Wow, so Extended is pretty dead, huh?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Maybe this board should be replaced with the new Modern format...

Or atleast a Modern board should be added.

>implying anyone will read this while it's listed under Extended
The problem with Extended is that everyone sees it as a PTQ format, and that's only if they want to even bother. It used to be an awesome format. I'd actually say that even the last season had some awesome decks until people realized that U/W Faeries is an incredibly busted deck. And so Stoneforge Mystic dominated yet another format.
Current decks: Type II: B/R Vampires Extended: Modern: U/G Scapeshift 1.5: Ichorid, Elf Combo
Wizard announced at comicon that Modern will play a big part in the next year.  RIP Extended.
See ya later Extended. Never knew you, but you sure were a bitch.

Love,

Every other format. 
Photobucket
Well, the irony is that a lot of the current extended decks are still going to be solid players in the Modern format, though jund would have to become much faster and more disruptive, maindecking an ass-load of hand disruption and probably curving out at bloodbraid elf. Maybe a 4-color naya/jund hybrid, using SFM and dark confidants as CA while relying on 8-12 maindeck disruption spells (IoK, thoughtsieze, blightning, liliana's specter).

Photobucket
Well, the irony is that a lot of the current extended decks are still going to be solid players in the Modern format, though jund would have to become much faster and more disruptive, maindecking an ass-load of hand disruption and probably curving out at bloodbraid elf. Maybe a 4-color naya/jund hybrid, using SFM and dark confidants as CA while relying on 8-12 maindeck disruption spells (IoK, thoughtsieze, blightning, liliana's specter).

This is probably true to some extent, though they will change with additional cards in the pool, and (ideally) with much more competition.  The more players, means more interactions, means more innovation, means more decks, means more fun.
I like this modern format hope it pans out
The level of irony now in this thread amuses me.

Modern is here to officially supplant it (www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...) , and Extended is a dead man walking. My condolences to all of you who payed and nurture the format; it deserved a more dignified death.
Sign In to post comments