How I shot Web /X\(;::;)/X\ omg spiders!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
So this deck isnt supposed to be competative in standard tournament levels, but I want to have fun with the new spider fatty who can place removal enchants on enemy creatures every turn anywhere from 1-4 targets depending on how many spiders i want to tap.  I also think the new trio of Empire artifacts look fun to play with, so I want to put them in the deck too.

Basically, its supposed to just be a fun standard deck, and if it could be viable, any advice would be appriciated.  Also, I realize that it could probably be a much better deck with more spiders, no empire artifacts, and other spells added, and I might try that later, but for now I want to test the new artifacts =).

Blightwidows because infect makes for a scary blocker, grapplers for their mana cost, although i might MD sporecaps instead, 5 toughness is great for 3 cost.  Beast within for plainswalker removal/flexibility.  Can use a few webs early to remove some creatures, but should save most of them if possible for when spinner comes out.  His ability will be great to use during the opponents turn even on any creatures really, considering the webs cost no mana and they will be back next turn.  Reclaim is in there just incase one of your empire trio gets nuked, and stingerfling is for decks with lots of flyers.

Basic Strategy:

Get some spiders on the board to keep opponents creatures at bay so you can get webs/artifacts out and hopefully a spinner.  Hopefully it wont take too many turns to get the 3 empire artifacts out, their abilities are silly once you do, and are helpful even without all 3.  I guess this deck would be sort of like green control..  I dont know.

Thoughts?  Ideas to improve?  Mocking?
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
To be honest, I don't think you need the extra spiders. Arachnus Spinner and his Web is probably all you need. Besides thematic stuff, you don't actually get an increased benefit from running lots of Spiders.

The artifacts aren't worth the space; they're cool flavour, but actually assembling the combo without any card draw or tutoring is a fool's dream, I think.

I think you want to fill the rest of your deck out with green mana acceleration and such. You probably want Garruk, Primal Hunter in there as well.
You can run Ancient Stirrings to find missing Empire cards that you are missing.
Team GFG: Great Flatbread Gangsters
Accomplishments
Top 8 Charlotte Regionals 2011- Qualified for Nationals 1st place TCG Player Qualifier- Qualified for TCG Player Championship 2nd place SCG Invitational Qualifier Top 32 SCG Charlotte Open 2011 (7-2, stupid tiebreakers)
MTGO name: Battle7
if this is ment to be casual, then put it in the casual forums please?
w00t hit my 1000th post on 4/25/2010
Show
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

56859838 wrote:
Well obviously goblins breed at a rate of millions of times per year, thus in a few years they had evolved into a new species... you know or....
Show
63344365 wrote:
Your asking for proof that the ocean is wet, while your standing on the beach.
56733088 wrote:
Are these rankings all anonymus? Can I go rank everybody I think is mafia with 1 star?
•Collecting a complete foil set of Zendikar block both on Magic Online and in paper Magic does not entitle you to one (1) free Richard Garfield. Because that would be slavery, and slavery is bad.
slayer of fluffy, and single handedly annoyed half of the flavor/storyline group in one fell swoop[/sblock]