7/20/2011 BoaB: "Goblins!"

40 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Building on a Budget, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
I like this one. It's essentially what I had in mind as soon as I saw Goblin Grenade was coming back.
blah blah metal lyrics
Even if it is only aesthetical, I find Dismember quite odd for a red deck. 4 Torpor Orb on the sideboard are equally good against Splinter twin, steal a turn against Valakut and shut down Squadron hawk and Blade splicer from new CawBlade. A 4-3 mix on the SB may feel overkill, but the red deck isn't that much needed of a SB anyway.
If Limited gets in the way of printing good Constructed cards... Screw limited
Only thing I have to wonder about is Ember Hauler's snub, as i do like the extra reach he can provide. Otherwise it's a great list. I was building this already and forgot about Tuktuk myself.

EDIT: Also, there's one too many cards in that sideboard. 
I also think having no Ember Haulers is a miss. However, there isn't much room left; cutting on the 1-drops is stupid, because you need 1-drops in a fast deck like this. Admittedly, I've never been fond of Spikeshot Elder, even though I see his uses.
Putting Ember Hauler over the Goblin Wardriver also seems stupid, as Wardriver will mostly only have to attack once to make him deal the 2 extra damage that costs 1 mana on the Hauler.
I would cut a single Tuktuk; they're good, but not great in my opinion. Not sure yet what to put in for him though. Probably a fourth Arsonist or a singleton Hauler.

About sideboards: This is basically a RDW variant, so why not run Dragon's Claw for the mirror? We could also pick up Jinxed Idol for some reach against control decks. I wouldn't play the Automaton as I don't see in which matchup he'd really be good to board in. Green decks are either slow (ramp) or elves, the latter of which you just make sure you burn the mana-elves and you'll be fine.
Another great card for the sideboard is Mark of Mutiny, possibly even mainboard worthy in place of a Tuktuk. They're absolutely necessary against decks such as Valakut. Stealing a Titan of theirs is usually just game as you've already brought them below 11 I hope (or 9, in case of a red titan). Could also be Act of Aggression, since you don't tend to care about the lifeloss and it's just instant win against Twin decks.
I'm unsure about Dismember; It's a great instant-speed 1-mana answer to a couple of things, but I'd say I might prefer Combust here, as Dismember is mostly against Twin; Combust does the job better.
I just wanted to point out that it is probably better to play 4x Burst Lightning instead of Incinerate. The 3-toughness-slot isn't as important as the 4-toughness-slot, with things like Spellskite and, especially, as mentioned in the article, Deceiver Exarch.

I am not so sure about the need for regeneration killing, off the top of my head I can only think about Thrun at the moment...  

Burst Lightning gives you 8 cards maindeck to deal with the 4-power tougness creatures, which in this metagame seems to be essential, otherwise you just lose to Spellkite and Twin. After sideboarding this goes up to 12 with dismember.
where is the "Warren Instigator"?
where is the "Warren Instigator"?

In the "Not good enough"-binder. At 2 mana, a goblin needs to have an immediate damage effect when attacking; in that sense, the Instigator is just a bear that will be blocked all day long, whereas a Wardriver actually pumps the other gobo's.
The sideboard needs more manabarbs. It makes control players cry.
Dismember is a good answer for Deceiver Exarchs and other large creatures that are out of the reach of Bolt/Incinerate.  However, I wonder if the 4 life investment makes it better than say, Combust?  Also, what about Act of Aggression?  Can you cast this on Deceiver Exarch in response to Splinter Twin, then you control the Exarch, and on your opponent's end step you could create your own army of Exarchs that don't go away until the beginning of the next end step?

Just a few thoughts that aren't Torpor Orb or Dismember.  The sideboard will end up very metagame dependent I think.  So long as Primeval Titan decks are around Torpor Orb will probably be the go-to spell here.  If your metagame has a lot of Puresteel Paladins, Hero of Bladeholds and/or Deceiver Exarchs, then maybe Combust or Act of Aggression would be better? 
Urabrask the Hidden as a way to combat Deciver Exarch Twin?  Probably too slow, though, at 5 mana.
I also think having no Ember Haulers is a miss. However, there isn't much room left; cutting on the 1-drops is stupid, because you need 1-drops in a fast deck like this. Admittedly, I've never been fond of Spikeshot Elder, even though I see his uses.
Putting Ember Hauler over the Goblin Wardriver also seems stupid, as Wardriver will mostly only have to attack once to make him deal the 2 extra damage that costs 1 mana on the Hauler.
I would cut a single Tuktuk; they're good, but not great in my opinion. Not sure yet what to put in for him though. Probably a fourth Arsonist or a singleton Hauler.

