What should I play?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I have Nationals soon, and I need a deck to play.

Right now I'm leaning towards Caw-Blade since I did really well with it pre-banning, but I am open to opinions.

If you have any good brews, please PM me. Also, make sure you try to justify your choices.

Thanks.
Team GFG: Great Flatbread Gangsters
Accomplishments
Top 8 Charlotte Regionals 2011- Qualified for Nationals 1st place TCG Player Qualifier- Qualified for TCG Player Championship 2nd place SCG Invitational Qualifier Top 32 SCG Charlotte Open 2011 (7-2, stupid tiebreakers)
MTGO name: Battle7
I have a RUG brew I've been working on if you want to see it.  I've been doing pretty well with it in league matches on Magic-league.com.  I can't show anyone on the forums yet (other than those I trust like you, burning_forest, chow_man, etc) for fear of someone taking the idea   

I'll PM the list to you.

EDIT:  Forgot to PM you stuff about the deck other than the list, so I'll hit you up on MODO in a bit and explain the choices there. 
Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Reread this sentence to find out!
go with something UW, either caw blade or UW control.  its just that good.

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

UB control with a maindeck focus on aggro, meaning maindeck phy crusaders or spellskites, maindeck BSZ (2) and consume the meek (1), and solemns plus grave titans. Run a 3/2 split of IoK/despise, and stick to 4 leaks and only 2 pierces. Keep the controll-y cards for the sideboard, since you can afford to drop a game 1 to an explosive valakut hand. Personally, I would keep the spellskites in the main and the crusaders in the side, simply because I like having a card that's not only a proactive answer to twin and valakut, but also makes sure that my grave titan is nearly invincible.

UB control is one of the few decks in the meta that can afford to run 4 tec edges and at least 2 inkmoth nexii while still being a stable manabase. You should have a better idea regarding the meta as you get closer to your tourny date, but UB control (the Tezz-less variants) is by far the easiest deck to tune to a given meta. The problem I have with the UW control lists is that they have so many dead cards in a lot of matchups, and the UW control lists are a dog to the UW caw blade lists, especally since it's very hard to account for hardcasted SoFaFs now.

BUG Pod.dec is literally the only matchup I can think of that consistently beats the tar out of UB control, all versions. And that's hardly the direction that most pod lists are going right now.

Photobucket
GO MACHINE RED WITH MD VAULT SKIRGES
The mage formerly known as kedi. Team GFG - Goons From Ghana - Playing sweet decks since 2010 1:31 AM Nighthavk_: I'm actually playing B/r zombies 1:31 AM Battle7: nice 1:31 AM Nighthavk_: yeah it's pretty sweet really 1:31 AM Battle7: playing esper tokens 1:32 AM Nighthavk_: I like that deck 1:32 AM Battle7: it's sweet
Anyone have other ideas? Razorgore's seems intriguing.

Here are the decks I am interested in right now:

Caw-Blade (whether closer to Spagnolo or Tim Pskowski, not sure)
RUG Twin Pod
Bant Pod (Ruel)
Conely's LD Deceiver
Jund
UW Control (Chapin seems to think it is well positioned if it can be made to beat Twin, but the Caw-Blade MU doesn't seem like it would be good)
Razor's UB (if he sends me a list :P)

Not as much interested but might still be good:
UR Twin
Valakut

In other words, I have no idea what I should play.
Team GFG: Great Flatbread Gangsters
Accomplishments
Top 8 Charlotte Regionals 2011- Qualified for Nationals 1st place TCG Player Qualifier- Qualified for TCG Player Championship 2nd place SCG Invitational Qualifier Top 32 SCG Charlotte Open 2011 (7-2, stupid tiebreakers)
MTGO name: Battle7
GO MACHINE RED WITH MD VAULT SKIRGES

The more I see you post kedi, the more you remind me of Courage Dog.
How much better do you think you are then others players? Best thing to ask your self. Also are you good in caws mirrors? IF so then id play that.

IF you think you will be on the lower end skill id play a more aggressive or explosive deck and learn the interaction with that deck. (like Pod twin)
Started to write 2 articles a week on getting ready for GP Toronto were i will be talking about getting ready for sealed. The first one is up so go check it out on PMP post.