Proposed Fixes for the Assassin (PEACH)

110 posts / 0 new
Last post

By now most of us know how horribly underwhelming the assassin class was. Lets face it. It was outright depressing. In many threads I have read, many people have stated that the real problem with the assassin was its powers, and I agree. The powers are rather lackluster, and the class can't be "patched" just by adding what amounts to feat taxes. What I am proposing is more than that. Since WotC seems to have left the Ossassin in the dust, along with most of core 4th edition, it is up to the community to come to the poor assassin's rescue. So, I propose these fixes.

Class Traits

Role: Striker. You are the ghost in the night and the whisper on the wind. Barriers are worthless against you, and you strike your foes with sudden, precise force. You lean toward controller as a secondary role.
Power Source: Shadow. You have bound your soul to the Shadowfell and become a being of darkness.
Key Abilities: Dexterity, Charisma, Constitution, Intelligence

Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, Leather
Weapon Proficiencies: One-handed simple melee, military heavy blades, military light blades, simple ranged.
Implements: Ki focuses
Bonus to Defense: +1 Fortitude, +1 Will

HP at 1st level: 12 + Constitution score.
HP gained each level: 5
Healing Surges per day: 7 + Constitution modifier.

Trained Skills: Stealth. From the class skills list below, choose four more trained skills at 1st level.
   Class Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Arcana (Int), Athletics (Str), Bluff (Cha), Endurance (Con), Insight (Wis), Perception (Wis), Stealth (Dex), Streetwise (Cha), Thievery (Dex)

Class Features: Basic Attack, Death Attack, Guild Training, shade form, shadow step

The Reasoning

WotC had one of their greatest SNAFUs right here. What kind of melee striker (I am not saying that it was strictly melee based, there was just no real support for ranged assassins) has the vitality of a controller? Sorry WotC, assassins aren't wizards, they didn't stay cooped up in their rooms reading books about magic. Part of their soul is in the Shadowfell, this should make them harder to kill. That argument could go both ways, so I'll leave it at that.

Class Features

Assassin's Shroud

Ah, the part that annoyed me the most about the assassin. Not only did this have crappy scaling, but it's "increase the damage" feat was garbage. Go give the rogue brutal 1 on sneak attack instead of d8s. He'll murder you. Furthermore, the following changes shall be made to Assassin's Shroud.

• Hidden Insight included in the power itself. (If the target is unaware of you, it's unaware of your shrouds)

• If someone OTHER THAN YOU reduces the target to 0 hit points before you invoke your shrouds you may transfer your shrouds to another target in range as a free action.

• At level 11 each shroud deals 2d6 instead of 1d6 + 3.

• At level 21 each shroud deals 3d6 instead of 1d6 + 6.

I have completely nixed this, and rolled something similiar to it into Death Attack. This will require changes to feats, although most feats that deal with shrouds could just change the word shroud to whatever.

The Reasoning

Another one of WotC's SNAFUs. I know they wanted to make the assassin feel unique, but the crappy scaling was not how they should have done it. In my opinion, the way that the shrouds could be used was unique enough, should have stopped there. I know you only lose out on 0.5 average damage per tier, but that's not the point. The point is maximum damage, especially with this crit-hunter theme I'm going for. Not to mention the ever-aggravating "Oh, your target died, too bad, you're never gonna see that damage." It gave no incentive to layer the shrouds. And, something I didn't know until just recently, Hidden Insight isn't included in Assassin's Shroud, and that just doesn't sit right with me. What's going on there? "Suddenly I feel as if an invisible shroud has settled on me!" Not likely that the goblin is gonna think that.

Death Attack

You have spent the better part of your life training to kill. You know exactly where to attack to kill your victims as fast as possible. Nothing escapes you alive.

Once per round, you can charge yourself with shadow magic. You can do this a maximum of four times. When you make an attack, you can release the shadow magic to deal an extra 1d6 damage for each charge. You choose whether to release the shadow magic before making the attack roll. If you miss, every charge except one deals extra damage. This extra damage increases to 2d6 at 11th level, and to 3d6 damage at 21st level.

In addition, when you release charged shadow magic, you score critical hits easier. You can score a critical hit on a roll of 19-20 with 1 charge, 18-20 with 2 charges, 17-20 with 3 charges, 16-20 with 4 charges. If you released charged shadow magic on a power with multiple attack rolls, you gain this benefit on all attack rolls involved in that power.

Shadow Step

This power was actually good, and it got better after I realized that "creature" included allies, monsters, and NPCs, I only have one qualm with this, and propose this change. You may end the teleport adjacent to the same creature that you started it at.

The Reasoning

If I'm stepping through the Shadowfell through their shadows, I should be able to end up by the same dang creature. End of story.

Shade Form

Not gonna lie, I thought this was great, up until I found out that you couldn't attack while in it. So basically this power became "Stealth Mode" and "Get Into Position." To give it more of a use than that, I propose this. If you reduce an enemy to 0 HP or less with an attack in which you invoked at least 4 shrouds, you gain one additional use of Shade Form until the end of your next short or extended rest. Also, at level 21, you gain phasing while in shade form. NOTE: I borrowed this idea shamelessly from a thread on giant in the playground. I give credit to whoever it was that came up with this idea.

The Reasoning

Shade Form is really just a way of getting around the battlefield, since you can't attack. Therefore, you should be able to get it back so you can position yourself again. The phasing is to fit with the fluff where it says that you can move through obstacles or whatever. Many epic destinies grant at-will phasing and insubstantial, so I don't really see this as a problem.

Guild Training

Another sucky part of the assassin was it's crappy choice of guild training. You got to choose between a fairly conditional damage bonus or temp hp when attacking unbloodied creatures. I believe that guild training should be a little more tied in to the shroud death attack charge (as I now call it) mechanic. If you can't tell yet, I think the assassin should be, to quote another, "married" to their striker feature. Rogue's like their sneak attack, but it's not tied in to their other features for the most part. The way it works, the shrouds should have been tied in way more than they are. Also, guild training should affect fighting style more than who you target, and I also want to give a little more incentive to stack the shrouds charges instead of popping them every turn. So, I propose some new Guilds for your assassin to originate from. NOTE: All guild benefits apply only to Assassin powers and basic attacks, unless specifically noted otherwise.