About sideboards: This is basically a RDW variant, so why not run Dragon's Claw for the mirror? We could also pick up Jinxed Idol for some reach against control decks. I wouldn't play the Automaton as I don't see in which matchup he'd really be good to board in. Green decks are either slow (ramp) or elves, the latter of which you just make sure you burn the mana-elves and you'll be fine.
Another great card for the sideboard is Mark of Mutiny, possibly even mainboard worthy in place of a Tuktuk. They're absolutely necessary against decks such as Valakut. Stealing a Titan of theirs is usually just game as you've already brought them below 11 I hope (or 9, in case of a red titan). Could also be Act of Aggression, since you don't tend to care about the lifeloss and it's just instant win against Twin decks.
I'm unsure about Dismember; It's a great instant-speed 1-mana answer to a couple of things, but I'd say I might prefer Combust here, as Dismember is mostly against Twin; Combust does the job better.

The only issue I see Main Deck could be Incinerate. Burst Lightning may be better. Other than that, I feel the Main Deck is fine as is. The Sideboard is completely wrong, though. Did anyone else know that the Sideboard has 16 cards in it? The Adaptive Automation shouldn't be there at all. Nor should the extra copy of Goblin Arsonist and Tuktuk. I'd also get rid of the 2 Devastating Summons. If you can't win with all the creatures maindeck, why would you add more?

Here is the Sideboard I'd use:
3x Dismember OR 3x Combust
3x Ember Hauler
3x Arc Trail
3x Dragon's Claw
3x Vulshok Refugee

The Dragon's Claw and Vulshok Refugee are there for the Red Match Ups. The rest is set up for Deceiver Exarch/Splinter Twin match-ups.

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago." ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** MaRo: During a playtest, I played a Reaper from the Abyss. I attacked each turn, while my opponent would chump block (he had a lot of fliers), and then I killed a second creature. This happened until he had only one creature left. I attack, he blocked, and then the following dialogue occurred: Him: Kill your demon. Me: What? Him: My guy died so you have to kill a creature. Me: Yeah, but why would a demon kill himself? Him: I don't know. He's depressed there's no one left to kill. Me: That doesn't make any sense. Him: I don't care. It's what the card says. I then take out my pen, and wrote "non-Demon" on it. Him: You can't do that. Me: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

This is probably obvious but how sick is the interaction with grenade and arsonist. swing through for one, gg (double entendre) for 6, mana up for another burn spell. 

Also why not run 1 tuktuk main and then 1-2 sb for the vamp matchup.

Lastly, which is better for the titan matchup: torpor orb or AoA? I lean towards AoA cuz it also helps with Ex-Twin.  
This is probably obvious but how sick is the interaction with grenade and arsonist. swing through for one, gg (double entendre) for 6, mana up for another burn spell. 

Also why not run 1 tuktuk main and then 1-2 sb for the vamp matchup.

Lastly, which is better for the titan matchup: torpor orb or AoA? I lean towards AoA cuz it also helps with Ex-Twin.  

It really depends on which Titan you expect most; Inferno Titan outright kills your gobo's when he comes into play, Primeval Titan only fetches a couple of lands; if you can steal him you'll most likely win, since you have Teetering Peaks in your deck.
i have been playing goblins like this for a while. I think that a kuldotha rebirth effect would be great in here along with no wardrivers because they are a bit too slow
I like kuldotha rebirth very much but you need some artifacts to play it and i dont see room for them in that deck
I'm kinda disappointed that Goblin Fireslinger doesn't make the cut, he seems like a great little guy. He also works with Quest for Pure Flame (imagine doubling the damage of a grenade!). Plus you can throw in in Chandra, Firebrand for some crazy fireworks.
Needs Torpor Orb and maybe Manabarbs for the SB, but otherwise I like it.
Anyone else disappointed with this article?  It doesn't take a Magic savant to throw together a pile of goblins or elves.  Most of the other BoaB articles recently have been more interesting and rogue.
The link (or rather Gatherer) doesnt work properly:
"I decided to do a quick Gatherer search to find a full list of Goblins that are currently in the Standard environment."
Gatherer hasnt been updated yet to include M12 in the list of Standard-legal sets (which must cause lots of confusion as it is), so the list the article links to doesnt have any of the M12 only Goblins (for example Goblin Fireslinger is missing but IS in Standard).

