At last!! The AT-PT

I actually got one, friends; the first representation of this vehicle EVER, and it even works acceptably for a gaming mini! The AT-PT is produced by our Brit friends at Deagostini, and I scored it at Things From Another World.

These are both poor photos (my camera fogged up outside!), but they prove what I say. If anyone even cares about this sort of thing on these sad boards anymore, I'll post a better shot later.
Cool, eh? I plan to possibly get another and actually mount it on a Large SWM base.
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Scale video that I made with darthvaughn: " SW Minis Scale video Starship Modeler website. Jeff Russel's incredible STARSHIP DIMENSIONS website, with our favourite vehicles, vessels & critters from multiple sources, shown to scale. SQUADRON MODEL's Sci-Fi model kits section. How to make a model conversion to an Old Republic frigate.
Despite the slowness of the forum I personally would love to see some more pics.

I love the mini, looks great and nicely to scale (well acceptable anyway).  How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks for sharing.
At last we will have our revenge.
A meagre $16.20.
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Scale video that I made with darthvaughn: " SW Minis Scale video Starship Modeler website. Jeff Russel's incredible STARSHIP DIMENSIONS website, with our favourite vehicles, vessels & critters from multiple sources, shown to scale. SQUADRON MODEL's Sci-Fi model kits section. How to make a model conversion to an Old Republic frigate.
Believe it or not this is the second time this vehicle has been released as a miniature.  West End Games produced one as well for their 25mm STAR WARS line.  I have one and it's pretty nice.
It's not enough that you succeed, others must fail!!! Miniatures' collection Rebel Storm through Jedi Academy complete! Galaxy at War 0/40 Dark Times 0/40 Masters of the Force 0/40
@Imperator58,
I'd like to see the re-basing photos, and some more photos.
I have to thank you as well, for introducing me to the Revell Snap Tite range (and my new metahobby) Laughing
Although my partner rues the day you took those photos over on the scale model kit thread... haha

Im thinking that a lot of the Revell WW2 kits, which are relatively cheap... could be converted into star warsy vehicles.
Im interested to see if anyones made a corvette or cruiser, etc in 1/48th (which is the standard approx for our figures)

Great find, and thanks for keeping the hobby (and these boards) alive

Kobayashimaru
Believe it or not this is the second time this vehicle has been released as a miniature.  West End Games produced one as well for their 25mm STAR WARS line.  I have one and it's pretty nice.

Did they?! I have almost every figure mini from that line, but they did later make some vehicles and I ignored those, so that one went right past me. 'Course, in those days I had no idea what an AT-PT was, so it wouldn't have mattered to me. Cool!
Okay, here's some taken off the back deck on a lovely day:

Atop the tub

Ready to invade the neighbors!

On deck
Here's "what you get" with one of these things (or any Deagostini offering).

The model comes with a plastic case and a magazine. The mag centers on the model subject, but covers a lot of other stuff too; f'rinstance, this one also had articles on Thrawn, Rogue Squadron and the Katana Fleet (among other things).

The mags all have a gatefold. Here's a sorta vague shot of the one for the AT-PT.

Once I can get a second one (TFAW is sold out at this time and BBTS & Entertainment Earth have them showing in Sept), I'll remount it to a Large minis base. Until then, perhaps someone could create a card!
What? No pictures of the AT-PT attacking the dogs?
IMAGE(http://home.comcast.net/~jps201/mst3k_files/ms_seats.gif) "An opinion is not a right to be express whenever it is false/incorrect/a lie." -LOL
A great looking vehicle for a great price with a cool mag, what a deal.  Someone definitely needs to do up a card.
At last we will have our revenge.
What? No pictures of the AT-PT attacking the dogs?

You shoulda seen me chasing Mara with the R/C Hailfire! Good entertainment.
Oh man, that is awesome. I love the AT-PT, so it's great to see it in a scale that's close enough to SWM. One of my local hobby shops actually gets these things in every now and then, so I'll have to swing by and check on it. In the meantime, I think I'll whip up a card in anticipation. Can't wait to see this thing with the rest of my Imperials Thanks for the report!
Thank you for that! I always loved that machine. I missed out on the WEG one back in the day, and it would've been way out o' whack with the WotC stuff, anyway!

