Are the PDF maps WOTC does layered now?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know there was a request for the maps to have layers, so you can take out the room numbers, traps, monsters, secret doors, ect.. So you can show the players/ print them out so the players won't see  the DMs view. 

Has WOTC done this yet?

Content Removed.

I've removed content from this thread because harrassment/trolling is a violation of the Code of Conduct.  You can review the Code of Conduct here.

No, but it looks to me like they stopped providing keyed maps in the Map Gallery altogether.  No reason for those really.  What is in the mag is good enough for the DM, the downloadable ones are really only useful if they are for players.

Kalex the Omen 
Dungeonmaster Extraordinaire

No, but it looks to me like they stopped providing keyed maps in the Map Gallery altogether.  No reason for those really.  What is in the mag is good enough for the DM, the downloadable ones are really only useful if they are for players.

What exactly do you mean by keyed maps?
What KM.549 asked about.  Location of monsters, traps, secret doors, etc.

Kalex the Omen 

What exactly do you mean by keyed maps?

Letters/Numbers/Tokens that are on the map.  These are unnecessary and render maps essentially useless unless you have good photo editing skills.

Celebrate our differences.

The maps from Dungeon 192 have nothing on them, and look very nice. This is what we were/are asking for. Keep this coming.
I understand now. Thanks.

As a DM who uses a lot of powerpoint to show pictures and maps, I greatly appreciate the maps that do NOT have any encounter specific info (ex. traps, monsters, secret doors, etc. )  A map I can customize for my own adventure is exactly what I'm looking for and I applaud WotC for giving this to us. Access to the map and art galleries are a major reason why I subscribe to DDI. I am a horrible artist and being able to display such high quality work during my games is a major bonus. Please keep giving us these fantastic products.
If we could only get them in 150dpi or greater...  Now THAT would be awesome.  And I want awesome things from DDI. 

If we could only get them in 150dpi or greater...  Now THAT would be awesome.  And I want awesome things from DDI. 

Hear, hear!!

Kalex the Omen 

Hey now. Baby steps. ;)
Hey now. Baby steps. ;)

I didn't ask for 300dpi. 

Currently, I print my maps to card stock.  Next step is converting my 47" LCD to our gaming map.  I need that resolution! 

That would be nice. We us e my tv with maptool and it works out well. Of course, I don't use the WotC maps, so that would be spectacular.
Do the older issues of Dungeon have untagged maps?  I thought at one time they were offering both tagged and untagged versions in the map gallery, but I can't find them.  I am looking specifically at Dungeon 163, because I am preparing to run one of those adventures.  Anyone know?

I am glad they are offering them now anyway... Cheers to WotC for that!

Z
I don't think they had untagged anything back then. I used to use photoshop to clone the areas out.
Sign In to post comments