Stigma_Lasher's Random Ideas - Servants of the Animar

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Inspired by Druid of the Anima and how close Anima and Animar are to each other. (In terms of spelling, nothing more though)

Servants of the Animar
Creature - Elemental
: Add , or to your mana pool. Spend this mana only on creature spells.
Although the Animar is rarely seen, many of its lesser embodiments move throughout the plane, insipiring life wherever they go.
10/10 0/1
Is this supposed to have power or toughness?
Ymtc: Idol Round 3
57681748 wrote:
Assassination Plot Sorcery Conspire Target player who asked too many questions this turn sacrifices a creature. (Too many is one more than the number of spells cast.) "Now where do we put the bo-" Ramses Overdark, last words
56287226 wrote:
Awesome wording here, and the addition of conspire is inspired. Very nice.
Im guessing its a 1/1
I'm guessing 6/2.
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
You would be wrong Smile
Editted the card. Its supposed to be a 10/10, but based on feedback from the brain, its a 0/1. Makes no sense it should be equal to the Animar it is a part of.

Way weaker than a , but then again, some people are complaing its a rare, and others, it having flying. So this a a common.    

Makes me tempted to leave P/T off next time. I get more feedback than if I actually created P/T  
Why is animar blue anyway?

Or even red for that matter.

Commander has a bunch of crappy designs :|
To allow more colors in Animar's deck. The cost reduction probably factors in as well. 

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

To allow more colors in Animar's deck. The cost reduction probably factors in as well. 

I know, but they should have designed stuff that makes sense as a 3-colored card rather than just adding colors to a green card to make it a viable commander.

Cost reduction seems sketchy too. If I was going to put that in any color it'd be green, especially since he just does it for creatures.
I think it's fine as a 1/1.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I think it's fine as a 1/1.

This.
You could compare it to Noble Hierarch (Or your already mentioned Birds). Yes, they are rare, but I don't really think that should be stopping anything.
I also think it's balanced in comparison with Llanowar Elves.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I know, but they should have designed stuff that makes sense as a 3-colored card rather than just adding colors to a green card to make it a viable commander.

Cost reduction seems sketchy too. If I was going to put that in any color it'd be green, especially since he just does it for creatures.

Being multicolor doesn't mean they have to be made "sticky note".

Cost reduction is a big one. Flavor also takes part (e.g. most of the dragon legend can be easily done in mono colors). Elemental is greatly associated with the 3 colors. while I can't say all generals are perfectly designed, Animar is by far not the worst one imio.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
I meant cost reduction like his ability that makes creatures cheaper. But you're right, there are worse than him. He just seems a bit... forced.
That color combination is difficult. Even riku feels forced especially you get half of his effect by an arfifact.

What would you have done if you are given the asignment to make a :U::R::G: commander? It'd be a fun practice.

I personally do like a lot of the "elemental" reference. It's very beautiful for that color combination. It kinda focuses on what's absent (:W::B: a.k.a. "positive and negative" or "light and dark") than what's present. Why does "soul of element" gives discount to all your creatures is a tiny bit out of me.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]