The Game Train Rides Again!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Game Train Rides Again!

Last year, four employees from Wizards of the Coast set out on an epic journey across the rugged northern wastes of the United States, braving the train’s comfortable sleeper cars and tasty meals on their way to Gen Con. This year, the game train rides again.

Talk about this news here.

Riding the game train to GenCon would be soooo much fun.
But it leaves soooo early (arriving in Chicago on July 31st with GenCon starting 4 days later). And you'd still need to get from Chicago to Indianapolis.

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

We hope to see a few folks in Chicago from the boards/blogosphere. We'll definitely have some surprises.

Chris Tulach

D&D Program Manager

Wizards of the Coast  

Chris on Twitter

Next year, I will fly out to Seattle, take the train to Chicago, and make arrangements to ride with a few of you down to Indy.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Next year, I will fly out to Seattle, take the train to Chicago, and make arrangements to ride with a few of you down to Indy.

IT certainly sounds like fun ;) The very first TrainCon? ;)
Nice we had the idea of trainCon a while ago as well. Here in the Netherlands are old fashioned trains with closed of seats for 6 persons (=5 players & DM) we never came round to it though. Looking forward to your coverage.
Sign In to post comments