It would have helped if the link was correct (or even better if Gatherer had just been updated on time!).

~ Tim
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
What would be a good replacement for goblin guide in this deck?

It is currently running at $7 per card which seems a little pricy for a budget goblin deck.

By, "a little pricy," I mean there is no way in hell I'm buying that card, even if it does fit perfectly with the deck. :\

Edit: I'm wondering what you could use in place of Lightening bolt once 2011 rotates out too.
Anyone else disappointed with this article?  It doesn't take a Magic savant to throw together a pile of goblins or elves.  Most of the other BoaB articles recently have been more interesting and rogue.

The article was about competing in standard with a cheap deck, not about doing something "interesting" or "rogue."  You can brew to your hearts content, but if you want to win with a cheap standard deck, Goblins is pretty much your only option.

The article was about competing in standard with a cheap deck, not about doing something "interesting" or "rogue."  You can brew to your hearts content, but if you want to win with a cheap standard deck, Goblins is pretty much your only option.

Take a look at the other BoaB articles; there is a lot of variety and a lot of "interesting" decks.  I think anyone who is looking to be competitive in tournaments already knows how to put together a goblin deck.

I won't say my FNM is on par with a PTQ or something that competitive, but I was able to be competitive and beat decks like Valakut and UW Control with a $10 mono-black Vampires deck. Goblins isn't your only option, it's just the most obviously powerful.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)
Hey guys! I just got back into Magic about a month ago after playing the xbox games (I played back in 1999-2001). Anyways, after doing some research and using this BOAB section, I decided to run Kuldotha Red since it seemed cost efficient and fun. I used the BOAB Into The Breach writeup, even though I couldn't find an Into the Breach deck. I was really happy with it (I had some small changes I made to it so it played how I like), but I found that against better players, K-Red got shut down, and it got really annoying either winning in 3 turns or effectively playing from draw to draw after board clearing.

I decided to take my half goblin half artifact/kred deck and go full blow goblins! I just finished my deck yesterday and thought it was funny to see Goblins pop up for this week's BOAB. I think my deck plays very well, so I wanted to share it:

1 Drop Creatures
----------------------
4x Goblin Guide
4x Spikeshot Elder
4x Goblin Bushwhacker

2 Drop Creatures
----------------------
3x Ember Hauler
4x Goblin Wardriver
2x Stormblood Berserker

3 Drop Creatures
----------------------
4x Goblin Cheiftain

Burn Package
----------------------
3x Forked Bolt
4x Shock
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Goblin Grenade

Lands
--------------------
4x Teetering Peaks
16x Mountain

Sideboard
--------------------
4x Goblin Ruinblaster (Anti-Valakut; Anti-Manland in Control)
4x Shatter (Some say Manic Vandel here, but I like instant speed 2 drop removal. I have plenty of creatures already. Anti-Tempred Steel, Swords, Wurmcoil)
4x Ratchet Bomb (This may be a very slow answer, but it's the best way I can think of to stop T-Steel, K-Red, and Firewalkers with 1 card)
3x Leyline of Punishment (Another answer for Firewalker and Wurmcoil Engine's)

Okay, let me start by saying this deck is FUN! It plays fast and can contend mid game where K-Red couldn't. I finally shelled out $20 on a playset of Guides (which I wouldn't buy for K-Red, thinking I could make it without them). All the cards have great synergy, including stormblood. He doesn't get +1/+1 off of the Chief, but forcing your opponent to double block him or let him through is awesome for a 3/3 two-drop (you should never miss bloodthirst with him in this deck).

My burn spells may shock you (pun intended). Not having Incinerate, and having not 4, but effectively 7 shocks (with 3x forked bolts). I really like having all my burn be a 1 drop, because you can essentially end your turn knowing that your 1 open land can be used if needed (and it should be used). It's awesome to win a game with 3 open mana by dropping a Gobllin nade, Lightning bolt, and Shock for 10. I would actually play 4 of bolt over shock if I had them (I only have 3 forked bolt and ember hauler which opened up a slot for 2 stormblood's coincidently) because it's awesome to remove 2 creatures for 1 mana (splitting for 1 and 1) or removing 1 creature and dealing 1 damage to your opponent.

For creatures, I didn't consider Tuktuk, but I don't think he really fits. On turn 3 I want to drop soemthing other than a 1/1 haste, even if he nets me a 5/5 vanilla on t4. Arsonist's are a fun card, but they really don't offer much that my burns don't handle. I want my 1 drops to do more (Guide swings for 2 hasted; spikeshot has burn potential that can't be countered; bushwhacker can be kicked for an alpha strike).