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

As always Imperator, we can count on you to keep us updated on new SW models. Thanks! Wink

This is great, i love the AT-AP. And it's always nice to get some new vehicles to use for mass battles or something. I'm going to track one down online and mount it on a large base i think.
One final pic.
Darth Vaughn and I were discussing doing a scale VIDEO (his idea), sort of a primer on scale, how to figure it, what else would work for the minis game (and, as an aside, what IS in the minis game that's way off!).
In preparation for this, I took every one of my 19 DeAgostini vehicles (starting point) and determined their scales as best I could. The AT-PT, at three meters (and 63mm for the mini) shows up as almost exactly 1/48 scale. This is actually close enough for the minis game, but the actual scale is demo'd by this (unpainted) fighter pilot:

Kind of a snug ride, but... yeah, it'd work.
@Imperator58 ---warning: slight thread derail---
Yeah thats interesting how sometimes a 1/48 kit or vehicle works, and other times theyre a fraction too big...
I seem to remember a discussion on another thread on these boards about the scale of vehicles, and the consensus that there really aught to be a 1/52nd or 1/53rd scale vehicle range.

How do you 'scale' your minis? Myself, I compare the rough scale in the minis (200cm/3.8cm = 52.346...) to come up with 1:52 and a third scale for most minis, given that the game is approximately 38mm scale to 2m tall people.

An LAAT/i gunship should be about 36.4cm long in this scale (tracing a straight line from the tip of the nose to perpendicular with the end of the tail:not including the turrets). My custom ARC v1 Gunship is 35.7cm, a variation of .7cm or about 4m's when upscaled. Not too bad for a first attempt. Laughing
I found that, using this scale, that the Revell snaptites you introduced me to a while back are by and large correct scale. Laughing
Slave 1 sadly is a fraction too small...

The Venator star destroyer, if produced at a scale close to compatible with the SWM's (38mm), would be a massive real world 15.64m in length! It would weigh something in the order of a pool table (assuming the vehicle was fully loaded, with working lights, miniature vehicles etc). I think i'll have to save a project of that scale for after I retire... Laughing

juankplastik.blogspot.com/ This (if someone hasnt seen/posted it before) is one scary thread! Most of the vehicles are between 1:48 - 1:53 scale, with the exception of the SPHA walker (which is still awesome, as seen in the photos...)

Anywho, hope the hunt for vehicles etc continues, and if anyone derives blueprints that they might be able to share (for frieghters/vehicles) that would be awesome Laughing
In preparation for this, I took every one of my 19 DeAgostini vehicles (starting point) and determined their scales as best I could.

Aside from the AT-PT, was any of them close to SWM scale?
Of the ones I have, just the Escape Pod.
@Imperator58 ---warning: slight thread derail---
Yeah thats interesting how sometimes a 1/48 kit or vehicle works, and other times theyre a fraction too big...
I seem to remember a discussion on another thread on these boards about the scale of vehicles, and the consensus that there really aught to be a 1/52nd or 1/53rd scale vehicle range.

How do you 'scale' your minis? Myself, I compare the rough scale in the minis (200cm/3.8cm = 52.346...) to come up with 1:52 and a third scale for most minis, given that the game is approximately 38mm scale to 2m tall people.

The official Star Wars Minis scale is 34mm.  That is pretty much equivalent to 1/52.  Most sources I find state that 35mm is 1/52, so it's pretty darn close.  Imperator58 and I did some measuring, and though there are some figures that are off scale, for the most part 34mm was accurate.  I believe there are examples in the scale thread.  We did our math based on a 6 foot human (~182 cm) and got something around 53 (182/3.4), so those numbers are pretty close to yours.  I'm pretty sure that's one things we will present in the video.
IMAGE(http://home.comcast.net/~jps201/mst3k_files/ms_seats.gif) "An opinion is not a right to be express whenever it is false/incorrect/a lie." -LOL
@Darthvaughn,
Whoa, our two methods are incredibly close, differing only by about [1 root 3] between my calculations and the others.
That variation probably explains why sometimes 1:48 kits work, and other times 1:60/1:74 kits work.

