If you want a new a game -- how about Shandalar II

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
There have been a lot of threads about DotP & MTGO & Paper Magic and how they all fit together. Some of these discussions include proposals for sweeping changes in DotP or brand new games that would solve all problems. No questions that most of these proposals are pretty unrealistic.

How about a proposal for a new game that is not new. Almost every one that has played Shandalar has loved it (execpt for the less than stellar AI) and many play it still (it is easily runnable on Win7). If you don't know, it is basically an RPG where you:

1) move around on a map
2) fight AI creatures by dueling them in a magic match
3) If you beat them you win cards; if you lose you lose cards
4) Build up your character by increasing your card pool and from that pool building your fighting deck (full editing of your small but growing pool of cards)
5) Eventually fighting (deuling)  the ultimate boss and beating him  to win the game

It could so easily be upgraded to a more current pool of cards plus much better AI & UI (a la Stainless).
I would easily pay $40-50 for such a game with periodic DLC upgrades to the card pool.

Before you say Wizards would never do this -- remember that they already did it once. And it is a different enough experience that I see no risk of it stealing people from MTGO or paper Magic or even DotP (since it has no multi-player).

One of the last games Sid Meier worked on at Microprose. That should tell you how good it is. It is unfortunate they couldn't make anything even close to it since 15 years of that time. Even Duels is pretty straight forward when compared with it.

If they would make a Shandalar 2 I seriously would cry of joy Laughing still have it installed on my computer but just overplayed it to death.
Sometimes it's best to let sleeping dragons lie...
Ditto. The only reason i bought dotp was because of the fond memories i had of playing the classic shandalar one. I miss Aswan Jaguar! Cool
Ditto. The only reason i bought dotp was because of the fond memories i had of playing the classic shandalar one. I miss Aswan Jaguar!

Same thing here and dont forget the most awesome sound effect that came along with using Aswan Jaguars ability Laughing
Sometimes it's best to let sleeping dragons lie...