• Twilight Hunter Guild: When you use a power with the teleportation keyword, you gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to your Charisma modifier until the end of your next turn.

• Needle's Poison Guild: You gain the envenom power. If you deal ongoing damage to a creature that is already taking ongoing damage of that type, increase the ongoing damage by the amount you would have dealt. For example, Bob hits the goblin and uses envenom. The goblin is now taking 5 ongoing necrotic and poison damage. Bob hits the same goblin and uses envenom again. The goblin is now taking 10 ongoing necrotic and poison damage. (I give credit for the name of this guild to my DM, who made it up for our campaign.)  
    Envenom

EnvenomAssassin Feature
    You lace your weapon with poison made from pure shadow.
    At-Will Shadow, Necrotic, Poison
    No Action - Personal
    Trigger:You hit a creature with an attack that deals damage.
    Target:The creature you hit
    Effect: The triggering attack deals 5 ongoing necrotic and poison damage (save ends). This ongoing damage is in addition to ongoing damage that the triggering attack deals, if any.
    Level 11:10 ongoing necrotic and poison damage.
    Level 21:15 ongoing necrotic and poison damage.

• Death's Whisper Guild: You gain proficiency with Military Ranged weapons. You gain a bonus to damage rolls against creatures you are hidden from equal to your Intelligence modifier. In addition, if you miss all targets of an attack using a ranged weapon while you are hidden, you remain hidden.

The Reasoning

I kind of already said most of it. The Nightstalkers and Bleak Disciples sucked as guilds, and the guilds should deal with the shrouds charges a bit more. Obviously I reworked this. They don't deal with charges at all, and instead rely more on their secondary stat, with the exception of Needle's Poison, which is slightly more powerful to compensate for backloaded damage.

Powers

While poking around the forums, I found that most people agree that it's not the class features so much as the powers that need fixing. I don't have the time to think of powers right now, but I will try to update this as often as I can. Stay tuned and we'll see if I can't think of anything. I will say right now that I'm gonna have an at-will associated with each guild, kind of like the warlock, and a choice between at least two more.

Conclusion

I think that's all for now. I realize that some of these things may be overpowered, but the assassin should at least get to see the light of overpoweredness, however brief it may be.

As the pdf has become extremely out-dated, I have taken the link out until I update the pdf.

Think the Ossassin sucks? Think again! Check out my attempt at a fix!

At-Will Powers

We all know that the Assassin at-wills sucked, with the exception of Shadow Storm, which was adequate, and Inescapable Blade, which became somewhat decent with a reach weapon. We also know that WotC won't seem to give out new material other than feat taxes that should have been part of the feature itself.

Anyways, on to the good stuff. I've decided to model the at-will system for the Assassin in much the same way as the Warlock, in that your choice of guild gives you one of your at-wills. You get to choose between two others. Have at it.

Normal At-Wills

Choose between the following two powers.

Shrouding CutAssassin (All) Attack 1
As you channel shadow magic through your blade, you melt into your shadow.
At-Will Shadow, Cold, Weapon
Standard Action - Melee Weapon
Target:One creature
Attack:Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier cold damage and you gain partial concealment from the target until the end of your next turn.
Level 21: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier cold damage. 
Special: You can use this power as a melee basic attack.

Shadow BoltAssassin (All) Attack 1
You fire a bolt of pure shadow at your target, piercing through its defenses and leaving it vulnerable to attack.
At-Will Shadow, Cold, Implement
Standard Action - Ranged 20
Attack:Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d10 + Dexterity modifier cold damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of your next turn.
Level 21: 2d10 + Dexterity modifier cold damage.
Special: You can use this power as a ranged basic attack.

Guild At-Wills

Isolating ShadowsAssassin (Night Stalker) Attack 1
You grab hold of your foe's shadow and whisk it away from its allies.
At-Will Shadow, Implement, Teleportation
Standard Action - Melee 1
Hit: 1d10 + Dexterity modifier damage, and you can teleport the target 1 square to a square adjacent to you.
   Level 21: 2d10 + Dexterity modifier damage, and you can teleport the target up to 2 squares to a square adjacent to you.

Shadow VenomAssassin (Needle's Poison) Attack 1
The shadow magic in your weapon flows into your victim, poisoning their very life force.
At-Will Shadow, Necrotic, Poison, Weapon
Standard Action - Melee or Ranged weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier necrotic and poison damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to save against ongoing damage.
   Level 21: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier necrotic and poison damage, and the target takes a -4 penalty to save against ongoing damage. 

Silent ArrowAssassin (Death's Whisper) Attack 1
You let loose an arrow, all the while weaving shadows around yourself,silencing your actions and keeping yourself hidden from your enemies.
At-Will Shadow, Weapon
Standard Action - Ranged weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage. If you were hidden when you made this attack, you can make a stealth check to hide if you have cover or partial concealment until the end of your turn, with a -2 penalty to the stealth check.
   Level 21: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.

Twilight StrikeAssassin (Twilight Hunter) Attack 1
You jump through the shadows, catching your foe by surprise and striking at its most vulnerable point.
At-Will Shadow, Weapon
Standard Action - Melee weapon
Effect: You can use your shadow step power to teleport to a square adjacent to the target.
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier + Charisma modifier damage.
  Level 21: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier + Charisma modifier damage.

Vampiric StrikeAssassin (Bleak Disciple) Attack 1
You land a blow against your opponent and shudder as you absorb its vitality.
At-Will Shadow, Weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, and you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.
   Level 21: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, and you gain temporary hit points equal to 4 + your Constitution modifier.

Encounter Powers

If you're here, you most likely know about the abysmal encounter powers that the assassin has. The level 1 encounter powers had one shining gem in Gloom Thief, but one power is not enough, so I'm going to be coming up with some new encounter powers.

Level 1 Powers

Blood StrikeAssassin Attack 1
You strike deep into your foe's essence, causing it to lose life as quickly as it's losing blood.
Encounter Shadow, Necrotic, Poison, Weapon
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier necrotic and poison damage and the target takes 5 ongoing damage (save ends).
Needle's Poison: The ongoing damage is equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier.

