The Master of Pestilence

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Planeswalker #2; Datran

Datran, Seed of Decay

Planeswalker - Datran
+1: Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn.
-2: Put target creature card from an opponent's graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.
-3: Destroy target creature.

Datran's Pestilence
Instant
Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn. When that creature dies this turn, you gain 3 life.

Datran's Spawn
Creature - Horror
Deathtouch
Whenever a creature dealt damage by ~ this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
3/3

Datran's Glory
Sorcery
Put all creature cards from all graveyards onto the battlefield under your control.

Datran's Glory Alternate
I came up with an alternate Datran's Glory since as it is it's just Liliana's ultimate. But, I have no idea what to possibly cost it at, any suggestions on alternatives or a cost would be nice.

Each player exiles all creature cards from his or her graveyard then sacrifices all creatures he or she controls, then put all cards exiled this way onto the battlefield under your control.

Essentially a Living Death+Plague Wind

Datran is probably too good. Starting loyalty should be 2.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Way to powerful for such a low cmc. It's + ability should be -1/-1 not -2/-2.
I don't like how similar the +1 and -3 are.
blah blah metal lyrics
I don't like how similar the +1 and -3 are.

They're intended to be. He kills... That's what he does... Until he brings them back.
I really dont like it...it COULD possibly be edited enough to make it ok, but it'd take alot.
I liked Datran until I saw the ultimate.
It's not an ultimate. It's just the last listed ability. He doesn't have a true ultimate.
It's not an ultimate. It's just the last listed ability. He doesn't have a true ultimate.

Precisely why I don't like it.
It makes no sense to have a planeswalker with no ultimate...most planeswalkers have [C=Jace, the Mind Sculptor]ridiculous[/C] [C=Karn Liberated]ultimates[/C], and only [C=Gideon Jura]one[/C] has a final ability that isnt "ultimate". But in that case, its a useful ability. This card makes no sense to me, the first ability should be -1/-1 and it needs an ultimate, otherwise it ultimately fails.
Sign In to post comments