Caffeine Overdose - Give me the Criteria.

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
Much like the thread squinty_eyes posted, I feel like I should be designing more and with more interesting criteria.

So, here it goes!

Give me one criterion at a time.
Do not give me multiple designs at a time. (No design a set, design a pyramid cycle, etc.)
Also, make the criteria challenge me, but not in some bizarre way that Wizards would never attempt.

Please critique my designs too.
(Anyone can critique the designs, not just the criterion-giver.) 
Contest-Specific Redeemable Prizes: DaytimeLantern - +5 points on any score-based contest. Redeemable once. If contest is multiple rounds, only redeemable in a single round.
Make a non-green troll.
Ymtc: Idol Round 3
57681748 wrote:
Assassination Plot Sorcery Conspire Target player who asked too many questions this turn sacrifices a creature. (Too many is one more than the number of spells cast.) "Now where do we put the bo-" Ramses Overdark, last words
56287226 wrote:
Awesome wording here, and the addition of conspire is inspired. Very nice.
Make a red creature with lifelink and deathtouch.
Make a card with two different kinds of subtype.  Like "Enchantment Creature - Troll Aura" but less silly.
Make me.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Make a non-green troll.

Falsedeath Troll -
Creature - Troll Shaman
Hexproof
: Regenerate Falsedeath Troll. If you do, it gets -1/-1 and loses hexproof until end of turn.
"It fell into its hole again, only to return again, it fell into its hole again, only to return again..." - an Ankor Nursery Rhyme.
3/2

Trolls need hexproof. Black doesn't have hexproof.
I don't care. I like the interaction. Ha.
Contest-Specific Redeemable Prizes: DaytimeLantern - +5 points on any score-based contest. Redeemable once. If contest is multiple rounds, only redeemable in a single round.
Design a land card that cannot tap for mana. This land also cannot reduce the cost of spells, put other permanents onto the battlefield that tap for mana, or produce mana in any conceivable way.
Design a puppet that utilizes other players
Make a red creature with lifelink and deathtouch.

Steamfume -
Creature - Elemental
Haste, lifelink, deathtouch
If you gain life, Steamfume deals that much damage to itself.
If a creature dealt combat damage by Steamfume dies, sacrifice it.
4/4

Tell me if you meant monored.
A child who's spark has ignited.
My Resume
57106328 wrote:

And the trophy for the round goes to:
trophy.png DrJWilson - I really like how all the abilities worked together to create a really sweet card. This will be a popular pick for sure.

57718868 wrote:
1) DrJWilson 2) Silly Dragons 3) Libe
58325628 wrote:
Excellent design. Always loved Doubling Season and this card is an awesome variation on that.
58234648 wrote:
As for the card itself, it is quite possible the best use of mono-red vigilance I've ever seen on the boards. Well done.
58234648 wrote:
Love it.
58234648 wrote:
Very good design.
58025228 wrote:
I love it. Just find a good deck to use it against.
58025228 wrote:
i like it. I can imagine a bear eating a land or something then farting out the land's essence.
58325628 wrote:
Reminds me of a card I was working on earlier. I love the flavor and mechanics of this card. Great design and brilliant concept.
93144081 wrote:
I don't care if the white zombies are off, I just really like this card. Also seems likes its got a backstory I'd like to hear about. Like how I was interested in Anowon, the Ruin Sage before I realized he came from a web comic.
[quote author=64133868 post=462195821]
83237429 wrote:
88993869 wrote:
<3
58021268 wrote:
<4
<5 XD
Design a card that showcases a new ability (keyword, ability word, whatever) created for a "damage matters" set.
I have a sig because it gives my posts better spacing.
That is the worst nursery rhyme ever.

But a pretty nice card. If you could somehow reflavor it to imply that the shadows gave it protection, (you can't shoot every dark spot in a dark forest) that would be even sweeter.
Ymtc: Idol Round 3
57681748 wrote:
Assassination Plot Sorcery Conspire Target player who asked too many questions this turn sacrifices a creature. (Too many is one more than the number of spells cast.) "Now where do we put the bo-" Ramses Overdark, last words
56287226 wrote:
Awesome wording here, and the addition of conspire is inspired. Very nice.
Make a card with two different kinds of subtype.  Like "Enchantment Creature - Troll Aura" but less silly.

Fangtooth Howl -
Tribal Enchantment - Wolf Aura
Enchant creature you control
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may tap enchanted creature. If you do, search your library for a creature card with the same name as enchanted creature or an enchantment card named Fangtooth Howl, reveal it, and put it into your hand.  
Wish I got in the queue earlier.

Create the Random Number God. 
Create a flavorful interpretation of a living, sentient sword.  Must be an Equipment.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Yeah I actually meant monored but that works to lol.  It's actually pretty cool.

Alright, make a flavorful unicorn with persist.
Make me.

febb, there would never be a you card. I will make one inspired by you.

Domesticated Feline -
Creature - Cat
Domesticated Feline can't attack unless a Human died this turn.
3/1

Make me.

febb, there would never be a you card. I will make one inspired by you.

Domesticated Feline -
Creature - Cat
Domesticated Feline can't attack unless a Human died this turn.
3/1

There have been over 34 febb cards made(only two by me), but very few febb inspired cards. :P
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Design a land card that cannot tap for mana. This land also cannot reduce the cost of spells, put other permanents onto the battlefield that tap for mana, or produce mana in any conceivable way.

Taproot into Mana's Core
Land

At the beginning of your second main phase, you may untap a basic land you control.
The core is rich with nutrients in the form of mana.

If this is going around your criterion, tell me and I'll try to think of something else.
This isn't exactly the easiest thing to design: "Make a land that doesn't do land-like things." Ha.

Parasitic Puppet -
Enchantment Creature - Minion Aura
Enchant opponent
Whenever enchanted opponent loses life, you gain that much life.
2/2

I'm sure that the current ruling for "Enchantment Creature - Minion Aura"s aren't too pretty.
But, I like the idea of an Aura creature that doesn't to the regular Licid ability.
Make a mythic rare legendary creature.  That creature must be WB (and only WB) and have no ETB abilities or abilities which refer to sacrificing.
I will get to the rest of these tomorrow after work sometime.
And, whatever new ones that are posted in a reasonable time.

Taproot into Mana's Core
Land

At the beginning of your second main phase, you may untap a basic land you control.
The core is rich with nutrients in the form of mana.

If this is going around your criterion, tell me and I'll try to think of something else.
This isn't exactly the easiest thing to design: "Make a land that doesn't do land-like things." Ha.

While you succeeded in following my criteria, you also evaded the intent of it. Regardless, I'll evaluate this design for what it is. In my eyes, Taproot into Mana's Core is trying really hard to just be Reflecting Pool. Each only give access to colors already avaliable to you. The difference is that Reflecting Pool allows players to produce the mana they need any time, and not just during the second main phase, in addition to producing colors Taproot could not access with the inclusion of nonbasic lands in a deck's manabase. There is some interaction with cards like Overgrowth, but untapping only basic lands deters players from other shenanigans such as Cabal Coffers. Deserted Temple this is not. I see Taproot into Mana's Core as a great attempt at this criteria, but falls short of the designs Wizards has already put into print.

Parasitic Puppet -
Enchantment Creature - Minion Aura
Enchant opponent
Whenever enchanted opponent loses life, you gain that much life.
2/2

I'm sure that the current ruling for "Enchantment Creature - Minion Aura"s aren't too pretty.
But, I like the idea of an Aura creature that doesn't to the regular Licid ability.

Feels white to me, but i do like it.
Sign In to post comments