Shadow BarrageAssassin Attack 1
You assault your foes with a storm of projectiles, distracting them as you slip out of sight.
Encounter Shadow, Cold, Necrotic, Weapon
Target:Up to three creatures
Attack:Dexterity vs. AC; three attacks
Hit: 1[W] cold and necrotic damage.
Effect: You are invisible to the target until the end of your next turn.
Death's Whisper: If you were hidden when you made this attack, you gain a bonus to the damage rolls equal to half your Intelligence modifier.

Shadow RiftAssassin Attack 1
You open a rift to the Shadowfell, assaulting those within its grasp with its dark energy.
Encounter Shadow, Cold, Implement, Necrotic, Zone
Minor Action - Area burst 1 in 10 squares
Target:Each creature in the burst
Attack:Dexterity vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 + Dexterity modifier cold and necrotic damage and the target is slowed (save ends).
Effect: The burst creates a zone of dark energy until the end of your next turn. Any creature that starts its turn in the zone takes 1d6 cold and necrotic damage. You are immune to this effect.
Sustain Minor: The zone persists.

Twilight LeapAssassin Attack 1
You leap from the shadows, catching your enemies by surprise.
Encounter Shadow, Cold, Necrotic, Teleportation, Weapon
Effect: You teleport up to 5 squares to a square adjacent to the target.
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier cold and necrotic damage.
Twilight Hunter: Any creature that was adjacent to you before you teleported as a part of this attack takes damage equal to your Charisma modifier.

Level 3 Powers

Gloaming HandAssassin Attack 3
A black hand rises from your opponent's shadow, holding it in place while you ready your final strike.
Encounter Shadow, Implement
Minor Action - Ranged 10
Hit: 1d8 damage, and the target is restrained until the end of your next turn.

Gloomshroud ArrowAssassin Attack 3
You let loose a projectile that you imbued with shadows, releasing inky darkness that clouds your opponent's vision.
Encounter Shadow, Weapon
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage and the target can only see objects within 2 squares of it until the end of your next turn.

ShadowplagueAssassin Attack 3
Just as your victim is about to recover, a flood of shadows surges past its defenses.
Encounter Shadow, Implement, Necrotic, Poison
Immediate Interrupt - Melee 1
Target:The triggering creature
Trigger: A creature makes a saving throw.
Hit: 2d8 + Dexterity modifier necrotic and poison damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to the triggering saving throw.
   Needle's Poison: The penalty is equal to your Constitution modifier.

Vanishing AssaultAssassin Attack 3
You take hold of your target as you jump through the shadows, taking it with you so you can finish it off.
Encounter Shadow, Teleportation, Weapon
Effect: Teleport the target up to 5 squares, then teleport up to 5 squares to a square adjacent to the target.
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.
Special: You can use this power instead of a melee basic attack when you charge.

Level 7 Powers

Gloaming WoundAssassin Attack 7
You inflict a grievous wound on your foe, severely weakening it and leaving it vulnerable to attack.
Encounter Shadow, Weapon
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, and the target is weakened and gains vulnerable 5 all until the end of your next turn.

Nightshade ArrowAssassin Attack 7
You fire a ghostly arrow that streaks across the sky in a bright flash, traveling unerringly for your opponent's heart, lighting the way for your next attacks.
Encounter Shadow, Cold, Necrotic, Weapon
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier cold and necrotic damage, and, until the end of your next turn, your attacks ignore any cover or superior cover that the target might have.
   Death's Whisper: If you are storing at least 2 charges, this attack ignores cover and superior cover.

Phantasmic ParryAssassin Attack 7
With a twist and a spin your opponent's weapon finds its way into its ally's throat.
Encounter Shadow, Implement
Immediate Interrupt - Melee touch
Trigger: An enemy hits you with a melee or close attack
Target:The enemy that hit you
Hit: 2d6 + Dexterity modifier damage and the triggering attack hits an enemy adjacent to you that is not the target.

Shadowflame FuryAssassin Attack 7
Your weapon blazes with black fire as you unleash a series of devastating blows.
Encounter Shadow, Fire, Necrotic, Weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier fire and necrotic damage per attack.
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, any creature that attacks you takes 5 fire and necrotic damage.
   Twilight Hunter: The damage is equal to 5 + your Charisma modifier.

Daily Powers

The daily powers that the assassin had available suffered much from the same disease that all their other powers suffered from. There were some decent ones, but they weren't spectacular like a daily should be, not to mention that the rest sucked. 1[W] + dex mod on a daily? That's ridiculous!

Level 1 Powers

Black VenomAssassin Attack 1
You assault your victim with shadow energy, poisoning not just its body, but its mind as well.
Daily Shadow, Implement, Necrotic, Psychic
Standard Action - Close burst 10
Target: One creature within the burst
Attack: Dexterity vs. Will
Hit: 3d10 + Dexterity modifier necrotic and psychic damage, and the target takes 5 ongoing necrotic and psychic damage and a -2 penalty to saving throws (save ends both).
Miss: Half damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to saving throws against ongoing damage until the end of your next turn.

Dark FlourishAssassin Attack 1
Your foe thinks it hits you. Then it finds its own weapon buried in its back.
Daily Shadow, Teleportation, Weapon
Immediate Interrupt - Melee weapon
Trigger: You are hit by an attack.
Target: The creature that hit you
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Effect: You teleport to a square adjacent to the target.
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, and the triggering attack hits the target instead.

Gathering DarknessAssassin Attack 1
Darkness swells from your weapon, keeping your enemies at bay while you destroy your victim.
Daily Shadow, Weapon
Effect: Darkness envelops the target (save ends). While the target is enveloped by darkness, it is blinded and enemies that are adjacent to you or the target take a -2 penalty to all defenses.

Whisper in the DarkAssassin Attack 1
Your target turns its head, thinking that it heard something, only to see an arrow heading straight for its eye.
Daily Shadow, Cold, Necrotic, Weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier cold and necrotic damage and the target is blinded (save ends).
Effect: You make a stealth check to become hidden. If you were hidden when you made this attack, you remain hidden.

