UWR Ally Deck

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
So basically I enjoy playing tribal decks, usually I can work my around to a decent tribal decklist.
Allies however don't have a lot of cards you dismiss right off the bat, hence I'd like some advice on my current decklist.

I'm trying to build a tri-colour Standard Allydeck, which isn't always easy but with Allies I think it's possible.
First I'll let you see the decklist, then some additional info on why I picked these cards.

Core creatures:
4x Hada Freeblade
4x Kazandu Blademaster
4x Jwari Shapeshifter
4x Umara Raptor
3x Talus Paladin
3x Kazuul Warlord
2x Sea Gate Loremaster

Total: 24

Core spells:
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Forked Bolt
4x Oblivion Ring

Total: 12

Lands:
4x Glacial Fortress
4x Arid Mesa
4x Scalding Tarn
4x Plains
5x Mountain
3x Island

Total: 24

Sideboard (incomplete):
4x Celestial Purge
4x Flashfreeze
4x Negate
3x Tuktuk Scrapper

That's what I've got for now.
Basically I picked 3 colours because I want the power of the white creatures, offensiveness of the red spells and the control/card draw blue gives.
I tried making a WR decklist but I decided that I wouldn't have enough sustainability without blue's carddraw and control.
The current sideboard isn't finished, but it should give me some decent cover.

I noted this above, but I'm trying to make this a Standard deck to see what I can do at FNM in my area + most of my RL friends play standard.

Edit: Another possibility is making the deck UW but I've seen the UW AllyMill decks and I like the control, but I'd rather not turn this into a mill-deck.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
Playing MTG since June 2009. There are few problems that can't be solved by putting a hole in the world. - Lux Cannon The Bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame... - Hellsing
Seems fine; none of the cards are bad at all. The only thing I'd suggest is incorporating some proliferate (can easily be done with cards like Tezzeret's Gambit and Volt Charge); given that most of your creatures have counters by default, and with the Warlord they all have the potential to have counters, a single proliferate can add a lot of power to your creatures. Consider Contagion Clasp for repeatable proliferate.

Also, UW aggro allies is pretty simple. You can incorporate cards like Phyrexian Metamorph, Phantasmal Image, Clone, Rite of Replication and Join the Ranks. You in no way need to include Halimar Excavator, and probably shouldn't in an aggro based deck.

However, I'd recommend including a few Kabira Evangels in any case; they pretty much cause unblockability which is nice. Mimic Vat is also good in ally decks for repeatable, instant speed triggers. 
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
I forgot to post this, but thanks for the suggestions, the Kabira Evangel should help me out quite nicely, I'm just unsure on how to fit them into the current decklist.

Much appreciated.
Playing MTG since June 2009. There are few problems that can't be solved by putting a hole in the world. - Lux Cannon The Bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame... - Hellsing
I would urge you to consider RWG as your colors for an ally deck. It is very fast and very consistant. Bloodbraid Elf and Ranger of Eos are awesome additions. Ranger of Eos for 2 Hada Freeblade, drop them out with a with a kicked Goblin Bushwhacker on turn 5, GG. Keep the creature count over 30, you want at least one ally trigger every turn. I had to make some adjustments to decrease my decks power level so that my friends would still let me play it! I'd be happy to post the decklist if you'd like..

cheers
Sign In to post comments