Student of Battle [Multi-Class Warlord]

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a figther that took this Feat.  The way I interpret this feat is that once a day, you get to use the Inspiring Word, Warlord power.  This power says that during an encounter, you can use it twice, but not on the same round.

My DM says that I can only use it once day and then only once during that encounter.  Can someone shed some light on this?  Thanks.
I have a figther that took this Feat.  The way I interpret this feat is that once a day, you get to use the Inspiring Word, Warlord power.  This power says that during an encounter, you can use it twice, but not on the same round.

My DM says that I can only use it once day and then only once during that encounter.  Can someone shed some light on this?  Thanks.

You can use it once a day, period.

If you try to use it twice in an encounter, it's more than once a day.  So, you can use it once a day.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
The feat overrides the general use of the power which is 2/encounter. Instead you can use it 1/day because your feat says this. Specific rulings override the more general rulings in the 4th edition system. I understand how the wording can be confusing, and if the search engine is behaving today for you, I am sure you can look up quite a few threads showing other debates on this and the similar feat that allows a non cleric to use healing word 1/day.
The feat overrides the general use of the power which is 2/encounter. Instead you can use it 1/day because your feat says this. Specific rulings override the more general rulings in the 4th edition system. I understand how the wording can be confusing, and if the search engine is behaving today for you, I am sure you can look up quite a few threads showing other debates on this and the similar feat that allows a non cleric to use healing word 1/day.

Thanks everyone.  The wording is definitely confusing, but at any rate, I stand corrected.
The wording is definitely confusing, ...

No it is not, the wording it explicit and straight forward. The only other thing you might need are the 3 basic rules which are the first rules in the PHB
THis is a case of people creating their own confusion, normally by trying to miss read the text to get something extra, or not reading the rules properly in the first place. 

No it is not, the wording it explicit and straight forward. The only other thing you might need are the 3 basic rules which are the first rules in the PHB
THis is a case of people creating their own confusion, normally by trying to miss read the text to get something extra, or not reading the rules properly in the first place. 

No, not quite.  This feat could be easily interpreted like this: the Feat gives the power Inspiring Word 1/day rather than 1/encounter.  The power Inspiring Word can be used twice in an encounter.  So, if in a single day you have 10 encounters, a Warlord coud have give up to 20 surges.  This feat, however, would only allow two surges, and both would have to be applied in one encounter.

And thank you very little for your unkind comments and implication of stupidity.

No, not quite.  This feat could be easily interpreted like this: the Feat gives the power Inspiring Word 1/day rather than 1/encounter.  The power Inspiring Word can be used twice in an encounter.  So, if in a single day you have 10 encounters, a Warlord coud have give up to 20 surges.  This feat, however, would only allow two surges, and both would have to be applied in one encounter.

And thank you very little for your unkind comments and implication of stupidity.

Ecxept the feat says once per day, not in one encounter per day. Once you use the power once the feats limit is meet, and you can not use it again. The power text would apply, but under specific beats general the feats wins out, and its once per day limit is hard set. 

And I said nothing baout being stupid, I said creating their own confusion, which has nothing to do with your intilligentce level, and more to do with attention to detail and how you approach the books.  You are getting a missreading because you are reading the book wrong. This has nothing to do with intilligence and everything to do with method. 

Ecxept the feat says once per day, not in one encounter per day. Once you use the power once the feats limit is meet, and you can not use it again. The power text would apply, but under specific beats general the feats wins out, and its once per day limit is hard set. 

And I said nothing baout being stupid, I said creating their own confusion, which has nothing to do with your intilligentce level, and more to do with attention to detail and how you approach the books.  You are getting a missreading because you are reading the book wrong. This has nothing to do with intilligence and everything to do with method. 

Fair enough.  I withdraw my last statement.
I ran across this thread as I have also taken this multicast feat. I'm still unclear why the wording of the feat would make this a daily power AND cancel out the special circumstance to the power. The special guidance allows for two instances per one use of the power. The feat wording makes this power available once per day rather than once per encounter but it doesn't indicate any other changes to the power or cancellation of the special guidance the power includes.  I would think that if the intention were to make this daily with only one instance per use of the power, the feat would indicate once per day, one instance thus disregarding the special guidance of the power. 
These Leader MC Powers get a modified usage frequency of once per day, regardless of what the power is or say. Also despite what the Character Builder say, those powers do not become Daily power and instead remain Encounter powers.  

In other word, as an MC Leader you don't get to use the Power on a per encounter basis but once per day, this even if the Power is an Encounter Power normally used once per encounter and even if it says it can be used twice per encounter instead, because the usage frequency exception lies in the Feat.

Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round. At 16th level, you can use this power three times per encounter.

Sign In to post comments