Level 5 Powers

Consuming DarknessAssassin Attack 5
Shadows flow around your foes, absorbing their life force as they scream in agony.
Daily Shadow, Implement, Necrotic, Psychic, Zone
Standard Action - Area burst 1 in 10 squares
Target:Each creature in the burst
Attack:Dexterity vs. Will
Hit: 2d10 + Dexterity modifier necrotic and psychic damage, and the target is immobilized (save ends).
Effect: The burst creates a zone of darkness. Creatures within the zone cannot see outside of it. If a creature is reduced to 0 hit points while within the zone, you regain 5 hit points.
Sustain Minor: The zone persists.

Grasping ShadowsAssassin Attack 5
You reach out and take hold of two of your enemies with the shadows, then forcefully slam them together.
Daily Shadow, Implement, Reliable
Standard Action - Ranged 10
Target:Two creatures within 5 squares of each other
Effect: You slide both targets up to 3 squares to squares that are adjacent to each other.
Hit: 2d10 + Dexterity modifier damage and the target is grabbed. While the target is grabbed, you can slide it up to 3 squares at the beginning of its turn.
Sustain Minor: The grab persists and the target takes 1d10 damage.

Phantom BladeAssassin Attack 5
A ghostly image of your weapon follows an already deadly blow, and unleashes its own deadly shadow magic.
Free Action - Melee weapon
Trigger:You hit a creature while you are storing at least 3 charges.
Target:The target of the triggering attack
Hit: The triggering attack deals an extra 2[W] + Dexterity modifier cold and necrotic damage.
Effect: The target takes damage as if you had released your charges.

Radiant DarknessAssassin Attack 5
A ray of black energy pierces your opponent, causing it to shed darkness as if it were glowing.
Daily Shadow, Implement, Necrotic, Radiant
Hit: 3d12 + Dexterity modifier necrotic and radiant damage, and the target sheds darkness (save ends). While the target is shedding darkness, it is blinded, and enemies that are adjacent to it grant combat advantage.
Miss: Half damage and the target is blinded until the end of your next turn.

Level 9 Powers

Death's TouchAssassin Attack 9
Death permeates your very being and imbues your weapon with her icy touch, allowing you to cut down your foes with ease.
Hit: 4[W] + Dexterity modifier cold and necrotic damage, and until the end of the encounter, when you make a melee or close weapon attack, you deal extra cold and necrotic damage equal to your Charisma modifier.
Miss: Half damage, and you gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of your next turn.

Insidious GazeAssassin Attack 9
You bore into your victim's mind, rendering it powerless to defend itself.
Daily Shadow, Implement, Necrotic, Psychic
Standard Action - Ranged 5
Hit: 2d10 + Dexterity modifier necrotic and psychic damage, and the target is rendered helpless (save ends). Any damage will end this condition. If you were storing at least 3 charges when you made this attack the target is instead unconscious (save ends).
Miss: Half damage and the target takes a -5 penalty to all defenses until the end of your next turn.

Mindshatter ArrowAssassin Attack 9
You fire an incorporeal arrow of shadowy mist at your foe, breaking not its body, but its mind.
Daily Shadow, Psychic, Weapon
Hit: 3[W] + Dexterity modifier psychic damage, and the target is stunned (save ends).
Miss: Half damage, and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Tides of DarknessAssassin Attack 9
You tear a hole into the Shadowfell, assaulting your foe with ever increasing waves of death.
Daily Shadow, Implement, Necrotic, Poison, Zone
Attack:Dexterity vs. Fortitude; three attacks
Hit: 1d10 necrotic and poison damage for the first attack, 2d10 necrotic and poison damage for the second attack, and 2d12 necrotic and poison damage for the third attack.
Effect: A zone with a burst equal to the number of attacks that hit centered on the target is created. Any creature that dies within the zone cannot be revived. The zone lasts for the rest of the encounter.

Level 15 Powers
Nothing to report. Check back later.
Level 19 Powers
Level 25 Powers
Level 29 Powers

Utility Powers

Behold the future site of the Utility Powers! These are mostly on a backburner, due to the fact that the one part WotC didn't fail the assassin on were utility powers. So, yeah.

Feats

Heroic Tier Feats

Deadly Shadows

Prerequisite: Assassin, Death Attack class feature
Benefit: The extra damage dice from your Death Attack class feature increase from d6s to d8s.

Versatile Training

Prerequisite: Assassin, guild training class feature
Benefit: Select a new assassin guild training. When you take a short rest or an extended rest, you can choose to use the benefit of this new guild training instead of the one you have been using.
Special: You can take this feat multiple times, choosing a new guild training each time. When you take a short rest or an extended rest, you can choose to switch between the benefits of any of the guilds you have selected.

Paragon Tier Feats

Shrouds of Agony

Prerequisite: 11th level, assassin, Death Attack class feature
Benefit: When you release your charges, each charge deals extra damage equal to your Dexterity modifier.

Paragon Paths

Starting on the paragon paths now. I'm gonna get the mechanics out of the way first, then I'll come up with all the fluff. Just don't expect awesome back story for these right now.

Death's Whisper

Ghostly Sniper

Prerequisite: Assassin, Death's Whisper guild training

Death's Bow (11th level):
 You gain a Death's Bow. It is a bow with the high crit property, a +3 proficiency bonus, 1d10 damage, and a range of 20/40. It can be enchanted like any other weapon. The bow only works for you. The bow cannot be more than 5 squares away from you. If it is, it immediately teleports to you, and you can grab it as a free action. If you are incapable of grabbing it, it falls to the ground in your space.

Ghostly Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you teleport up to 5 squares as a free action.

Ghost Step (11th level): When you teleport, you become invisible until the end of your next turn.

Power of Death (16th level): While you are wielding your Death's Bow, you gain a bonus to ranged attacks equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Confounding ArrowsGhostly Sniper Attack 11
You leap between the shadows, delivering powerful shots all the while.
Encounter Shadow, Weapon
Effect: Teleport up to 5 squares and make a secondary attack.
Secondary Target: One creature
Secondary Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Effect: If both attacks hit the same creature, it is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Phantom's CloakGhostly Sniper Utility 12
As you adopt the form of a shade, you vanish from sight.
At-Will Shadow
Move Action - Personal
Requirement: You must be under the effect of shade form.
Effect: You teleport up to your speed.

