MANA!!! (G)

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Harvest
Sorcery
Sacrifice X lands, then at the beginning of your next upkeep, search your library for up to X+2 basic lands and put them onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

Elven Herbologist
Creature-Elf
: Search your library for a Forest and put it into play tapped.
2/3

Harvest
Sorcery
Sacrifice X lands, then at the beginning of your next upkeep, search your library for up to X+2 basic lands and put them onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

Why would I play this over Scapeshift?
Official Rules Advisor
Harvest
Sorcery

Why would I play this over Scapeshift?

Well, I do agree that Harvent should get any type of land, not just basics, but. You wouldn't play this over Scapeshift, you'd play it with Scapeshift. This would be earlier-game doing it--turn 2, you do this, then on your next turn you get four lands out that you can use, plus you have your land for turn, so you jumped from 2 lands to 5 lands in one turn. Since it doesn't say 'onto the battlefield tapped,' they're usable, so it's pretty good for early-game ramping.
MTG Rules Advisor Mirrodin_Loyalty.png

So it should be changed to any land cards? That'd be a bit much with [C=Urza's Tower]some[/C] [C=Urza's Power Plant]non-basic[/C] [C=Urza's Mine]lands[/C]...and the whole point of playing this over [C]Scapeshift[/C] is because you get +2 onto the amount you've sacked.
Harvest is nuts. You don't actually need to sacrifice anything, so you can just pay to get two lands.
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
Yep. Obviously would be rare, and slightly more powerful that [C]Cultivate[/C].
Making a card rare isn't an excuse to make it overpowered.

Besides, when is the last time that land fetch has been rare? This is an uncommon. And it's almost strictly better than Cultivate with a lower cost.
No, but overpowered cards are usually rare ([C]Overwhelming Stampede[/C], [C]Time Stop[/C], Etc.)
No, but overpowered cards are usually rare ([C]Overwhelming Stampede[/C], [C]Time Stop[/C], Etc.)

Overpowered ™
What?

Neither of those cards are overpowered. The Stampede is rare because it has a big, splashy effect and because it's really powerful in Limited. Time Stop is rare because... well, if I have to explain this, then you really have a lot to learn about rarity and this whole arguement is pointless.
And what you're telling me is that paying to get 2 basic lands is overpowered? Wow.
And what you're telling me is that paying to get 2 basic lands is overpowered? Wow.

And what you're telling me is you have no experience playing Magic whatsoever.

Broken overpowered? No. Overpowered? Yeah, probably.
Okay, as long as you arent claiming brokeness, then yes it is overpowered.

Cgalcic-That makes no sense whatsoever