Another boring counterspell variant

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Refute --
Instant
As an additional cost to cast ~, reveal a card from your hand.
Counter target spell with converted mana cost equal to the reveald card's covnerted mana cost.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Suggested revision:

Counter target spell with converted mana cost less than or equal to the revealed card's converted mana cost.

Suggested revision:

Counter target spell with converted mana cost less than or equal to the revealed card's converted mana cost.

I don't revise.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Could easily cost .
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
If you ditched the first sentence entirely, and got rid of everything after the third word of the second sentence, this would be just about perfect.
Could easily cost .

Could plausibly cost
Official Rules Advisor
If you ditched the first sentence entirely, and got rid of everything after the third word of the second sentence, this would be just about perfect.

It should probably cost in that casse.
It should probably cost in that casse.

Nah, that just seems like it would be a card that everyone hates, but ends up having three or four different printings in each Standard pool.
Could easily cost .

Agreed.
Could easily cost .

Disagreed.
I'm not sure, but it might need to be "counter target spell if its cmc is equal to the revealed card's."
Could easily cost .

Disagreed.

Explain.
Hell, I dunno.
Hell, I dunno.

Compelling argument. I concede the point.
Could easily cost .

Was thinking the same thing.
I have a sig because it gives my posts better spacing.
must reveal a blue card.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
To be honest I'm not that worried about making a statement with no logical backup because that's what Libe made in the first place. But, you know, whatever.
To be honest I'm not that worried about making a statement with no logical backup because that's what Libe made in the first place. But, you know, whatever.

There was a logic backup, I just didn't share it. The card is really weak and it would be slightly stronger by being less blue intensive. It might even be able to go down to but I'm no playtester.
My my, Libe is alive as well!

I place my agreement that this card could cost . It's a very conditional card that would work best if there were some kind of converted mana cost theme. would be pushing it a little bit perhaps.

Just a tip - if you want people to look at your thread, make the title a little bit more grabbing. Nobody wants to look at just "another boring counterspell variant."
Just a tip - if you want people to look at your thread, make the title a little bit more grabbing. Nobody wants to look at just "another boring counterspell variant."

Actually this thread is doing quite well compared to most.

But then, everyone has an opinion on countermagic, so...

Inorite? I reckon the cause is reverse psychology - if he had given an incredibly exciting and grabbing name to the thread, perhaps we all would have thought "oh my gosh another newb trying to make cards. I'm sure I've seen that one before." Who knows?
All of febb's threads are successful >.>

please post cards in my threads they are special places to me

All restraints upon man's natural liberty, not necessary for the simple maintenance of justice, are of the nature of slavery, and differ from each other only in degree. -Lysander Spooner - "Trial by Jury" (19th century)

If you are unhappy with the recent update, especially if you are leaving or are thinking of leaving, please email me at gameostasis@gmail.com so we can talk about a solution. 

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

My threads are very rarely successful, that's why I only have the one these days.

Holy cow, it's Q!

I place my agreement that this card could cost . It's a very conditional card that would work best if there were some kind of converted mana cost theme. would be pushing it a little bit perhaps.

That is the point Q, I really don't give a crap if people look at my threads, and I design underpowered cards on purpose. :D

And I'm glad you're back(not that you remember me).  

Inorite? I reckon the cause is reverse psychology - if he had given an incredibly exciting and grabbing name to the thread, perhaps we all would have thought "oh my gosh another newb trying to make cards. I'm sure I've seen that one before." Who knows?

Bonus points to Q! You would have gotten a perfect 10 out of 5 bonus points if you had more faith in me. :P
Q, go back to your graphing caluclator and get me a variable for "S"!

=P

~SE++

http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/index.php