Shadowstorm ArrowsGhostly Sniper Attack 20
You release arrow after arrow, each hit weakening your opponent's defenses.
Daily Shadow, Lightning, Necrotic, Weapon
Hit: 3[W] + Dexterity modifier lightning and necrotic damage per hit.
Effect: For each hit the target takes a cumulative -2 penalty to all defenses (save ends).

Needle's Poison

Venomous Shadow

Prerequisite: Assassin, Needle's Poison guild training

Insidious Venom(11th level):
 Ongoing damage that you deal ignores resistance and immunity.

Poisoned Shadow (11th level): You gain resistance to poison and necrotic damage equal to your Constitution modifier.

Venomous Shadow Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you end one effect on you that a saving throw can end.

Deathly Poison (16th level): You deal extra damage equal to your Constitution modifier against creatures taking ongoing poison damage.

I can't finish this at the moment, I'll post powers later.

Epic Destinies

This section will have at least one epic destiny, maybe more if I feel like it.

I actually have a list of houserules for Assassins that is mostly similar to yours.  Though you've given me some good ideas to consider.  Smile

- Base mechanics: fully agree
- Assassin's Shroud:  Interesting.  Only 1 avg damage greater than the 1d6+6, but greater returns on crit.  I like it.  Been trying to think of a way to handle Shrouds, and this seems like a good way.  Retains the old Assassin's Death Attack flavor (study opponent, then oneshot) while keeping solid DPR each round.  Also, fully agree with rolling Hidden Insight and the new feat from Dragon 401 that lets Assassins move shrouds on death into the class feature.  Though I'd make it a free action, only because immediate actions are hard to use with all the items that you can use (Strikebacks, Backlash tattoo, etc)

- Shadow Step: fully agree
- Shade Form:  Nice idea from Giant in the Playground (side note: Order of the Stick is awesome)

- Guilds:  Twilight Hunter is waaaaaaaaay too strong.  Bonus to attack and damage rolls and TWD as a bonus feat blow everything else out of the water.  Though the ideas for the guilds are nice.  I would roll some of them into the guilds that exist now and tweak them a bit.  Ex:

1. Bleak Disciple - Gain thp = Con mod on hit (remove unbloodied req).  Deal ongoing 5/10/15 (maybe feat to boost by 5 as well) upon invoking shrouds (with some requirement:  maybe need CA or concealment)
2. Night Stalker - Deal +Cha mod damage when attacking isolated target or if you used Shadow Step to move adjacent to it or if you break out of Shade Form with an attack. (Loosen the requirement for this to be more reliable).  Power bonus to damage = number of shrouds when you invoke.

Things I would add:
1. Poach the Executioner's Versatile Defense feature (you get TWD or Light Shield prof for free)
2. Either use Dex for MBA or have an at-will that counts as an MBA (like Eldritch Strike)

Edit: Just realized my Night Stalker is a bit weak.  Anything you can add would be great.
- Assassin's Shroud:  Interesting.  Only 1 avg damage greater than the 1d6+6, but greater returns on crit.  I like it.  Been trying to think of a way to handle Shrouds, and this seems like a good way.  Retains the old Assassin's Death Attack flavor (study opponent, then oneshot) while keeping solid DPR each round.  Also, fully agree with rolling Hidden Insight and the new feat from Dragon 401 that lets Assassins move shrouds on death into the class feature.  Though I'd make it a free action, only because immediate actions are hard to use with all the items that you can use (Strikebacks, Backlash tattoo, etc)

There's a feat for that? Had no idea. I just know that that was one of the most annoying things I've ever seen with this class. Ok, free action it is.

Guilds:  Twilight Hunter is waaaaaaaaay too strong.  Bonus to attack and damage rolls and TWD as a bonus feat blow everything else out of the water.  Though the ideas for the guilds are nice.  I would roll some of them into the guilds that exist now and tweak them a bit.

Yeah, I figured someone would call that out. I'll take off the attack bonus and TWD, how does that sound?

1. Bleak Disciple - Gain thp = Con mod on hit (remove unbloodied req).  Deal ongoing 5/10/15 (maybe feat to boost by 5 as well) upon invoking shrouds (with some requirement:  maybe need CA or concealment)
2. Night Stalker - Deal +Cha mod damage when attacking isolated target or if you used Shadow Step to move adjacent to it or if you break out of Shade Form with an attack. (Loosen the requirement for this to be more reliable).  Power bonus to damage = number of shrouds when you invoke.

I'd rather just leave those alone. People can use them if they want, but I still think they kinda suck. Unless we get some multi-attacking powers in here, which would actually make Nightstalkers just a bit better. Oh, and your suggestion would almost make the Bleak Disciple a battlerager. I am going to poach your idea for the ongoing damage. That gives it a little rogueish feeling, but keeps it unique. The problem with your Nightstalker suggestion is that suddenly, you could get that bonus every round just by using Shadow Step every round. I might come up with some fixes for those guilds, but I rather like the idea that the assassin doesn't really have a secondary stat.

Things I would add:
1. Poach the Executioner's Versatile Defense feature (you get TWD or Light Shield prof for free)
2. Either use Dex for MBA or have an at-will that counts as an MBA (like Eldritch Strike)

Versatile Defense doesn't really catch my eye too much as something I'd like here. Mostly because I don't picture an assassin weilding a shield unless he was throwing it (Captain America style!), but also because I plan on making a guild that specializes with big weapons, essentially weapons you wouldn't picture the stereotypical assassin using. Besides, the assassin is already proficient with light shields. Hmm. Maybe I'll use a slightly different version of it. And yes, I was planning on a Dex MBA at-will, at least. I just don't want this guy feeling too much like the executioner. Don't get me wrong, I love mine, but he's really more of a reflavored rogue than anything else. Part of why I want this class to survive.

EDIT: An idea has struck! Well, actually more of a memory. Someone called it Shadow Armor. Instead of light shields or TWD, you just got a +1 shield bonus while wearing light armor. I think I'll use that. 
There's a feat for that? Had no idea. I just know that that was one of the most annoying things I've ever seen with this class. Ok, free action it is.

Yea it just came out in Dragon 401.  Not sure of the name though since I don't have DDI, but it's been talked about.

