A Card From my Childhood

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Alright, so this is probably a slightly awakward question, but it's been bugging me, so I have to try to find out. Art seemed like the place to post it since the art is all I can remember.

Basically there was a magazine with some pictures in it, including some MTG cards, and I loved one of them, the art was so cool. However this was likely a very long time ago and I can't remember the name, and it bugs me.

-There was an article in the magazine about the card changes (White name to black) which makes it around 2003. So the card must be from before then.
-It was a profile picture of someone in a sorta suit of armor looking thing. It was either dark green or black, making me think that it was either a green or black card. But anything but red is possible.
-It was looking left, and the "camera" was on the left side of the man in armor.
-It was only above the waist, likely a bit higher than that, the elbow was likely the lowest thing in the art.
-On his arm was a sword, it was attached to the armor coming up over his hand, but the sword wasn't normal, it wasn't a straight edge, but at least one side was wavy/curvy along it.
-I think that it wasn't a creature. I'm not sure, I remember it seeming odd that a man was a sorcery/instant or something. But my memory might be messing with me, since I wasn't familiar with the card game.

Alright, I think that's all the info I can remember. Any help would be appreciated, if you have any questions to narrow it down, go ahead and ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability. If I can't get an answer, I'll probably start looking through every card, set by set. I'm rather dedicated to finding it, it's driving me insane not being able to remember.  Thanks in advance.
Hmmm.
Searching now.
Sounds sort of like Upwelling's original art.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

No, that's definitely not it. The sword was a part of the armor/mounted on the arm in some way. It was a close up of the face/neck/torso/arm. The blade was pointing up.
I don't suppose it could be Sword of Fire and Ice? Darksteel wasn't that long after the frame change.
IMAGE(http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/225/8/9/bloodgift_demon_sig_banner_by_voidelemental-d46gjhm.jpg)
Did it look human in a suit of armor, or more like something mechanical?

EDIT: Wait, did it look anything like either Frontline Strategist or Gempalm Avenger? I doubt it's either of those cards, but that would at least pin it down to being around Onslaught, and possibly one of the later, mutated creatures...
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Flowstone Armor?

Yes, that is it. It's the opposite direction of the way I remembered, but it was a very long time ago. But I'm fairly certain that is it.

Flowstone Armor?

Nice.

Also, while you're here, why don't you play with us anymore? We miss you, Brady.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.