I think the BOAB deck can definitely be fun, but I really think that this deck would be more effective (at least in my meta).

i started with the the event deck and came up with a goblin deck i edited the deck so much that I do not reconize it as the event deck. I was the one described in the article this week I went home and worked with what i had in my private collection ( i hade 3 decks and trade stuff that was stolen in Baltimore.) I am about to finish the deck list off and I have a burn package in the deck that uses shrine of buring rage. The side board i used was full black except for 3 mandic vandal. I wanted to make my oponents think i was playing a version of vampires while in fact I am beating you with goblins while you are recovering from me not playing vampires the following is the list that I sent to Jacob and what he based this from. :

4 Goblin Bushwhacker
4 Goblin Chieftain
4 Goblin Guide
4 Spikeshot Elder
4 Shock
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Shrine of Burning Rage
4 Volt Charge
2 Galvanic Blast
4 Incinerate
2 Red Sun's Zenith
4 Bloodshot Trainee
4 Blackcleave Cliffs
4 Dragonskull Summit
8 Mountain
Sideboard:
4 Dismember
4 Go for the Throat
4 Doom Blade
3 Manic Vandal

after the article i see what i am going to change the 4 volt charges will be goblin guides and I am happy to come out and claim that I was the one that approached Jacob during his break. I knew who he is and figured that he can help me out I always play red or green and can not afford valakut heck i play blue too not much white despite i like g/w quest and not much black but i felt black was the best choice in the deck and it's sideboard.

I write a weekly article too @ www.atgmtg.blogspot.com/
IN SOUTH CENTRAL PA ? NORTH MARYLAND ? JOIN UP FOR A PLAYER'S NETWORK DESIGNED TO GET YOU INVOLVED WITH OTHER PLAYERS http://community.wizards.com/southcentralpanorthmd I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determine
What would be a good replacement for goblin guide in this deck?

It is currently running at $7 per card which seems a little pricy for a budget goblin deck.

By, "a little pricy," I mean there is no way in hell I'm buying that card, even if it does fit perfectly with the deck. :\

Edit: I'm wondering what you could use in place of Lightning bolt once 2011 rotates out too.

Actually, there is none. Same goes for Lightning Bolt, it is just so much better than everything else. (I suspect we will see a lesser power level in future editions, taking out Lightning Bolt is a step towards that, making 3 Toughness mean something again.)

You might try grabbing a Grim Lavamancer, but it is neither a goblin, nor does it follow the game plan.

Considering Shock: There is just no single reason to ever play Shock instead of Burst Lightning as long as Burst Lightning is legal. BL is common, grab 4 together with the next card mailorder, or ask some drafters to give them to you for free.
Yeah, lavamancers wouldn't help much in saving money or working with the deck as an alternative.

After I checked up on all the currently legal goblin cards I figured there wasn't a viable replacement, but I hoped I was missing something.

Why IS goblin guide so expensive? 
Goblin Guide is expensive because its a Rare and it is really, really good. Best red 1-drop in years good.

~ Tim
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
Goblin Guide is expensive because its a Rare and it is really, really good. Best red 1-drop in years good.

~ Tim

Hm, is it very useful in many other red decks then?

I mean, if it's -the- best red one drop out there, you could throw it into nearly any red deck and have it be useful right? 

~ Tim

Hm, is it very useful in many other red decks then?

I mean, if it's -the- best red one drop out there, you could throw it into nearly any red deck and have it be useful right? 

Look at it this way. Most one-drop 2/2s have drawbacks, like Nettle Sentinel. Goblin Guide gets HASTE. Yes, there's the land thing, but compared to other one-drop 2/2's drawbacks, that's not much.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)

It is rare for me to build a deck that has red in it without having Goblin Guides.

Even if you treat them like a burn spell that does 2-6 damage to your opponent for 1 mana, and not like a creature.

Im so gonna miss the little guy in October.

~ Tim

Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:

I won't say my FNM is on par with a PTQ or something that competitive, but I was able to be competitive and beat decks like Valakut and UW Control with a $10 mono-black Vampires deck. Goblins isn't your only option, it's just the most obviously powerful.