Now that im confident of the scaling, may the vehicles begin! I'll probably have a bunch of figures churned out by Xmas...
Interestingly, the Twighlight is a little longer than a LAAT/i standard pattern, but its wider and deeper...
Ive found that sprue from the Revell kits, together with those green and blue screw dowell (like Ikea or Walmart furniture) make great turrets...

Any handy things that you've found darthvaughn in relation to vehicle kits? Ive read some of the archives, but i was wondering about more recent events Laughing

Im really itching to make a squadron of V19s... i just need styrene or acrylic sheets big enough for the job.

Kobayashimaru
Looks great! Company name sounds familiar, didn't they do some terrains for Star Wars minis?
Shaper & Maker galleries
Good memory, and yes - apparently they did a series of "magazines" that had some kind of fold-up play areas for SWM and came with a handful of minis each. I say "apparently" because in all my repeated & continual searches on eBay for "Deagostini Star Wars," not a single one of those gaming mags has ever turned up.
I recall people griping that the line was badly mismanaged, and it was cancelled in fairly short order, leaving angry players with incomplete subscriptions.
Sounds like a cool concept though, eh?
Yes, that was a real missed opportunity. Modular, fold-up 3D scenery for SWM would have been a blast. I'd even have bought multiple copies of each magazine to ensure I had lots of walls and corridors to draw from.

I know that several folks have made their own great-looking stuff available online, but I just can't be bothered to take all that stuff down to the printer's... 

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

Great job and good score, Man I would love to get ahold of one of those. Definitly need the custom for this in the next Vset
Where can you actually get one of these? Everywhere i look you can only preorder them, and i've seen several different release dates. Kind of strange.
Apparently I got lucky. Obviously it HAS been released, since I got one, but I want a second to mount to a minis-game base and I can't find one anywhere, either. I've been looking on TFAW (Things From Another World), BBTS (Big Bad Toy Store), Entertainment Earth and eBay, all with no joy. Frown
HERE'S YOUR CHANCE, MUGS!
"TFAW," Things from Another World, has 'em in right now. I just ordered my #2 (along with an AT-TE on sale). Don't know how many they have - so get on it!
www.tfaw.com/Search?_results_use_stopwor...=
If the link doesn't work, when you go to TFAW search "Star Wars coll mag."
Thanks Imperator!! There was only one left, so i snatched it as quick as i could Laughing

I still think it's really strange that they seem to be out of stock everywhere. I'm curious if they're really that popular, or if something has gone wrong somewhere. Anyways, if you stumble upon another one, i'd like to know. It's a cool vehicle, and i'd like at least two of them, so i'll keep hunting for one more.
LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!

Got my #2 AT-PT, rebased it and took some quickie shots of it 'in it's element' on one of Chris West's newest maps.

