flat-footed reactions

Search didn't help me with this, so I'll just ask. Can you make reactions while flat-footed unless the specific ability denies it? I know Block and Deflect specifically say you can't use them while flat-footed, but a lot of reactions don't say that. You can't take free actions while flat-footed, and just on a gut instinct level it would seem that reactions would be treated the same way. But I know of nothing that says so directly.

So what are your opinions on this matter?
Children believe what we tell them, they have complete faith in us. I ask of you a little of this childlike simplicity, and to bring us luck, let me speak four truly magic words: "A long time ago...." (Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast) Winner of You Build the Character #12, YbtC #22, YbtC #24, YbtC #28 and YbtC #35 Winner of You Make the... Contest #8
I started a thread about this not that long ago. Here's the link: Reacting while surprised.
"Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind."

~ David G Allen

Thanks! I totally missed that the first time around.
Children believe what we tell them, they have complete faith in us. I ask of you a little of this childlike simplicity, and to bring us luck, let me speak four truly magic words: "A long time ago...." (Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast) Winner of You Build the Character #12, YbtC #22, YbtC #24, YbtC #28 and YbtC #35 Winner of You Make the... Contest #8
Sign In to post comments