I'd rather just leave those alone. People can use them if they want, but I still think they kinda suck. Unless we get some multi-attacking powers in here, which would actually make Nightstalkers just a bit better. Oh, and your suggestion would almost make the Bleak Disciple a battlerager. I am going to poach your idea for the ongoing damage. That gives it a little rogueish feeling, but keeps it unique. The problem with your Nightstalker suggestion is that suddenly, you could get that bonus every round just by using Shadow Step every round. I might come up with some fixes for those guilds, but I rather like the idea that the assassin doesn't really have a secondary stat.

That's fair.  I kinda wanted to work with the two guilds that already exist just because there's already powers with riders for them.  So tweaking them to be a little better was something I've been trying to balance out.  I like your revised guilds though.  I might poach some of the ideas and try to twist them in for my own games.  I'd still remove the unbloodied req for Bleak Disciple, but remove the scaling (just flat Con mod).  Makes it comparable to other things that grant self thp (Invigorating powers, Blackguard/Paladin at-wills, Radiant Recovery feat, etc), but doesn't get too strong in paragon and epic when it would get the +2/+4.  Keeps the Assassin durable, but without defender-level defenses.

Versatile Defense doesn't really catch my eye too much as something I'd like here. Mostly because I don't picture an assassin weilding a shield unless he was throwing it (Captain America style!), but also because I plan on making a guild that specializes with big weapons, essentially weapons you wouldn't picture the stereotypical assassin using. Besides, the assassin is already proficient with light shields. Hmm. Maybe I'll use a slightly different version of it. And yes, I was planning on a Dex MBA at-will, at least. I just don't want this guy feeling too much like the executioner. Don't get me wrong, I love mine, but he's really more of a reflavored rogue than anything else. Part of why I want this class to survive.

Huh, never noticed they already had light shield prof.  Love the Shadow Armor idea though; a lot more flexible and flavorful.

Edit:  Interested in seeing what you come up with for an Assassin MBA at-will.  An interesting idea might be to grant partial concealment after hitting.  Won't allow the Assassin to make a Stealth check, but a good defensive buff. 
It's Inexorable Shroud.
Yea it just came out in Dragon 401.  Not sure of the name though since I don't have DDI, but it's been talked about.

I did a little snooping and found out that the feat is called Inexorable Shroud. But yeah, I baked that into the feature rather than make it a feat tax. WotC is fine to errata something to nerf it, but to fix something, it seems they just release new feat taxes for it. How hard is it to write 1-2 more sentences in the power block?

EDIT: And lookie there, someone beat me to the punch. Guess that's what I get for being so long winded.

That's fair.  I kinda wanted to work with the two guilds that already exist just because there's already powers with riders for them.  So tweaking them to be a little better was something I've been trying to balance out.  I like your revised guilds though.  I might poach some of the ideas and try to twist them in for my own games.  I'd still remove the unbloodied req for Bleak Disciple, but remove the scaling (just flat Con mod).  Makes it comparable to other things that grant self thp (Invigorating powers, Blackguard/Paladin at-wills, Radiant Recovery feat, etc), but doesn't get too strong in paragon and epic when it would get the +2/+4.  Keeps the Assassin durable, but without defender-level defenses.

Yeah, your ideas for revising the old guilds aren't bad, just not what I'm looking for. Although, a suggestion for the Nightstalker: just give the bonus with combat advantage/concealment. Makes it slightly easier to get, without making it as easy as, "I use Shadow Step!"

Huh, never noticed they already had light shield prof.  Love the Shadow Armor idea though; a lot more flexible and flavorful.

Yeah, I kinda just noticed that too. And I like Shadow Armor too, just remember that it wasn't my idea first.

Interested in seeing what you come up with for an Assassin MBA at-will.  An interesting idea might be to grant partial concealment after hitting. Won't allow the Assassin to make a Stealth check, but a good defensive buff.

That's not a bad idea. I might use that. And I just realized that I partially left implement users in the dust. If you have any suggestions for that, I'd love to hear them.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention, I'm going for almost a complete reboot here for the assassin powers, which is why I'm trying to avoid the original guilds if possible. 
Ahh, right Inexorable Shroud.  Good to know.  Yea I'm not sure why they didn't just throw the text into the class feature.  With all the feat taxes, it's hard to really use your feats for anything else (Expertise, Improved Defenses, Weapon Focus, Weapon/Superior Implement Proficiency, not including any class feats to patch holes like the Assassin).

Good point on Night Stalker.  CA/concealment is a better idea.  I was kinda throwing out ideas since I hadn't thought about Night Stalker as much.

Yea, I've seen the Shadow Armor idea floating around before.  Wish they implemented that in the beginning or with the Executioner (you're right, it does feel like a reflavored Rogue)

Implement users seem to get left by the wayside a lot unfortunately.  With fixed damage dice, it's hard to make them balanced with [W] damage since it varies so much (anywhere from 1d8 to 2d6...that makes a big difference even with the 2-3[w] powers).  The only thing I can say is that cold, necrotic, poison, and psychic seem to be the energy types associated with the Shadowfell, so implement powers will mostly use one or more of those types.  Though if you put in a necrotic focus, you'll want some way to deal with resist/immunity (since all undead have that and they take up a sizeable portion of the Monster Manuals and such).  Or add on a second type like they did with Blackguards.

An idea might be to make MBA/RBA at-wills that use either weapon or implement.  Ex: a weapon MBA (like Eldritch Strike), weapon RBA (like some Seeker at-wills), implement MBA (like Vampire's Slam), implement RBA (like Eldritch Blast/some Sorcerer at-wills).  But that's pretty repetitive in the basic attack area, though the ability to use weapons/implements in melee or range is something that'd provide some flexibility.

Ok.  I kinda assumed you would look to just tweak the powers that already exist rather than make completely new ones.  That'll be an undertaking by itself. 
Yeah, all those basic attacks would be rather repetitive. Oh well, I'll make it work. Or maybe I'll just let them use Dex on a MBA.

And I know that making a bunch of new powers is gonna be quite the project, but it'll be well worth it in the end, especially if some of these ideas actually get adopted. How great would that be? I'll probably tweak some of the old powers to make them work better. I think it's mostly that the powers lean too much towards the controller sub-role to be of much use to a striker.
Pretty much.  For the most part, some minor action, immediate action, free action triggered attacks and such will yield higher damage in an encounter.  Standard actions being a bit controllery would be fine then since your off turn attacks help boost damage.