Discussing the operation:
Digging through my box, I found a bulk loader droid. Good. Carefully carved him off, but he still had big feet and so scarred up the base quite a bit. The Deagostini piece was actually fastened to its base by screws, which is excellent! Unscrewed those things, set & drilled two holes in the WotC base (just used my hobby knife), screwed er' back in. Well, it's certainly SOLID, and no danger of it separating from the base, but the screws protrude a bit and so the thing 'rocks' a little. It's well-balanced, though. However, this is a lift-and-move piece, not a scoot-across-the-map piece. So, I coulda been a little happier with the mounting, but it was certainly easy enough.
NEXT: We need stats!!
I'm not the expert on STATS, but I have some thoughts:
1. GIVENS
It'll be Large, it'll be Rigid, and it'll have Mounted Weapon.
2. MOBILITY (comparisons)
Dwarf Spider has normal mobility.
AT-RT has Speed 8.
AT-ST has normal speed, but Mobile Attack.
Conclusion: I would expect the AT-RT to be faster, so keeping in the spirit of it's big brother I'd give the AT-PT normal speed and possibly mobile attack.
3. ATTACKS
Heavy Clone has +9, 30 damage. Heavy Stormie has +6, 30 damage.
E-Web has +4, 30 damage.
Dwarf Spider has +6, 30 damage.
STAP has +1, 30 damage.
Repulsor Sled has +5, 20 damage.
AT-RT has +10, 40 damage.
AT-ST has +8, 40 damage and Grenades 20.
Conclusion: The AT-PT just doesn't match the AT-RT & AT-ST for raw gun-size, so I'd definitely assign it Damage 30. I'd also give it Grenades 10. The attack rating, though, is harder; I'd expect tha AT-RT to do well because of it's mobility & open cockpit, and the AT-ST to do well for height and sheer power. So me, I'd assign the AT-PT +6.
4. DEFENSES
Dwarf Spider has Def 13, HP 30
STAP has Def 10, HP 10 (which is silly, in later context).
AT-RT has Def 18, HP 60.
AT-ST had Def 14, HP 120.
Conclusion: The AT-RT is faster but pretty much unarmored and the AT-ST is heavier but easy to hit. I'd assign the AT-PT Def 16 or so and probably 70 HP. Maybe 60. No less.
5. COST
That's where I'm totally lost. I'd say there's some "formula," but the indisputable Power Creep would suggest otherwise.
Dwarf spider droid costs 15.
AT-RT costs 35.
AT-ST costs 54.
No conclusions on that one.

SO, we've got :
AT-PT, cost probably somewhere around 32-40.
Faction: Imperial, affinity for Republic & New Republic
Hit Points: 70
Defense: 16
Attack: +6
Damage: 30
Special Abilities: Rigid, Mounted Weapon, Grenades 10

Whaddya all think? Eh... someone working on a card?
Thanks for the update!

It looks really good, and it seems to fit the base very well. And the model itself is just awesome! I bought a second one off eBay (way overpriced, but as they're hard to come by i didn't want to wait), and am waiting for them both to arrive. They'll both be rebased as well. I wonder if i have a few extra bulk loaders..

As for the stats, i'm no expert either. But that's a nice analysis you did there Laughing The result seems pretty accurate.
Biggsy! That WEG AT-PT on the 'Bay you sent me - which I sniped a whopping $12 on - sold for $72!!! Jeez mon!
Wow that's just crazy. I guess they must be pretty rare these days for it to fetch that much.

On the flip side, i saw a Code 3 gunship sell for £40 (~$64) today:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120806193514?ssPageNa...
The guy wouldn't ship it out of the country, so i couldn't even bid on it. I just wanted to cry really, that was a pretty sweet deal.

But i got my first AT-PT in the mail today, and that cheered me up a bit. It's as nice as it looks in the pictures. I butchered a Togorian Soldier and based it right away, so now my imperials have a new toySmile
Keep an eye on the Code 3s. I have them all now, but it took careful shopping and just good opportunities. That's the thing with eBay; if you are diligent, and patient, They Will Come.
I'd say the easiest/cheapest to hardest/priciest are:
Vader's TIE (hold out for less than $100 base)
Republic gunship ($150 is good)
Millenium Falcon & Slave-I (about the same; $250 is acceptable)
X-Wing (I still wouldn't top $275)
AT-ST ($300 is good, hold out for $375 tops)
There are "signature" versions of at least the TIE & X-Wing. These go for a lot more, and the TIE has a Death Star base. I've seen a Signature X-Wing sell for nine hundred bucks.
Shipping actually COSTS about $40, state-to-state (I had to return one). Seriously. So expect high S&H fees.
If it has the acrylic cover, those can go for as much as $175 by themselves. Factor that in to what you're willing to bid. They will also typically ship in a separate box, costing another $35 to send.
Finally, if you're a Collector, factor in the piece's number. I have a Rebel blaster that's #10 (TEN!!) of 2500 - and it was just dumb luck!!
Thank, it's nice to know. So the gunship is on the cheap end, i like that Smile .. but £40 is still crazy.