Sundial of the infinite + Mimic Vat

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
So.. yes what happens if i use Mimic Vat with Frost Titan. Will i get a token that stays forever if i use Sundial of the infinite?
So.. yes what happens if i use Mimic Vat with Frost Titan. Will i get a token that stays forever if i use Sundial of the infinite?

If you use the Sundial after the ability triggers and before it resolves, then you get to keep it, since the ability won't trigger again.

If you activate Mimic Vat during your turn before the end step or during the end step of the turn preceding yours, and you later activate Sundial in response to the delayed triggered ability generated by the ability of Mimic Vat you activated earlier, the delayed triggered ability will never resolve. It already triggered, so it won't trigger again on future end steps.

End result: Yes, the token sticks around forever. 
I have too many irons in the fire.
Some useful keyboard shortcuts on Windows
Long dash (em-dash) — Alt+0151 Short dash (en-dash) – Alt+0150 Capital æsc Æ Alt+0198 Lowercase æsc æ Alt+0230 Or you could just copy/paste them from this signature, I guess.
I see. Thanks for clarying that! Someone said that the token leave in your opponent's turn because it says at the beggining of the next end step so at your opponent end step the token would leave.
if you use the Sundial before the trigger it will leave at the end of the opponent's turn.
proud member of the 2011 community team
I see. Thanks for clarying that! Someone said that the token leave in your opponent's turn because it says at the beggining of the next end step so and your opponent end step the token would leave.

It only triggers once.  If you use the Sundial before the trigger happens, then yes, it will trigger on the next end step (your opponent's).  But if it has already triggered, that's it.  There is only one "next" end step.

Compare to Ball Lightning which will trigger every turn.

I see. Thanks for clarying that! Someone said that the token leave in your opponent's turn because it says at the beggining of the next end step so and your opponent end step the token would leave.

It only triggers once.  If you use the Sundial before the trigger happens, then yes, it will trigger on the next end step (your opponent's).  But if it has already triggered, that's it.  There is only one "next" end step.

Compare to Ball Lightning which will trigger every turn.

I see. Thanks!
Sign In to post comments