squares takes that damage instead, then this
creature takes 5 damage.

An Allie creature with this power:
Stone Form: Replaces attack action: This creature
cannot take actions, does not provide fl anking, and has
Resist 20 All. It does not count as a creature in a victory
area for the purpose of scoring VP. This effect lasts until
the start of this creature’s next turn.

The combo consist in making the damage that will be used on brain in the jarr be transfered to the "stoned" allie. At my point of view, only if the attacking creature doing more that the Xdamage the "stoned" creature will take the damage.

I was questioned about the legimity, but i simply cannot think that a resist all creature cannot avoid the transfered damage. Also is my undestanding that this power from Brain in the Jarr is not a redirect attack.

Am i right (or not) on my way of thinking?
Oh, and let's get it also clarified whether "damage" here means effects also?
Hmmm. 
According to my calculations, 'would take' is before resistance, and takes is usually supposed to be after all resistance is applied (this is clearer in the new rules).  I can think of exceptions, unfortunately, due to some poorly worded cards, so this works for the time being (until we decide that it can't any more).
So, let me get this straight, you are saying that according to the rules it should not work, but for now it works anyway, unless it seems strong, in which case it will not work? Hmm, kinda handy, but not very helpful when trying to determine how to read other such powers...

How about my damage q? Anything on it? No hurry of course, can wait until after GenCon, I'm imagining you're kinda busy...
IMO there is no reason to think effects would be transferred.
So BiaJ will take ongoing and whatever other conditions may be caused by an attack.
When ongoing would cause damage BiaJ can again transfer that, because servants can
be oh so protective of their masters ... sweet really , isn't it Tongue out

Now that dazed prevents use of activated powers Papa's handy trick is metawise
far less devastating than it would have been 3 weeks ago (still quite nice).
Something which can't be said about fog, methinks...
So, let me get this straight, you are saying that according to the rules it should not work, but for now it works anyway, unless it seems strong, in which case it will not work? Hmm, kinda handy, but not very helpful when trying to determine how to read other such powers...

How about my damage q? Anything on it? No hurry of course, can wait until after GenCon, I'm imagining you're kinda busy...

If its an issue, we'll see about addressing it.
My point is, it really probably should NOT work, but to make it not work, we probably need to address a whole mess of cards with the phrase 'take' on it.  Which I'd like to do, but time is, as you point out, short, and with me providing a custom set of minis for league at Gencon) time is really, really short/