One thing I do like about a few of the Assassin powers are things like Shadow Darts, where you make three attack rolls and the more that hit, the more damage it deals.  Also gives a pretty decent chance to crit.
Yeah, shadow darts was actually decent, just needed to deal some dex mod damage. That kind of crit-fishing was a decent idea, but I'm not sure it was fully explored. Besides, I see the assassin as more of a crit-hunter, if you know what I mean. For example, a crit-fisher improves its average chance to crit, whereas a crit-hunter would be able to roll a crit when it counts the most. Like some kind of mechanic that expands the crit range based on the number of shrouds on the target. Sounds like good paragon path material to me, especially if you word it in a way that stacks with things like Jagged Weapons and the Weapon Mastery feats.
I would tie soemthing like that to use of a action point or soemthing or else they may crit to often and that would way way overpower them.

But say soemthing for a pargon path that says when you spend a action point to make a attack roll you count a roll of 18 or 19 as if you had rolled a 20. This ability stacks with other such crit enhanceing feats by further increasing the chance to crit by 2

This way while th epower is strong it can only be used once per 2 combats relisticaly
An' ye harm none, do what ye will
Or just make it the level 16 feature. You realize that that would only grant them a 25% chance to crit every four rounds. You could further limit that to something like, the target must be subjected to X shrouds. I would word it like this:

If you hit with an attack that you invoked your shrouds on, add the number of shrouds that the target was subjected to to the attack roll for the purpose of determining a critical hit. This does not change the attack roll.

As I said before, you could further limit it by saying that the target must have X amount of shrouds on it. Or you could even do this:

If you hit with an attack that you invoked your shrouds on, divide the number of shrouds that the target was subjected to by two, then add that number to the attack roll for the purpose of determining a critical hit. This does not change the attack roll.

That would limit it to 15% chance to crit every four rounds,  but it would still stack with Jagged Weapon/Weapon Mastery.
there are a few powers that drop crit to 18-20 on the roll but they are all daily powers so a power that granted the crit increase every 4 rounds is OP
There are also paragon paths that grant crits on 18-20 all the time. But we should just ignore those, because... oh wait. We shouldn't. They're valid material.
Needle's Poison guild is one I slightly struggle with - ongoing damage is OK as a striker mechanic (but it has to be quite large to be better than just hitting a bit harder) however, unless you can increase ongoing damage already present, it can make it a little difficult to focus your fire, since you don't want to hit the same guy again and waste to opportunity to stick some ongoing onto someone else.  Making the character able to extend the ongoing damage, either by increasing it on a target already taking it, or by imposing a save penalty, would be more useful than increasing ongoing damage already deealt by the power.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
I had actually considered making it stack, but I hadn't thought of the save penalty. Would a save end all the damage, or just 5? My DM does some nasty things with ongoing damage, mostly by making them stack, so I know personally how horrible it can be to have ongoing damage stack with multiple saves. I hate burning skeletons.
Regarding ongoing damage:
Ongoing damage of the same type doesn't stack unfortunately.  Different types do.  Example, if you get hit with ongoing 5 fire and ongoing 5 cold, then both effects apply and you must save vs both to end them.  But if you're hit with ongoing 5 fire and then another ongoing 5 fire, then you only have one ongoing 5 fire effect on you and only need to make one save.  

spaceinvader makes a good point.  Either a save penalty or hit increasing the ongoing damage would be good.  Or both.  Or some benefit when attacking enemies with ongoing damage on them (though that becomes worthless if the enemy saves)

Though I can see it being difficult to balance.  Ongoing damage can easily deal a large chunk of damage (more so than +stat mod extra damage and such).  Problem is 1) it's delayed damage, so it takes time for it to take effect, 2) if the target drops before taking ongoing, then it's wasted.

One nice thing about ongoing damage though is the tiefling feat Icy Clutch of Stygia.  An enemy who saves against ongoing damage takes a sizable chunk of cold damage.  But that's a specific race.  Though a miniature version of it might be good. 
I know that's how ongoing damage works, and I updated the Needle's Poison guild so that they stack their ongoing damage, but one save ends all of it. Should I still impose a save penalty? Also, I put the non-guild at-wills up. Check them out and tell me what you think.
There are also paragon paths that grant crits on 18-20 all the time. But we should just ignore those, because... oh wait. We shouldn't. They're valid material.

I will take your word on it I am not particularly well versed in the 60 zillion paragon paths out there having only encountered say 30 or 40 of the few hundread so perhaps a little less sas and flat rudeness might be entitled I mean I was stating a veiw and opinion and not saying it in a rude manor least I didn't think I was so why the rather rude responce?

It is ok I have plenty of other topics where I don't get rude responces I will take my time and opinion elsewhere

*Edit ok so thinking back I remember a couple one for radiant damage powers one for beast powers rouges have one for rouge or daggermaster powers when using a dagger I am sure there are some others all prety restrictive but You are ight there are a decent number of pargaon path prob 1% or so that grant a crit increase to specific kind of attack.

Though I would be interested for you to point me to a encounter or at will power or feature in the heroic tear that increases the crit range, Perhaps I am unaware of it and there is one out there.

Far as apragon path which were not realy talking about yet as far as I am aware but again I am sure I addle mindedly missed something it is not outside the realm of a paragon path to grant such a thing. still didn't have to be so dammed rude with the responce though
I will take your word on it I am not particularly well versed in the 60 zillion paragon paths out there having only encountered say 30 or 40 of the few hundread so perhaps a little less sas and flat rudeness might be entitled I mean I was stating a veiw and opinion and not saying it in a rude manor least I didn't think I was so why the rather rude responce?

It is ok I have plenty of other topics where I don't get rude responces I will take my time and opinion elsewhere

I apologize. I didn't mean to be rude. I just thought that everyone was familiar with at least the daggermaster, who gets a crit range of 18-20. Then again that is with daggers, but there are still some pretty sickening combos with that (I'm looking at you Bloodiron Weapon). I'm just saying that giving a 15% chance to crit every four rounds with any weapon sounds about as balanced as a 15% chance to crit any time with daggers, or kukris if you have a nice DM.