I'd really like to know how you built a mono black competitive vampire deck for 10$ 
I'd really like to know how you built a mono black competitive vampire deck for 10$ 

Well, I already owned some of the cards but for the most part it involved only getting dollar rares, like Bloodchief Ascension (my ace in the hole against Control decks) and the fact that Zendikar had a lot of awesome aggro vampires at common and uncommon. When I say competitive keep in mind I wasn't placing first, but I was consistently able to pull off 3-2 and 4-1s. And with Tectonic Edge and Contaminated Ground I could handle Valakut, which was THE deck back when I played this thing. Also keep in mind this was strictly FNMs.
For the record; except for a sideboard change; this deck made top8 on a Last Chance Qualifier for French nationals:
www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.a...

The change made is: -4 Automaton in the sideboard; +3 manic vandal (which makes it a nice and legal 15 card sideboard).
I played a list very close to this, switching out Incinerates for Searing Blaze (because it's frankly better), and I added in the Zendikar fetchlands I already own, and it's very consistent. I've only run into problems with UW control decks that stall me out until they reach 6 mana and just eat my guys with their Celestial Colonnade. It's so painful to watch your Goblin Chieftain get Mana Leaked and everything else get blocked by "Serra Angel" Land and your Teetering Peaks guy get Tumble Magneted. Otherwise, this deck does wail on everything else. Unfortunately, the most popular deck at tournaments is the UW deck. How annoying.
I played a Goblins deck at the 10-player Standard tournament at my FLGS today. This was my list:

10 x Mountain
4 x Teetering Peaks
4 x Arid Mesa
2 x Scalding Tarn
2 x Smoldering Spires
4 x Spikeshot Elder
1 x Tuktuk the Explorer
2 x Warren Instigator
4 x Goblin Bushwhacker
4 x Goblin Chieftain
4 x Goblin Guide
3 x Goblin Wardriver
1 x Adaptive Automaton
4 x Goblin Grenade
4 x Lightning Bolt
4 x Searing Blaze
3 x Dismember

Sideboard
1 x Dismember
3 x Tuktuk Scrapper
2 x Slagstorm
3 x Tunnel Ignus
2 x Brittle Effigy
2 x Torpor Orb
1 x Tectonic Edge
1 x Manabarbs

I went 3-1, beating Naya Allies, U/B Infect Control (based on the Event Deck), U/B Control and losing the finals to U/B control. I came 2nd. :D

~ Tim

Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
I played a Goblins deck at the 10-player Standard tournament at my FLGS today. This was my list:

10 x Mountain
4 x Teetering Peaks
4 x Arid Mesa
2 x Scalding Tarn
2 x Smoldering Spires
4 x Spikeshot Elder
1 x Tuktuk the Explorer
2 x Warren Instigator
4 x Goblin Bushwhacker
4 x Goblin Chieftain
4 x Goblin Guide
3 x Goblin Wardriver
1 x Adaptive Automaton
4 x Goblin Grenade
4 x Lightning Bolt
4 x Searing Blaze
3 x Dismember

Sideboard
1 x Dismember
3 x Tuktuk Scrapper
2 x Slagstorm
3 x Tunnel Ignus
2 x Brittle Effigy
2 x Torpor Orb
1 x Tectonic Edge
1 x Manabarbs

I went 3-1, beating Naya Allies, U/B Infect Control (based on the Event Deck), U/B Control and losing the finals to U/B control. I came 2nd. :D

~ Tim

What's the point of Arid Mesa, and Scalding Tarn when you only have mountains in your deck?

Why not just add more mountains, since they don't come into play tapped or cost life?

Bonus question: Did you find anything you wanted to change in your deck while playing that tournament?

What's the point of Arid Mesa, and Scalding Tarn when you only have mountains in your deck?

Why not just add more mountains, since they don't come into play tapped or cost life?

The lands dont ETB tapped with Arid Mesa (you might be thinking of Terramorphic Expanse etc).

The main reason for them was to allow me to achieve Landfall on my opponent's turn (to power up my Searing Blazes), and then secondly to thin my deck out and allow me to draw more spells as the game progressed (I rarely wanted more that 3 lands on the table).

Bonus question: Did you find anything you wanted to change in your deck while playing that tournament?

I sided in Tuktuk Scrapper almost every game - it would have been better to have 1-2 in the maindeck.

I sided in Torpor Orb to often - I kept forgetting that it doesnt help that much against Grave Titan since it only stops the ETB triggers (they still get tokens when it attacks). I was taking out my Bushwhackers for them, which slowed me down. The only time I really benefitted from the Orb was vs Allies, where it won me a game with ease.

Apart from that I was pretty happy with the list.

~ Tim
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
I'm not positive what you see as 'building on a budget' and what kind of price range you think that would be but I built and finished my Goblin deck for $34 bucks and I guarantee it's 20x better than that.