half is centipede with legs slowing tapering off into a powerfully built man-like torso. If I remember correctly, in City Under the Sand, he is decribed as having a single eye. This suggests that he is half-man and half-cilops - this probably gives him considerable natural psionic power.
Of the images posted, I prefer the black centipede version the most. I imagine Dhojakt as a half-man half centipede, in the same general configuration and aesthetics as the Yaun-Ti Abomination. Lower half is centipede with legs slowing tapering off into a powerfully built man-like torso. If I remember correctly, in City Under the Sand, he is decribed as having a single eye. This suggests that he is half-man and half-cilops - this probably gives him considerable natural psionic power.

I actually am reading that book right now, He's described as having two Cilop shaped eyes. Says something about them being a pair.
Ant Farm
You might find this thread inspirational. The guy here has taken various minis and cut them/glued them/repainted them together. I could see this working well for your needs. The thread links to his site, complete with translated how-to explanations.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

I actually am reading that book right now, He's described as having two Cilop shaped eyes. Says something about them being a pair.

Two cilops eyes! I guess I filled in that part, because the Cilops is monocular.