I actually had to refresh my memory on paragon paths I not used them a whole lot and when we do we spend so long looking through and choosing them that it is easy to forget most of what you have read is all.

and yea a dagger or implement crit is a lot less then say a greataxe there’s a huge possible damage difference same with beast powers and radiant powers both of which don't have the damage output. though granting a crit bonus when you have 4 shrouds on the target and using a light blade might help resolve that or allowing them to trade a D6 damage from the shroud out for a +1 chance to crit might be balanced

*edit sorry for the mistypes I flip letters sometimes and other times my keyboarded just neglects to enter a letter I hit topped with bad spelling and grammar yea just felt I should apologies for that since it seams some of my responses are hard to read did a spell check to correct this one lol even I had a hard time reading part of it

Yeah, I realize that a greataxe may be more powerful than a dagger for that purpose, but there are still plenty more PPs that give out expanded crit range, although usually 19-20. I probably was gonna limit it to light blades, that way the most you could get out of it is 8 max damage, whether that's with a rapier or a spiked chain with the multiclass feat. Although trading shroud damage for expanded crit range isn't a bad idea either.

EDIT: Actually, I'd limit it to light blade in off hand. That particular PP is gonna be for the Twilight Hunters, which I'm modeling somewhat off of Artemis Entreri from the Legend of Drizzt series. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should read it. It's a good series.
yes they are very good books I am almost to the end of the last book int he series wont talk about it to much for those who have yet to read the books but yes definatly great books but all of his so far have ben.

restricted to offhanded light blades definatly brings the power into line with most the others out there.

Perhaps allow a build that uses larger weapons to tade out shroud damage for a better chance to crit as part of there paragon path since that makes the trade a more viable option then if you were using a dagger not that some of the enchants can't amke for a very mean dagger crit
That is a great suggestion for another idea of a guild I had. They don't go for the "hide in the shadows and stab you in the back" style of assassin so much as the "I have a big weapon, and I know how to kill anything with it" style. Not to say that they CAN'T hide in the shadows, they love the fear they cause in others with their big weapons. And sacrificing the shroud damage for increased crit range would probably balance it out for them.

possibly one of these 3 might work

You may use a shroud to increase the chance to crit by 1, you may not spend more then 3 in this way and may not use any in this way untill you have 4 shrouds on the target.

or

For every 2 shrouds you sack you gain a +1 chance to crit and +1W damage on a crit

or

Every two shrouds you spend increase your attack roll by 1 Treat your roll as if it was one higher when determaining criticaly hits.

That last one is gonna need just a bit more explaining.

This is also a shout out for everyone's ideas and feedback. I've got all the at-wills up now, and I think they do the assassin justice rather well. Although, they may lean too much towards the controller sub-role, which I really hope isn't the case. 

Like the at-wills a lot.  Glad you used my idea for the MBA  Laughing

The RBA power is cool.  Not sure if it's too strong since a -2 penalty to all defenses is equivalent to handing out +2 hit to all your allies vs the target.  Though there might be another at-will out there that does the same, in which case, it's awesome!

The guild at-wills are a nice touch.  Shadow Venom's scaling penalty to saves vs ongoing meshes very well with the guild.  Definitely a better option from adding the save penalty now that the ongoing stacks.

Silent Arrow may need a line requiring concealment or cover (normal stealth requires total concealment or total cover).  As it is, you can hit, move, stealth check to become hidden OR miss and remain hidden from the guild feature.  Compare to the Rogue's Cunning Sneak feature in MP2.  Even though you would be using the same at-will over and over again, I don't think it should be that simple to be hidden.

Shadow Flurry.  Hmm, semi-Twin Strike.  Though more like the Barbarian at-will in Primal Power.  Definitely the strongest option, but I don't think it's too strong.

Ah, you're right. I'll nerf Silent Arrow, I think that's how I imagined it being used anyway. And I think Shadow Flurry definitely will be the strongest if you're going for pure damage. Part of why the at-wills aren't pick-and-choose, although that just makes it so optimizers will likely just choose twilight hunter.
the last option I had posted was basicaly expend two shrouds to gain a +1 to hit and a +1 to crit range.

As for balenceing the guilds so optimizers don't just choose the one guild thats simple add in encounter powers that have riders for the other guild that might make a optimizer have to stop and question which guild they want. At will might be better for guild A but then guild b has this realy cool encounter power but then I realy like the feature of guild c; should be about how it ends up otherwise the guilds arn't balenced well.

I will look over powers and junk and leave feadback on them laters busy with other prodjects at the moment
That's what I'm trying to do at the moment. Coming up with powers for the Death's Whisper guild is tough, cause I'm trying to design them as a sniper.
What you got so far perhaps I can help you with a few ideas
I don't really have anything so far. That's why I'm stuck for the moment.
silent arrow needs reworded as it is worded now it makes it seam as if you get a -2 to the stealth check If you have concealment or cover.

I think you probably inteded it to mean you make make a stealth roll -2 to remain hidden as long as you have cover or concealment or perhaps soemthing else not entirely sure.

for encounter powers some idea might be

Unbalenceing shot 2W + abil damage and the target is slowed untill end of there next turn
Spacial: if your are hidden when you make this attack the target is also knocked prone.

Prime shot 2W + abil damage If you are hidden and have combat advantage then this attack does 1W extra damage

Multi Shot 1W damage repeat the attack against a target within 5 spaces
Special: if you are hidden when you make this attack you may treat the second target as if they had the same number of shrouds on them as the primary target.

Aimed shot 2W + ability damage As long as you are hidden you may treat a roll of 19 or 20 as a crit and do 1W extra damage on a crit.

Arrow barrage Burst 1 within 10; 1W +ability damage Special you may shift 2 before you make this attack as a free action.

those are a few power thoughts if non of them fit what your after maybe some further info of your mental immage might help
Yeah, the wording on that one is tough, but you got the intent right. I'll have a go at rewording it.

Also, for future reference for anyone that suggests powers, remember that this is a shadow class, not martial. Think shadowy, at least when you're naming them. That being said, I like the idea for multi shot, I'll just change it up a bit.